Register now to get rid of these ads!

HOT ROD LINCOLN---BUILD--1937 zephyr

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by helmsville, Nov 19, 2008.

1. helmsville

helmsville

after wrestling with you yesterday i think you need to sell the 1953, for a one tun truck (chubby) Hey did you find a new sticker on your back window?

2. studhud

studhud

Hey I thought about it some more last night I remembered that the 38 and 37 floor and trans covers are completely different. I put a T-5 and an 8 inch rear with a t-5 you dont need a columbia (2 overdrives). Plus you dont see the rearend anyways. Instead put the columbia in a hotrod or sell it to me:D. The shifter I think would come up in a 37 right where it supposed to. The 38 has the dash shifter which I want to keep so I'm building some linkage. I saw a drag mustang with the shifter mounted back on some heim joints I am going to do the same in reverse and go forward to keep the wacky shifter LTR Dave.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  3. phukinartie

phukinartie

I seen this car in person just drivin by 1 day when he was workin on it IT MADE MY HEAD SPIN!!! lotsa work man but its gonna be cuhoooool cant wait to see it again

4. helmsville

helmsville

hey Vic! i see you have a green roadster at the bottom of the pic, i spend more time driving my little green roadster more than my hot rod.

5. helmsville

helmsville

Im going to keep welding and thinking about what your saying, makes sense, i will sell you the roadster with the quick change. thank's Chris

6. Drewski7

Drewski7

The Zephyr build sound's like it's going to be a cool project and off to a great start! You go Bro. I will be watching for lot's of pic's.

Andy Helmsville

7. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

This just makes me happy. God bless you citizen.

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I like the Hot Rod theme.
    Go one step further and really shake up the troops going gasser style. Hemi, straight axle, ET III's. It does have some 40 Willys shape about it-especially the roof and door lines.
    At any rate, I agree the tail dragger style has been a typical treatment for these for too long.

9. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

That is a seriously beautiful car. Very very nicely designed

10. helmsville

helmsville

Hey you! i know sum one with that last name-um-let me think------i know, a rock star named Zackman from Stanwood, luv you Bro!

11. Turnerinc.

Turnerinc.
    from Kelso

Just pick a damn drivetrain already. I agree that the T5 setup is the path of lesser resistance , but for the love of God, enough with that antiquated P.O.S. Columbia. Spend the money to pay me instead, LOL. Lets use the 9 inch and utilize the 4 wheel disc idea. I really think this is vastly more bang for your buck , and the driveability will be what you are after. HUBCAPS RULE! And you are banned from doing anymore tin work. LOL. Talk to you in a bit.

12. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

This is what I would do to it. Notice the wheelbase change. I know cutting up a Lincoln too much might make a few squeemish but if you want to make a car thats more Hot Rod and less custom I think it would look better shorter. Its just too long and lean for a Hot Rod.
    hot%20rod%20lincoln%20009.jpg

13. Turnerinc.

Turnerinc.
    from Kelso

Helms, give me a call, I am stuck up here in the snow, but first sign of thaw and I want to try and bust out some more on the car. The suburban is getting worked on now that I am a captive in my own garage. LOL. Let me know what you need done on the heads, I may have missundestood you last time we talked.

14. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

Now you know that volkswagons granpappy was ---- EDSEL FORD!

15. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

GADS If it needs any stretching it needs a longer hood!

16. redrico1

redrico1

lotta work but its worth it.

17. laloszephyr

laloszephyr

goodluck with the zephyr, cant wait to see more pics.

18. helmsville

helmsville

yes, i have been told that John Tjaarda and porche had a little talk about design at 1935 36 auto show, not sure if that was Germany or the united state's. if any body know's the real story i would love to here it.

19. This should be a good build ! How much work was it to get the body and
    frame seperated. I see they are welded together. I am about to start on
    a sedan.

20. helmsville

helmsville

here is some pic's on the rotisserie, v12 motor is rebuilt trany rebuilt now i need to rebuild coulumbia rearend. im hope to make a big push this summer. thank's Chris

Attached Files:

21. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

That thing has to be custom,the lines and style is perfect for that.Its a great car and that V-12 is going to be killer.

22. CrusadersNV

CrusadersNV

super cool body on these, looking forward to seeing its progress. i dont think anything can spoil these car except for whatever was done to alice coopers.

23. Looking good so far...

24. farmer12

farmer12

Love the look of these cars, keep the pics coming. I'll be watching this one for sure.

25. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

CooooooooooooooL................Rich

26. helmsville

helmsville

here is a couple of the v12 rebuilt, i wish i had a pic with ulum. heads and duel carb intake, but the motor is still at machine shop.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  27. DON'T WE ALL!!!!! One of the best looking cars of all time, can't wait to see more pics.

28. slammed

slammed

Car and motor are awesome. One combo that will make some heart's sing.

29. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

What a fun build. Please keep us posted!

30. Pete

Pete

Fuck,,,, that car is sexy! Wow, may pants just got tight! Ill save this build as a favorite!

Pete-