Register now to get rid of these ads!

barnfind/survivor pic request thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skunx1964, Dec 1, 2008.

1. skunx1964

skunx1964

all the old magazine/carshow and survivor and barnfind pics that have been posted lately got me thinkin, it be nice to see em all in one place. lets see some 50s/60s rods and customs that havent changed much since originally built, like the couple roadsters thatve popped up lately. i love that shit, its inspiring. if you got any info or stories to go with the pics thatd be awesome:cool:

2. 31whitey

31whitey

Alright...after two fail attempts at a lengthy history...Im writing the abreviated version and specs.
    This 31 P.U. is known as HOYS HAULER.It was built from 1959-1962 by TED HOY and THE ROADMATES car club.They are out of Ontario, Canada.It was shown through out the north east and canada during the 60's.
    Ted sold the truck in the late 60's, and it changed hands a few more times during the 70's 80's and 90's.During this time it was changed very little recieving only a new paint job.The truck was dissambled in the late 90's and was to be restored, but that did not happen.Here is where the HAMB gets involved.
    A known HAMBr Kenny "CHOPRODS" Baker struck a deal, drove to Canada and picked the truck up in pieces.He is the one RESPONSIBLE for saving this old rod.CHOPRODS rebuilt the truck to it present form.Sometime after 2000 CHOPRODS sold the truck.It ended up on a car lot in MAINE.I bought from this lot.
    I drove the truck for two years, the whole time looking for its history.While doing some parts hunting I met DIRTYEST DEVIL.He told me about the HAMB, and said someone there will know this truck.I joined and posted, looking for history of HOYs HAULER.Well with in two hours I was talking to CHOPRODS and knew the name of the builder.I had found more info in two hours here than two years looking else where.Two weeks later I contacted TED HOY and said "Ihave your truck man", he goes "Ive been waiting twenty five years for this call".TED is the greatest. Him and his wife Sandra have sent me all pics, and info about the truck.
    When the flatty became a little tired, I decided to rebuild it.That turned it to a complete dissassembly of the entire truck.With the old photos in hand it was time to put TEDs truck back to the way it was in 62'. Parts were found,TEDs memory was picked, and surprisingly the only parts that were missing were the olds fiesta hub caps and a 58 impala steering wheel.I look forward to meeting TED and SANDRA one day in person, and have agreed that if the truck comes up for sale, they are to be reunited with their HAULER.
    Here are some mor pics from the day it was completed.
    HOYS HAULER...
    1931 model A pickup
    Owner/Builder: TED HOY
    Body Alterations:
    channeled 6 inches
    bed shortened 12 inches and panned
    63 chevy tailights

Motor Alterations
    296 cu in...ported,polished,bored
    lincoln valves
    isky 404 cam
    scheifer clutch
    11 pound alum flywheel
    carbs 3-2s

Chassis Modifications
    Zd 3 inches
    32 ford grille
    2 1/2 inch dropped axle
    51 merc steering
    54 ford swing pedals
    56 ford gas tank
    austin heally rad
    39 ford trans
    fab split front hairpins

this is how the show board read.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
    Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  3. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

cemetery find,,,,before....30 yrs later...sorry its an mc but bitchin' nonetheless

Attached Files:

4. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

What???? Please tell the story. Did you dig it up :eek::D:cool:

5. 31whitey

31whitey

I'll rewrite the truck story later....

Heres my INDIAN...cant say it was a find but It came out of a barn...my grandpaps.

been parking my dirtbikes next to it for 25 years...now its getting the dirt track rebuild.

LOOKING FOR A BATES SEAT...and P.PAD
    [​IMG]

6. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

re: 36 chief....sorry to clog thread w/ bike stuff
    found in oakwood cemetery chatsworth cal. had been in gardening shed 40+ yrs. found on owners b'day. he had been dead for years and wife forgot it was there. she figured since it was his b'day it was fate she sold to me. great lady. augustine enderle. she also had his 54 corvette. sorry, way goe. she is dead now too. six mo. later she found orig. 36 title and a year later found franks' leather jacket. i sold 4 yrs ago but rode many yars. took to bonneville and el mirage. try to ride all the places frank and brother art would have ridden. used to blast by cemetary middle of the night so he could hear it. he's buried thier.due to health i couldnt ride/start it anymore. all kids gone now paid heavy debt and put $ down on new sofftail standard in 04. get to ride now when up to it. is restored now and someone doing story on it....thank you paul watts for loaning me the 800. vay con Dios pic is at lacr drags vintage natls w/fartsack 70's

Attached Files:

7. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

very nice. just sold solo and pad on jockey. sorry. do have 31 chief tractor seat pan though..

