Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features How many real 32 roadsters present?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Daddy Don, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Always wondered about that question!!---No, brookville's etc. do NOT count,----I mean the real Mcoy!!! Here is my research results.
    Standard roadster Briggs body V8----520----4cyl.----948
    Deluxe roadster Briggs body V8-----6893----4 cyl.---3719
    Grand total of ALL 1932 Ford Roadsters mfg. is----12,080!!

So, out of that many actually built, how many REAL ones are there in existence?????----This outa start those keyboards clicking!!-------Don:D

2. Fogger

Fogger

I am fortunate to own one of the 3719 Deluxe Model B Henry Ford 1932 Roadsters. Although it's now a hiboy hotrod. The FOGGER

LOU WELLS likes this.
  3. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I have the honor to own a real one too.Hiboy too, chassis #18-3851 early Job I'd say .

LOU WELLS likes this.
  4. I know SR has a real one. He is the 1000$ ebay roadster guy, wonder what his cars VIN number is? Great fella also.-Weeks

5. I'm another proud owner of a genuine Deluxe roadster. It's a hiboy that hopefully will be on the road this spring. I also know of four other genuine deuce roadster in Spokane, WA that are all on the road today.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  6. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

you lucky bastards..

LOU WELLS likes this.
  7. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I have a real one. Older picture...
    and had another that I sold..little rust.

F-head has one...sure would like to see updates..

Attached Files:

LOU WELLS likes this.
  8. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

not pretty but its a real one
    [​IMG]

LOU WELLS likes this.
  9. It's been said many times that the state of California has more registered deuces today than the entire production of 1932. Dave Mann (Roadsters.com on this forum) might have some info. on today's total numbers. But keep in mind, depending on the state and the builder, many 1-800 "build a deuce's" are registered as current year vehicles. What I wonder is how many originals still survive?

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Here is the one that I'm taking care of.

11. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:(

Just because it has been said ... does not make it true. Ford mass produced over 203 thousand 1932 Fords.

203,126 to be exact
    :)

I very seriously doubt that there are 203,126 Deuces in the entire United States ... much less California. That's over 4 thousand Deuces per state ( 50 states X 4,000 = 200,000 ). There are about 25 in South Carolina ... counting the 1-800 cars too ... so we ... like so many states ... would fall in the less than 1 per cent bracket. That leaves a lot of numbers to be made up in other states. :rolleyes:

But back to Deuce Daddy Dons original question.

[​IMG]

I have one ... and have owned it for 30 years ( not as long as Deuce Daddy Don has had his ). A friend of mine owns this one ...

[​IMG]

And a friend in Charleston SC has one ( no photo ).

12. Dirty2

Dirty2

I have friends that have them , well 2 .

13. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

i have one too!!
    -palle

Attached Files:

• sh11.jpg
      sh11.jpg
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
  14. scarylarry

scarylarry

Yup

Attached Files:

15. I don't have a roadster yet, but I will.

Oh yes, SHE WILL BE MINE !!

Rat

16. turdytoo

turdytoo

here's a pic of my real one. It's not mine anymore but its up the road 60 miles. The one behind its glass and my avitar is Brookville.

Attached Files:

17. Me too...

Attached Files:

18. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

recently recover after a long absence

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been lucky enough to have 5 original roadsters over the years always had to sell them because I needed money. Now relegated to using Brookville. Maybe someday?

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I can think of 3 that are not on the list.

Kevan Sledge

Don Dillard

Tom Branch

21. Larry T

Larry T

This one belongs to a guy I know in Wichita Falls.

[​IMG]

22. Good topic of discussion-most compelling.

I wonder...does anyone know if the Brookevilles, Dearborn Deuces and any other steel Deuce roadster's production number shave exceeded FoMoCo's yet? If not, can anyone who might know be able to project how far off that might be?

I wouldn't want to see this turn into a Bloomington Gold Corvette 'registration and verification' kind of thing, but once the repro Deuces exceed the number of originals you do have to wonder about the historical value or better yet, historical context of the originals? That's why we are seeing Hot Rods at Pebble Beach now because even the Pebble Beach folks are starting to finally recognize that many of the original Deuces are true pieces of American History. For those of you that own an original, I salute you and hope that we can find some sort of tasteful way to recognize the originals.

I don't know what the answer is, but this thread brings up a good point of recognizing the true originals.

23. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

George Leonard's car (the latest Rodders Journal ) as well as John Mearns (I Tube) are 2 more Gennie roadsters we've built, locally Lanny Boetel (doing my upholstery ) Mert Prothero & Jerry Kugel have 3 more to add .
    That's 5 I know of.

24. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

do these numbers include canadian cars??

25. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

I dream of finding a real one :D someday. I haven't seen any forsale and it sounds like the guys that were lucky to find one, hold on to them for ever. Some great looking Roadsters !!

26. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

I have one, a never finished 50s hot rod that i have finished(if still running the 50s primer counts as finished) and have on the road for 4 years now. I know of at least 10 guys with real cars, 3 buddies out east and the rest here in so.wi and no. Ill.
    I suppose the next forum will have to ask the same question about 3 window coupes.D

27. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I can be added to that 3W list also ... :D

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

My origional, needing a lot of work, went down the road to pay for the body work and chopped top on my '32 2dr. If Brookville's roadster had been in existence I would have saved it but that was about 5-6 years before they had their dies finished. It would have had all origional outside sheetmetal and the guy I sold it to has it all done ,beautiful, and he used origional pieces to bring it back. With the parts he salvaged off mine that brought his total to 4 origionals.
    Now I have to content myself with a Brookville wannabe, an origional '32 2dr and an origional 5w. I had 2 origional 5w's but just traded Fuelpump my backup for Harrison's old '38 coupe. With 7 origional '32's over the years I can die a happy man. I will have a bigger smile on my face if I can score the 2dr and Vicky that are in dry storage I've know about for 25 years (they haven't moved in over 55 years) before I punch the big ticket.

Frank

29. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...note to self...become fab32's newest-bestest-friend-in-the-whole-world...:)

40ragtopdown and kidcampbell71 like this.
  30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

So this does not become a snobbish thread ... or a ELITE thread ...

I, for one, are very happy that Wescott, Brookville and s o m e of the other makes a affordable alternative to buying Henry's 32 roadsters. Because if they did not, I would not be able to own the one I have. I have been approached quite a few times over the years with offers to buy my 32 roadster. Some were even real tempting, but my wife supports my car diease and loves the old 32's almost as much as I do ... so I have kept it.

I have noticed that quite a few of the fellows who posted here and have owned their 32 stuff for a long time also has the same long time support from their wives like I do. :D