Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods When things seem to look wrong..but yet look all so right..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 11, 2008.

1. outlaw256

outlaw256

the only thing wrong with that ride is it aint MINE, damn that thing looks so right!!!!!!!!! THAT THING AINT NO COOKIE CUTTER. i love it . great work. get er done!!

2. martin

martin

Looking good from down here Dave, Think your right, you need to finish the job, and give it a run. He`d be proud of ya.
    Martin.

3. LIMEY

LIMEY

When he mentioned paint thats just what i pictured....... ;-)

Kev.

4. skwurl

skwurl

You're right . Its all messed up. I'll do you a favor. I'll trade you my model a so you can start over. Dude that is the baddest model a on the planet. You nailed it. I wouldnt change a thing.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  5. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I am thinking something nice a sublte........... the less is more approach....but if I went on the wild side......it would have to be Big Flake..Littleman

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

If I had to do it all over again, I would move it back another 4 to 6''..........Littleman....hug Lucky for me........

7. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

It just RULES...DDS & LW my all time favs...It just doesnt get anymore BADASS..

8. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I understand what your saying and have no problem w/ it.....This will be a fully functional DragCar....built the way I would have done it if I was alive and kicking in the mid sixties..........I love traditional hotrods...but as a backyard builder want to create my own footsteps and walk down my own path..be it right or wrong....and not purposely walk down the path of others before me...to me its easy to look in the old hotrod little books and dupplicate what someone has already done....I am extremely grateful to all that started this hobby and to all that continue it today no matter what they build............if that makes any sense?..Littleman....I would love to drive the PPE...one day

9. plmczy

plmczy

Yeah I think it needs to be painted like the KS Pittman car or something similiar like that. Flake and gold leaf!!! later shawn

10. brandon

brandon

chopped grille shell with a colored tinted plex or lexan insert....:D

11. mottsrods

mottsrods

I agree so f'n much on the being subtle. It's already so outrageous as it is.......don't blow it all up with a wild paint job. You want the paint to be in it's place, and the mods and the way you built it to be in it's own place too!

Keep us up to date on what your doing to it.

Mott

12. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I just cant wait to see it done! To some its done, but to me it's incomplete. That may be what you are experiencing... you look at it and know that the overall picture is there but until its painted and "done" it won't be right to you.

Are you still going to polish up the tubing inside the holes on the frame? That would look awesome.

SOMEONE needs to photoshop DDS in a finished motif. I'd try but my skillz aren't there.

(and as much as I want to see it done... I want to see it RUN!)

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Think by spring she'll be done? Looking forward to the updates!!

14. I would definitely put a shiny but subtle paint job on it. And a decklid to cover the radiator. Otherwise, it looks like some of the (very few) more radical drag cars I've seen in old photos. I dig it!

15. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Are you still going to polish up the tubing inside the holes on the frame? That would look awesome

Yes, I still plan on doing that.............it was the one thing that motivated me to do all that work...........I can and could see it all finished in my head with all the contrasts.....Thanks, Littleman

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I plan on fabbing up a decklid w/ plenty-o-louvers............but at the same time once its done and on...I may not like it and will leave it off....will have to make it to find out...Littleman

17. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

If that was my car I would take it apart every fall and put it back together in my living room and watch football over the top o' the hemi till the Ohio snow melted away. I wouldn't be able to leave it alone. But that is just my weird self ramblin' on...............:D

18. drflex

drflex

I was thinking of putting my 32 body and 392 in the for sale section....untill i seen this post.. coolest car on here...I / we need a video!!

19. There's NOTHING wrong with that car at all man! It's just plain EVIL!! Just dig deep for the motivation and finish her up..

20. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I spent most of the day removing what little of the Coupes cage that had been tacked in while out in California.......I bent a couple of bars that contoured the body even closer, rebent the main hoop at the pillar to contour it vertically even more....when the door is shut you can not see any of the bars from the side profile.....have alot more to do before its a complete cage...I also chopped the two side window garnish mouldings to fit........Its been a long time since I really touched this car.....and it felt good to work on it........lots to do....Littleman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

That car is amazing! Can't wait to see it finished!

22. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

I love that car. You need to put that winter into good use and finish it. I would love to see a video of it going down the strip. Good luck on it. But above all else, finish it!!!

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

It's back... and I love it! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Looking forward to more updates...

Malcolm

24. kustomkat

kustomkat

I can't wait to see the finished product. Very well done so far...

25. I was originally concerned that you would try to make it a dual purpose hot rod-drag car. Having dealt with thousands of customers for 40 years who described their projects as just that, and knowing that virtually all would either wind up as a poor hot rod or a lame drag car.
    Since you have categorically stated that your plans are to use it as only a 1/4 mile Hemi hearted, tire burning, drag race monster, then I see nothing wrong with the proportions. Being a sole porpuse drag car, actually justifies everything you have designed into it.
    Now get it finished so you can start on that Comp Coupe!!!!!

26. skwurl

skwurl

You're my hero Littleman.

27. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

here we go... this looks to be the start of a very cool winter!!!!

Maybe this will spark some motivation and we could see Deaths Door Step -vs- Purple People Eater at the HAMB Drags? That would be one for the ages!

28. skwurl

skwurl

That would be a sweet race. I would have to get to the HAMB drags for that.

29. Plowboy

Plowboy

Davey, I hope you have it done for Detroit this year. I want to come up and sit on your lap.

30. Spike!

Spike!

Yo Dave!
    Great to meet you at the Jalopy Showdown Drags this year! It was the highlight of my weekend. The latest issue of TRK has a shot of your truck and a shout out from me in the text. Hope to see it next year at the drags..

Spike