8. Here is my 34.Had been in a leaky garage for about 30 years.Been in mine now for a few.Completely stock except for the headlights I think.Hood is off but I have it too.

Attached Files:

9. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

my 32 3window traced to early 60's with wedge

Attached Files:

10. mx6262

mx6262

That Indian flattracker is bad@%*. That sould be fun to slide..:rolleyes:

11. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

12. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Here's a Cool old truck sitting in a garage after the owner lost his leg and could really drive her anymore. Built in the 1950's driven till 1962 . We took her out of the garage were she sat for over 45 years

Attached Files:

13. Could have bought this a few years back but it was out of my price range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Whitey, are all of those bikes yours dude? I really like the Indian and it's pretty cool that it was your Grandaddy's. Your really starting to get on my nerves with all the cool shit you have.

15. This was brought out of storage by a friend of mine. His father in law built it in the late 60's. My friend got it running and he and his father in law took it to one of the early Primer Nat's. Now the son has it and has completely stripped it down to nothing and it's getting a modern street rod makeover.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 31whitey

31whitey

Ya...the gold one and the flamed one are unfinished though...my black scoot is beat up pretty bad...

ALL will be sold off this winter, except the INDIAN....Have found some pre 57 H.D. stuff stashed and really want to swing that deal....REAL chopper shit.

just typed another story...hit the tab button and its gone...I'm telling the short version...

KEV...that roadster rules...any idea what happened to it...looks like it had some race influence, and was built nicely....

17. jimmyv

jimmyv

My 31 coupe. Found sitting next to a barn. Chopped in 1958 or 59.

Attached Files:

18. Not mine. Sold years ago but cool pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 31whitey, I have no idea what happened to the roadster. The owner moved out of town and I have no name or #.

20. I thought this was a good score, 32 unchopped three window.

Attached Files:

21. James427

James427
    BANNED

Found this in 2004 still in the guys possesion that built it in 1961. Had to give a whopping $10,000 for it, but he held my feet to the fire and would not come down one nickel. All steel, small block vette engine, pie crust slicks, white tuck and roll and mexican blanket all circa 1961. Still had its 1966 Nebraska plates on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. skunx1964

skunx1964

good stuff fellas, keep it goin.

23. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Man! You need to warn people before you post something like this up... Shit, I just dump coffee on my lap! Damn...

24. Some great photos, thanks for posting you lucky SOB's.

25. Lucked into this one. Not found in a barn, but abandon in a garage sine the 60's. Built in Maryland in the late 40's.

Attached Files:

26. Here's my only found hot rod. It's a 39 standard coupe, built in the early-mid 60's. Has a 283 with a Hurst front mount and a Cragar adapter to the stock trans. Front/rear end also stock. Has full red/white tuck-n-roll. I bought it a little over a year ago. Previous owner told me he went through 12 trannys while owning the car :D It sat in front of that garage under a tarp since before I was born. A lot of people knew the car and tried to get it for years, I was just in the right place at the right time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Maybe not as cool as a Willys Gasser or a time tunnel '32 coupe, but here's a custom '40 Hudson I tracked down back in the late 70's. It had been built by a fellow in the same town as our shop back in the early 50's from an article in Popular Mechanics. When I saw the garage it was supposed to be in, I told the guy to step back, cuz this needed to by saved on film.
    The 2 little kids in the third shot are now in their early 40's and the car was eventually restored by a guy in Wisconsin.

Attached Files:

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

if you go look at my picture albums ..that 53 chevy was a barn find..covered in chicken crap..now 10 years later shes looking good enough that you would never know it..the before pictures i had of it, got lost in a house fire..good thing it was in storage at the time..it was nasty..but that black paint is its original coat..I just buffed the living shit out of it litterally..so much that in places the paint is thin and showing the original red led primer..

Attached Files:

29. what is that Indian, abt. '51 500cc Warrior? very cool.

30. some of these pics looks like a model car. nice find by the way