Register now to get rid of these ads!

barnfind/survivor pic request thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skunx1964, Dec 1, 2008.

1. James427

James427
    BANNED

Not mine, but I downloaded them off of the internet because I like looking at it. :)

Attached Files:

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's a pair of '37 Chevy 1/2T's I pulled out of two barns in Central Bridge, NY, back in the late-80's. I had a lead on the red one and drove out to take a look. I was hemming & hawing about it's lack of a few parts and the girl that was selling it, told me her father, who lived a couple of miles away, had another '37 with the missing parts and would sell it. I hot-footed it over and bought that one, too. As I recall, I got both of them for $500.00.

When I brought them back home, my wife said, "Well, I suppose you bought the truck, didn't you?". I told her, "No, dear, you told me I couldn't buy a truck, so I bought TWO of them !". She got over it.........eventually. :D

I ran into some financial problems a year or two later and sold them both. They got turned into a couple of street rods, unfortunately.................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

This 40 was a Virginia barn find... The story on the car is the guy my dad bought this from was an old dirt track racer and this was his tow car. He blew the motor up in 54' and put in a 59AB flatty, .060 over, alum heads & 2 2's, cast headers and some other stuff and never got it to fire up. His son played with it in the 70's and put in a new wiring harness. The old timer stopped by my dads shop to admire the cars outside and told him he had a 40 Ford forsale but it was in VA. He sold it to my dad for $600.00.

[​IMG]

This 52 2dr Fleetline(yes, I know it has a 51 grille) was another field find... Dad bought this in 1981 at an estate auction. The farmer who bought this new for his wife passed away in 1957. His wife died in 1955. The car was left in an open barn with 6,339.9 original miles on it. My dad documented it with the VCCA.

[​IMG]

I don't have any pics of it right now but his old 40 Chevy coupe was a gasser from the early 60's. He streetrodded it in the early 70's then traded it for a couple of A sedans. He last saw it at Bike Week in 79' at Daytona with NY plates on it...

No pics of this one right now either but his old 40 Studebaker was also an old gasser with a 413/727 in it. Parts were stolen off the car while it was being stored at the shop. He finally got disgusted and sold it when he bought the 40 Ford above...

4. skunx1964

skunx1964

btt for night crowd

5. Vorhese

Vorhese

The street rod trend sure ruined a lot of good tin. (as did the rat rod trend I'm sure)

6. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I found a couple of good ones in the last year. I bought this Hudson truck out of what was left of a barn. I had to cut 5 or 6 trees down to get it out. The second one is my A model Sport Coupe. It had set apart in a barn for the last 40 years. No pics of them in their original spots but these are after I drug them home.

Later,
    Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

Attached Files:

7. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Ohhh. That Hudson is one of my favorites... Well, after a 37-40 Stude Express...;)

8. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

9. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Here's mine. Built in '53 in Fresno. Stored until 60s. On road in California until early 70s (tan interior makeover and yellow repaint go back to this period). Then back into the barn until a few years ago, when someone got it out of the barn and into a junkyard. Here are a few shots of what it looked like then, and what it looks like now. Everything that comes off, like the rusty headers, is being saved.

Attached Files:

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  10. titus

titus

heres my buddies barn find, but it was in his barn!! he bought/built it in 1956 and still has it, were gonna work on it one of these days when he gets around to it.

jeff

Attached Files:

11. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

come on Jeff. GET that thing on the road!!! It is cool as hell...

12. Found mine in a little one car garage at a small salvage yard at the west
    edge of Springfield, MO in 1973. It was sitting there full of bales of
    hardwood flooring, and surrounded by wooden store counters that came
    out of an old dime store on the Springfield square. Had to enter thru
    the window in the side of the garage to get to it. The owner let me make
    several payments on it, which I mailed to him every few weeks. When it
    was paid for, I took a tow bar and some good tires and wheels, and pulled
    it back to Joplin.

Looked like this at first (old photo, not so great).

http://[​IMG]

Looks a little better today.

http://[​IMG]

13. 100_6866.jpg Traded for this several weeks ago, came out of Wichita. I don't have much history on it. Has new chassis. Was channeled at one time. Plans are to build a driver and leave body as is.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  14. [​IMG]

I know its a scooter, but this is my only barn find ever. Found it 4 years ago in a garage in the town I worked in while at a garage sale. Its a 1962 Lambretta TV 175. Pretty rare. Claimed to be the first bike with a front disc brake. All original and even had its factory fiberglass front fender intact and not cracked(rare in itself).

Story is the guy I got it from get it in trade in the 80s for some plumbing he did. The little old women didnt have money and offered her deceased husbands scooter, that he bought brand new. I got it for $20!!! :eek:

Fell on hard times and sold it 6 months after getting it :( for 4 figures!!

I regret selling it to this day.

15. Sat in a garage scince 1984. Neighbors never knew it was in there, were amazed when we pulled it out.-MIKE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 20th Century Chevy

20th Century Chevy

Not really a find, but this was my grandpa's car. It's all original, straight 8, 3 on the floor, 60,000 miles. He bought it in 1979 from a man in Iowa. I got it from my uncle earlier this year. I had to put a new seal in around the pivot ball. Other than that it's one of the smoothest running cars I've seen. I think it's had about 2000 miles put on it since '79. Sorry about the size, but I am computer dumb sometimes.[​IMG]

17. bodyman

bodyman
    from east tx

more?!?!?!? love this stuff

18. skunx1964

skunx1964

btt. any more?

19. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

My Essex had been sitting in a storage shed in Dauphin Manitoba since 1988. Very few towns people knew it was there. I was offered it last year. More on the story with loads of pics on my website.
    [​IMG]

20. LULL

LULL

1949 chevy C3100, found in a barn on a Kansas farm...I scraped off cow shit older than I am!

before...
    before.jpg
    and after a little elbow grease
    after.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  21. alsancle

alsancle

I've posted this a bunch of times. My dad spent almost 30 years tracking it down. It was in the barn from 1951 to 2005. It's a 1928 Stutz that was specially built for a wealthy playboy. There is a whole thread on it if you are interested.

Attached Files:

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  22. skunx1964

skunx1964

that things pretty wild!

23. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

Some of you might have seen this before. 69 Daytona with 34k.

Attached Files:

24. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Not as nice as some but she runs and goes :)

Attached Files:

25. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

You need to do an update on your Shumacher thread, how's this beauty coming along?

26. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

41 Hearse.

Attached Files:

27. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

56 convert.

Attached Files:

28. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

A friend of mine found this 34 in a calf barn, in 2005. It had been sitting north of Leaf River Ill. since about 1960. I bought it like this last June.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  29. S.F.

S.F.

heres my A roadster built in 1958 ....shes been sitting in a barn since 1973
    until I dragged her home 2 weeks ago

Attached Files:

30. James427

James427
    BANNED

I found this in a Shed in Southfield Michigan in 1996. A 1937 Adler Lemans streamliner race car. Here is a picture of me picking it up along with a 66 T-bird vert I bought. The second pic is after I had cleaned the dirt off of the aluminum body. The last picture is after it was restored after I sold it to the blackhawk collection.

Attached Files: