Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville car pics request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Dec 3, 2008.

1. dannyego

dannyego

If this in another thread I apologize... I was just curios what other cars are run out on the flats. I have seen tons of pictures in magazines of belly tanks model a's and some studebakers. I was just wondering if anyone had pics of anything else either old or new. The pictures that is, I dont want to see new cars. When I was a kid My dad would drive me and my brother out to bonneville from chicago every couple of years. I have a son who is 4 now and I would like to get to work over the next few years and build something to take out there so he would have the same great memories I do. Any pics to get the ideas flowing would be greatly appreciated. Im not ruling out a model A or a stude I just want to get some more ideas.

2. Try the H.A.M.B. "Search 6" feature (on the black bar of the masthead) ... just enter "Bonneville+Pics" as the search criteria ... tons of threads here with pics of Bonneville roadsters, coupes, lakesters, streamliners, motorcycles, etc., etc.

You might also checkout the SCTA website (www.scta-bni.org) and/or the LandRacing.com website (http://www.landracing.com/gallery/) ...

3. river1

river1

4. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Lots pf Camaros, Monzas and Vegas. I even have a Vega. Not to HAMB proper though. There is all kinds of stuff out there.

Attached Files:

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

At Specialized Auto Parts in the early 70s we had a 26-27 T Bonneville roadster with a pointed track nose, very small grille, a flame paint job striped by "Jeffries"(name small enough to be covered by a dime in the tradition of the best stripers). Also had the Trophy from B'ville when it set a record in the early 50s.
    It ran an Ardun Ford at B'ville and later a Chrysler Hemi at the drags.
    The Boss sold it to Trip Parr who kept it for several years and then sold it to Don Ferguson. WOnder where it is now? It was a good looking car.

7. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

Just bought 3 neat books at Turkey Run titled THE BIRTH OF HOT RODDING..The Story of the Dry Lakes Era. It is fantastic with loads of pictures and lots of Belly Tanks! Author is Robert Genat.

8. Huh? ... they have tons of Bonneville Pics in that photo gallery ... none from 2008 (yet) ... but that's not what dannyego asked for ... he just wanted pics of different kinds of vehicles that run at Bonneville.

9. cactus zach

cactus zach

here is our car check us out some time www.1149.ca

first pic is the A just hangin out on the bed
    second pic is a comparision between the car and a bone stock model A truck

current fastest time 202.194 mph
    mill: chev 427 850 hp all motor no nitrous no turbo no blower just carb
    and 140 octane juice

Attached Files:

10. dannyego

dannyego

I appreciate all the links. They have some very useful stuff. I was looking for pics of some of the different 50's and early 60's stuff run, as opposed to the belly tanks and model A's. I have come across some cool pics but could use some more.

11. dannyego ... Just about any (wheel-driven) vehicle can run at Bonneville ... you are only limited by your imagination (and the SCTA rule book :)) ... click HERE for a list of all the different SCTA-BNI Car & Truck classes ... and be sure to check out the different Engine classes!

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

13. Todd553

Todd553

14. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus