Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Most Vintage Tin I've Ever Seen!! - Salvage Yard Tour - Tons of Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malcolm, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Well, I can see two panels on a T there that NEVER come up in the classifieds and there hasn't been one on ebay in months....so looks like Jack will be getting my cash.

2. Jimv

Jimv

check out the "bucket" seat in picture 5, its a 55 gal drum sitting on a rim!!lol
    JimV

3. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

4. 283nova

283nova
    from spokane,wa

..................... :eek:

5. rg171352

rg171352
    from New York

Why isn't this located near me???

All I found today were a few wrecks in the woods....

6. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Damn, if it were closer to me I'd be moving in!!!!!

7. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Jumpin' Jehosephat !!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Thanks for the pics. There was there an story in Rod & Custom about Easy Jacks, back in the late 60's or early 70's? The pics in that story helped get me hooked on old cars, when I was a little kid.

8. Way to go Nick! You can't beat a day like that wandering through the mother lode of old tin like that. I'll bet you couldn't wipe the smile off your face on the way home! :D:D

Thank God the iron prices have dropped back to almost nothing so he isn't tempted to crush it all.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  9. DIXON

DIXON

10. truckdog62563

truckdog62563

It's bad when you recognize a place from the pics of it. Easy Jack's is about 10 miles from my brother's place and I've been there countless times over the years. Jack and his son are real proud of their stuff. I've stood there for 45 minutes talking to Jack trying to get a him to even quote me a price, then he decided he didn't want to sell it. Then I go back a year later and it's still sitting right where I left it. But in fairness I've bought pieces for fair prices too. Sometime ask Jack to tell you the Lady Bird Johnson story. Stu

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This makes me almost, almost believe there is a god!

12. :rolleyes:
    not a question in my mind...............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. hell he should just set up tours for JUNKIES like us......and then if something sells so much the better for all involved

14. WILLY STEEL

WILLY STEEL

There is absolutly NOTHING that beats the beauty of rusty sheetmetal! :D

Thanks for sharing!

15. sololobo

sololobo

Wow Nick, you sure know how to give us all a great "Thansgiving" treat. I just kept muttering--Oh! My God!! That is the most amazing collection of tin I have ever seen. Thanks for taking the time to share with us!! You are the Man!!~Sololobo~

16. 3step

3step

Anyone know what these are from?

17. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Great pics, however..now my shirts soaked with drool...and my eyeballs hurt

18. thanks for posting pics. great way to start out a turkey day.

man do i need a yard crawl baddddd

tok

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is a late 1930's NASH fender. NO SORRY have to correct that it is Graham fender. Stopped in at that yard back in the late 1990's just to say I was there. I think he started listing stuff in Hemmings back in the 1960's. Is the stuffed donkey still in the office? :confused:

20. jlouie

jlouie

good lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's a road trip field trip kinda place.

21. truckdog62563

truckdog62563

A nice late fall day; Wentzville to Junction City on I-70; priceless!

22. As soon as I saw that 1st picture I knew right where this was! Totally awesome place. But yes abit pricey. Heres a better pic of all the license plates. Plus a couple more to drool over! I go there every chance possible. Also I am 1 that was keeping this quiet along with the rest!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. So probably around 500 for the Graham fender. 5 hour drive, 500 bucks, one cool fender...just to hang on the wall. I'm thinking about it!

24. if that TIN could only talk!

Great stuff...

25. chickenwire

chickenwire
    from New Jersey

Wow!!! Thanks for taking the time to post these pics... I'm ready for a road trip

26. BobG

BobG

What a great treasure........The worst part about this is someday some Enviromentalist Group will probably come along and force all this great old stuff to be scrapped.

Thanks for posting the pictures

27. truckdog62563

truckdog62563

No sir, that is the Lady Bird Johnson story I mentioned above. Jack went to war with the enviro-nazis back in the 60s and won. I-70 was coming through and the First Lady had a Beautify America push on. They tried to put Jack out of business but he fought hard. He stacked 50 gallon drums all along the border of the yard so that the cars couldn't be seen from the road. That and trees were planted. Those drums are still there, so are the cars, and so is Jack. He's a tough ol' SOB. And yes, I've kept quiet about the place too. Stu

28. I figured since you were posting all the the photos you knew who this was. Unless I am blind I still have not seen the info on this post where this is so I can call them.

29. BobG

BobG

I hope your right but we all know things have changed over the years and the owner of this place isn't going to live forever,
    It used to be we didn't have to do hardly anything if you had the land and a few dollars to build a drag strip or a circle track, you could even open up a salvage yard without a problem.... no one bothered you.

Today these groups look at cars as a mode of transportation and not a hobby or livelyhood, they lobby to get things done and when it's brought before the powers to be, these people look at it as something that we don't need.

I mean look at what some groups are trying to do and have done to Hot Rodding.
    Look at the clunker laws these idiots are trying to put in to place.

Like I said I hope your right...

30. Yes, you are Ronnie Milsap's brother.

Easy Jack and Sons Antique auto Parts Store
    2725 South Milford Lake Rd. Junction City, KS 66441-84461912 to 1985 auto parts[/quote]