Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features HAMB Shoebox Club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped50Ford, Dec 3, 2006.

1. woobalagooba

woobalagooba
    from ohio

chopped50ford new to this site but been around as long as my 50. got a couple of questions, whats this shoebox club? im also looking into chopping my 50 but dont want to much chop, looking for side profile pictures to judge the look. everybody seems to measure chop different need to know straight down measurerment like inchs at side window measured flush with glass, yours looks good can you take the time to do this for me? also anybody else with pictures. appreciate any help. thanks billy

2. doug free

doug free

im in... are you guys using the stock headlight rings to french?

[​IMG]

3. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

i gotta join.Here is mine, its a 50 on bags with my fully dressed flathead..:)

Attached Files:

dwollam likes this.
  4. here's mine some updates !

Attached Files:

dwollam likes this.
  5. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

Looks great! How much is the chop?

6. This car and lrs30's (Ryans) '54 Belair are all I need to keep me behind the wheel about 24 hours a day. Funny how certain cars just capture the mind out of the thousands we take in at the eye-gate. This Beauty is certainly one of those....Thanks for posting!!! Centurion9

7. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

I wanna know were my old one is hiding,, never has shown his face in almost 9 years.. Never did find any leads or recent pics of it at past shows.. keep up the good work guys.. ~S

Attached Files:

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  8. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

Sellers, I think your shoe went to Japan, then it was chopped.
    I remember seeing a shoe that looked just like yours in a mag with Japanese car show coverage.

BTW, always loved your shoebox.

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

rob-redm i think that steering wheel is an awesome touch for the shoebox interior and from what i can see the interior looks great,but that steering wheel is beautiful

10. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Naaah it's not the same car. We thought the same thing. Yeah i did sell it to a guy over there who put a deal together with a buyer,, he just dissapeared when the car arrived.. him and his shop.. makes you wonder still.. ~S

11. woobalagooba

woobalagooba
    from ohio

swede your car is swete! can you tell me how much vertical chop and did it start out as coupe or sedan? almost looks like sedan that you moved the rear window foward. would luv to see side profile picture. thanks Billy Z

12. eye bone

eye bone

Steve I've seen a couple of pics of a car that looks just like it some where down in Texas… If it's a clone they sure did a good job of apeing all the flaws in my pinstriping LOL

But that's all I've got about it… If that helps any.

13. NORCALCUERVO

NORCALCUERVO

[​IMG]

My old 50 ford

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    zefa46 likes this.
  14. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

guess you meaning my car Billy:)
    It started as a sedan moved rearwindow forward, moved the roof up and down untill i was pleased so i dont have the vertical chop but ca 3-3,5inch in front and ca 5-5,5 inch in rear!
    The shoe is getting some more kustom-work this winter....:D
    heres the sidewiew.....
    [​IMG]

Jersey Joe 67 and dwollam like this.
  15. anyone wanna trade a stock 51 hood for a louverd 51??

Check my shoebox pics....

16. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

norcalcuervo,really ,really nice shoebox,the scallops are perfect ,the stance is great nice job

17. NORCALCUERVO

NORCALCUERVO

thanx the scallops were done by Ralph (Swanx C.C)

18. attastude

attastude

can 52' studes play? kinda like a designer shoe box?

19. Showrail

Showrail
    from Sweden

A 49 Tudor, and a ragtop.

Attached Files:

20. ford51

ford51
    from sweden

Are both cars yours?

21. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Wow! Now that is cool. I was just thinking how would I want one chopped, and I believe I have found it. Thanks for the inspiration, now to search for a suitable candidate.

I really thought this was a business coupe.:)

22. Showrail

Showrail
    from Sweden

Yes they are, and I got 2 more.

23. billj

billj

Here is my project in it's infancy. I have a 289 for it and need white walls and paint for starters.

Attached Files:

24. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Here's mine. Groucho's old '51........
    groucho gas.jpg

25. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Very very nice... Any more pics?

26. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

27. Showrail

Showrail
    from Sweden

Another pic of my 49 Tudor mild Custom.

Attached Files:

• 1949.jpg
      1949.jpg
      File size:
      48.3 KB
      Views:
  28. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

Finaly got mine all together and looking like something. I actualy drove it today!!!

Attached Files:

zefa46 likes this.
  29. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Just an Old Shoebox Lover......... I want in.........

Let me give you a little back ground... about 9 years ago I had a 50 Shoebox. Great little car never gave me a problem other than the shitty suspension (Cut Coils and Blocks) but the little 283 just ran so good and never let me down like other cars that I have owned. Like a DUMB ASS my cousin kept hounding me to sell the little shoebox to him and feeling a little bit sorry that he had been diagnosed with a heart condition and had to give up his Harley's I felt sorry for him... Well he drove the car for a season and then decided to trade it for a Rat Rod "T" I guess he just couldnt get use to the roof over his head... Anyway I helped him finish up the "T" and get it on the road and shortly after that he passed away from a massive heart attack..... I regret the day I gave the car up but glad he got to enjoy it for at least 1 season.... The last I know of the car it was somewhere in OHIO.... Just maybe a HAMB member owns the car now.

