Register now to get rid of these ads!

At Last...I'm Showing my Junk! (Model A Progress)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vegas, Dec 5, 2008.

1. vegas

vegas

I don't talk on here a lot, but I do a lot of listening! :D I am actually going to start a thread, and post the most recent pics of my 1929 coupe though, cuz I'm so excited that I can't stop smiling after finally seeing the body on the chassis today. I started this project in March of 2008 by getting the body, and a whole 1953 Chrysler Town and Country wagon that actually ran to get an engine. Well, enjoy! If anyone is interested in seeing earlier pics of my progress, let me know, or check out my album on here.
    -Corey

Attached Files:

2. Ghost28

Ghost28

hmm... HEMI LOOKING REAL GOOD

3. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

If thats junk i'd like to see your good stuff!! That gonna be a good looking car. Keep it up.

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

very cool!!! you're about as far as I am with mine. You've done some nice work there!

5. JRRoberts

JRRoberts
    from Madison WI

I like it, keep up the good work.

6. vegas

vegas

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement! If you checked my album, this is what I started with. Of course it will look lots better, in my opinion, when it is chopped too! ;)

Attached Files:

7. pompadour

pompadour

8. turdytoo

turdytoo

You are no longer allowed to use the word "junk", You ain't got junk. LOOKS PRETTY GOOD TO ME.

9. Rich B.

Rich B.
    Member Emeritus
    from Portage,IN

Look's great man! Love Hemi Coupes! Great
    progress for starting in March.
    Rich

10. damnfingers

damnfingers

Nice work...looks like the body was in decent shape when you got it...hardly *JUNK*!

11. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I DON'T see no JUNK! That is a very NICE Project you have there!How much y' planning on chopping it?That first time seeing the body on the Chassis is a great feelin' for sure!Nice work, man.

Nick.

12. vegas

vegas

I'm planning on a 4" chop. I already channelled it 4". I'm not super tall, but I think it might start getting uncomfortable past that point. They sure look awesome chopped 6", but I don't want to over-do it. This is my first time building a car like this, and I want to make sure I like driving it as much as looking at it.

13. the hemi looks good in there, thats gonna look mean with a 4in chop. keep the pics coming

14. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Should look Fuckin' stunning with a 4'' chop!I'm now thinkin' of chopping mine 3''.Post some MORE pictures of your progress, I'd like to keep up with it.Nice work.I really love that bloody Hemi,should scoot along nicely!:D

Nick.

15. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

wow, that looks great.

very clean

16. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Now stick a small block mopar in the wagon and you will have a very cool driver too!

17. Dr59Elky

Dr59Elky
    from Wisconsin

Well it's quite obvious nef, that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Looking at your progress reminds me of 1960 when watching big brother do the same thing that you have accomplished.

I like the way you think ahead and chop only 4" instead of 6". Ride comfort is more important than looking cool, especially as we "pack on" the years (words of experience).

Remember that they just don't look as kool when wrapped around a tree. :D

-Unk

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If this is your first build your a quick study. It looks like you'll have a super ride when your finished. what size Hemi came in the wagon.

Frank

19. AHotRod

AHotRod

Nice HotRod :)
    Keep posting pictures and progress....

20. moses

moses

looooooookn gooooooood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

At last! A use for space saver spares. Nice work!

22. vegas

vegas

This is my first build and hot rod, but I read a lot! ;) The hemi is a 1953 331. I know the extended blocks aren't as cool as the later ones, but I saw it run in the wagon before I pulled it, and it seemed to run OK, and it was local. I am crossing my fingers that I'll be able to clean, reseal, and paint it, and then run it for a year or two as is. I did get a 4bbl intake for it (took forever to find an early one with the thermostat in the intake manifold) and the correct WCFB carb, so that will be on it. I also have a set of Sanderson lake headers to use.

As for the wagon....I wish I could have kept it around for a yard decoration at least, but I couldn't :(. The whole bottom of it was rusted away though. The odometer only showed like 23000 miles (I still have the cluster), and the interior wasn't too shot so....maybe the hemi will work for a while as is, or I'm just being hopeful! :cool:

23. poorboy

poorboy

looks good man

24. Brickster

Brickster

That's a good looking driveshaft.

25. vegas

vegas

Well here's some more progress...it has a steering wheel, shifter, and seats!! :eek:

Attached Files:

26. Nice fab work........is that a late 80's Ford F-150 trans.? (or MR5?)

27. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

28. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

t-5?

29. PoPo

PoPo

looks great man. Nice build!!

30. vegas

vegas

More progress...I made radiator/fan/grill shell supports, mounted the headlights, and I now have clutch and brake pedals! The trans is a T5, BTW. Yea, I know...the electric fan sucks...With the frame setup and channel though, there was no way a regular fan would have worked. :(

Attached Files: