Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 ford window trim fraud

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by irondoctor, Nov 22, 2008.

1. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

I just wanted to tell everyone about how I was taken. I run across a guy on Ebay that was building interior window trim or garnish moldings for 1932 Fords. I called him up and ordered a rear window trim for my 32 3 window. This was the most poorly built sorry excuse POS i have ever seen. It was so bad I felt bad for the guy that made it. Anyway I packed it right back into the box it came in and shipped it back with a polite note saying I was not satisfied with the quality and wanted a refund. And now after several months, several phone calls, and empty promises of a refund I have realized I was just plain ripped off. I don't feel a damn bit sorry for this hose bag now. So I thought it is well past time to tell everyone about him so the same thing does not happen to others.
    Buyer Beware - link below

http://www.imcarcrazy.com/index.html

2. funny thing is the guy has a link on the home page direct to the H.A.M.B. ,,,,,,,,,incoming heads down!!!!!

3. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Do you have a pic of what YOURS looked like? The ones in his pics look decent...

4. 61TBird

61TBird

I like what he has to say about himself;

I guess I've been carcrazy since I was old enough to walk . My Dad was a
    mechanic and I spent alot of time in the shop with him sweeping the floor,
    washing parts and tools and watching and learning everything I could
    about cars. He built and raced stock cars after hours when I was a kid and
    I would sit in the stands and cheer him on at the races

From sweeping up and watching in the shop and stands,
    It looks like his own Father didn't trust him with tools or to work on his car!

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

6. Earlier this year I bought a pair of his 32 Windshield Post tins. Granted they are not a very complicated piece but they were well made. Some grinding required for proper fitment and they look great.

I was thinking of replacing some of my other garnish mouldings too but I guess I will hold off for now. Thanks for the heads up.

7. 31whitey

31whitey

I wanna see a pic of the one YOU are displeased with.

This guy looks like he does some nice work...

I am NOT gonna jump one this dude because YOU say so.

OTHERS TAKE NOTE...

Do you have an original one to compare the two.

8. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

Thers two sides to every story.......And then there is what happened...Lets see your side so we can judge for ourself.Pics if you would as stated earlier.

9. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

"It was so bad" don't describe what you didn't like about it.

10. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

dont know about his work but he is a flake and not to be trusted .when he started this deal i shipped him patterns for the mouldings in return for a set mouldings been a year still waiting and wont return my calls

11. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Unfortunately I did not take a picture. At the time I was mad and I did not think about it. I can describe it though. It was not even close to being symmetrical, the curve in the top corners were different a radius and height. The lower portion was welded on cooked on one side (enough it was twisted).
    worst of all the upper corners were flattened like you would expect a piece of channel iron to do if you bent it over you knee or something. Then were it had flattened it was filled wit a big glob of bondo that had not even dried yet and a thick coat of flat black .

My first thought was to fix it. I figured I could clean the bondo out of it cut it back apart reform it to fit the window and make it symmetrical. but with the corners flattend the top piece was junk.

12. 31whitey

31whitey

Repaired with BONDO!!!!

RELEASE the HOUNDS....

13. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

I'm happy with mine,i bought from him,didnt want to cut my originals.You cant tell the ones i got from him from the originals.i'm happy with em.

14. James427

James427
    BANNED

Does he still have the ones you sent back and had not sent a refund?? If that's the case, there is something wrong with that no matter how they look. When he keeps your $1,000 AND the moldings.

15. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

I would think he is capable of building quality pieces. The parts on his web site and on ebay look good. That is why I ordered from him. He must get lazy and just throw together some junk to ship out. Thats not really what pissed me off. What gets me is the fact when I sent back this part that is Obviously a POS. He does not offer to replace it with one of the quality shown in his advertising or a refund. :mad:

16. James427

James427
    BANNED

So, does he STILL have your parts or did he send them back to you again?

17. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

He has the window trim I returned and has not sent anything back.

18. Squablow

Squablow

Did you talk to him about getting a refund? Or did you just send the stuff back with a note?

Because who's to say he has the money to send to you? I don't know of any businesses who get paid for a product and then sit on the money for a month or however long in case there's a problem with the parts.

Maybe the parts were poor quality and needed to be replaced, but I don't know if just sending them back without a refund agreement was a good idea. (if that is what happened) Now he's got the parts and the money.

19. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

Stop doing that. It's not a good way to do business.

That's like sending a pack of uneaten cookies to Nabisco and asking them to send your money back.

20. MILNR

MILNR

I know him and what he did for me was exactly what I wanted. Good stuff. The windshield trim fit great the 16 ga floor pieces he made with beads rolled in were perfect. We had some dimensional issues as well and he worked with me until it was dead on. Even made a one off custom graffiti coupe rear view mirror bracket from a sketch.

He treated me right and I would use him again.

21. TimDavis

TimDavis

Ahh - a wise man speaks.

I'm afraid in our new Wal-Mart mentality, everyone operates this way. Why not call the guy up and get a replacement for the ONE you didn't like?

22. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

I have talked to him several times. I get the run around. The part I got was of no quality and built with no skill. This guy ripped me off!!!

The way I see it if you offer a product and show pictures of that product. When someone give you money for it, that is what they should recieve.
    If you show your best work and send out some half ass work that would be ripping people off.

Nabisco would send a refund.

23. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Well, this guy ain't Nabisco.

It seems like there are some guys that like him and some guys that don't. I figure I'll steer clear of him.

24. Zombo

Zombo
    1. oHIo

That screwed up if they're keepin your money and parts. Most shops would at least try to work with you if your not happy. If it was a fitment issue you gotta know that not all 32s are the same. What fits on one, may need to be modified to fit another. Hope it works out for you.

25. HOTRODSWE

HOTRODSWE

I have some of his work, I was glad to find some one repoping them and bought Door garnish and one of the side

The work is quite ok but with some issues like:

To heavy grinding with no care of the results, these are not for chrome!
    The top bar dont have the arc that it should have.

Overall it looks like he is in a hurry then working on them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

i got run around the bend also ....kept calling no answered calls, no returned calls finally his wife told me he was having 11 teeth removed at the dentist....what does that tell you? when i got mine they were garbage im a steel guy when i say id rather have glass ones you know they were junk i was took for 400.00, i knew if i sent them back he would have my money and my crappy parts BEWARE!!

27. my alloy:70/30

my alloy:70/30

Henry ford made nice trim parts. Are they that rare? he had a big factory and made them all day.
    I would'nt be happy with those parts in the above pictures. looks like a kid made 'em. A kid with down syndrome. You should'nt have to work that hard to finish them yourself. You should'nt have to BEND them at least.
    I just saw some aluminum repro. garnish mldgs. for the 3 window on EBAY....Who dares to buy a set?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  28. Well, that's how the cookie crumbles. I suppose you paid via a check or something so you can't stop payment or dispute it with a credit card company?

29. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that your garnish molding looks like crap, sir.

30. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

The one I got did not look that good.