See Pictures below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THE STORY CONTINUES.............
    Now this is not my first Shoebox.... Actually back in 63 (Senior Year in HS) I was driving a Chopped 51 Vicky... But Im sure that has met its demise long ago....

Over the past 9 years I have missed the 50 and always considered building another one but it seems like the Street Rod guys that got tired of bouncing around in those little Model "T, A and B" have jumped on the band wagon and drove the prices through the roof... Oh I didnt jump out of the hobby... Im still driving my 40 Merc Conv Kustom or My 32 HiBoy... Still the thoughts of another Shoebox has always been there and I knew that the next one would have to be a Chopped Kustom.... So I keep looking....

Years ago a very dear friend of mine described what he called the
    GREEN CAR THEORY.

According to him he explained that the BEST old cars finds are PAINTED GREEN. His logic on this was that most green cars were purchased by VERY Conservative people that tended to keep their cars in very good condition and didn't often buy new cars but would strictly maintain their existing cars and keep them in pristine condition. I have always remembered that statement as I looked at and purchased many old cars over the years. And yes I do have to agree that the best original old car that I have found were always green.

So with that when I seen the ad I proceeded to call the owner and I immediately asked him what color the car was. When he replied green I just new I had to take a look.

Well 2 Days before Christmas 08 an ad had came up on CRAIGSLIST for a 50 Tudor that had been in storage..... I gave the guy a call set up a time to see the car 12/27/08...... I took one look at the 50 and within 5 minutes I purchased the car and made arrangments with the seller to transport the car to my friends home where a vast majority of the work will be done.

Description
    There is only one word for this car UNBELIEVABLE...

These pictures in the link are straight off the trailer..... As you can see by the mud on the front of the car we had one hell of a job getting out from behind the garage...

Before I took the photos I removed the original FORD Rubber floor mats as the jute was damp from sitting on ground.... The odometer reads 54,000 miles which I truthfully believe is correct... Last time the car was on the road was 1959 and has been sitting on jack stands in a garage since then (50 YEARS) The headliner is flawless and not a tear or stain anywhere.. The original seats have the original material with slip over seat covers....I hooked up a battery and every electrical functions, Lights, Directionals, Back up light, heater fan etc.... The original spare tire is actually bolted down and has the original bumper jack... Obviously the tires are dry rotted but have about 90% Tread.... All the hub caps and beauty rings are in place... The glass with the exception of the left rear quarter window is perfect. The quarter window is fogged on the edges... The rear vent windows kick out. The underside of the car looks perfect with the exception of the muffler..... The car sits level and rolled like a dream.... No brakes Obviously no fluid.. The engine is stuck... I put some lube into the cylinders and expect that it will free up..... The oil in the crankcase is cleaner than the oil in my daily driver.

This was a REAL FIND... THIS IS A ONE OWNER CAR.... It belonged to her dad and she told me the her father and she actually undercoated the car when he purchase it new in 1950.... The car was repainted around 56 in Lacquer (same color as original)... Some pitting on the bumpers and chrome.... Oh yes one more thing the gas tank is in tact.. no signs of rusting and I checked the cap... even the inside of the gas neck was clean... The cardboard in the trunk that cover the inside of the rear quarters looks like new obviously not seen light in 50 years.
    All of the interior door panels, and quarters are in nice condition..... No rust on the bottom of the doors.... All the glass wiskers look almost new.... Drivers Side Door garnish molding has surface rust from thinning paint......

The dirt on the deck lid is from this guys dogs standing on the trunk lid with muddy feet.....

This car sat on Cinder Blocks for the past 50 years in a Garage with NO Windows. you might say total darkness for 50 years... Im even surprised that the seat covers are not dry rotted... One more thing.... The car still has the original air in the tires... When the owner lowered it off the blocks all the tires were inflated...

[​IMG]

SLIDE SHOW LINK

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/KING2230/1950%20Ford%20Rich%20King/?albumview=slideshow

This is an active Photo Link.... Updates to the car will be made to this link.

I hope you all enjoy the story and keep watching the link for updates.

WANTED WANTED WANTED - NEED A PAIR OF 51 SHOE BOX TRUNK HINGES

Rich and Rocky.....

Adopt a dog.... Its your only chance to pick a relative.......

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  30. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

[​IMG]

Very Nice! Never seen a Shoebox Gasser

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009