Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do you Think This Car Needs to Be Chopped a Few Inches?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James427, Nov 19, 2008.

1. chopped, IFS, 350/350, 9inch, flat black with red wheels. Obvious isn't it?

just kidding, intresting car either stock or photochoped, but i vote, (Yeah i know it aint going to be rodded) no chop

2. Labold

Labold

Leave it alone!

3. What a beauty. Needs to be restored or left alone. If you rod it it will only look like this Renault rendition.

Attached Files:

4. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

dont do it, its a work of art...

5. No chop, needs a hemi

[​IMG]

6. 1967gmc

1967gmc

this would work just fine with me

7. alright, let's build it! we have the body, I'm sure someone has an early hemi laying around . . .

8. oj

oj

It looks like something from a Laurel & Hardy set. Its' a keeper.

9. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

It depends on what you plan to do to it.

10. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Don't chop it and buy a top hat

11. Labold

Labold

After seeing AJMOPAR's rendition, I may have changed my mind as far as leaving it alone... That little bastard looks cool!

12. doctorZ

doctorZ

THAT THING IS MASSIVE!!! i wouldn't cut it up at all.
    -drZ

13. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

a stanley steamer chassis? what kind of driveline does it have, is it steam, gas or electric?... or kerosene?
    that thing is awesome. gotta love the small unusual brands from the 00s, to the 20's. its unbelievable how many auto, and motorcycle manufacturers there were in this country at the time.

14. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

15. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

You asked for it.. I never thought I'd like the look of a top-hat'd car..

Attached Files:

16. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

You know what they say...."anybody can restore a car but it takes a man to cut one up" My first thought was Dont do it. restore it.........That was until what I saw what ajmopar did to it. Thats pretty damn cool. Make it like that photoshop job and it'll be in every mag in the world.

17. James427

James427
    BANNED

LOL, ajmopar, that thing is AWSOME!!!! Can you give us the same rendition but with the top chopped?

So you guys can start to see what I'm talking about going with something truely radical to end up with a cool rod like THAT? All I'm saying is that I'm expanding my rod-bod search to brands other than Ford.

18. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

don't do it ......its to cool

19. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

Only a fool would mess with that one.

20. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Don't rod it.

If you do, don't chop it.

Best solution: pull a fiberglass mold off the cab, sell the car to a restorer, and do whatever you want with a fiberglass replica.

21. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  22. Hell yeah, i dig the last pic! Chop it like crazy, keep the fenders, slam it and run a Y-block Ford with a 4-speed stick!
    It looks hideous stock.....

23. James427

James427
    BANNED

Thanks!! That is just so wicked!!!

24. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

I dunno WTF is wrong with people on this forum anymore.

"Don't Touch It!"
    "Restore It!"
    "It's too nice to butcher!"

Seems like every post I see anymore when folks ask about chopping something, between two and twenty of these folks pile on decrying the choice as butchery, assuming the guy is gonna crap it up and destroy the car. They often say something along the lines of "Go find a [Insert Make & Model that the Poster Doesn't Like Here] and ruin that, leave these beautiful cars to those of us who can appreciate them for what they are!", as though their chosen car must be protected from the "Great Unwashed Masses" and saved for only those that think like they do.

Where are all these closet restorationists coming from? Is this not the same elitist bullshit that hotrodders have been accusing "Gold Chainers" and "Restoration Nazis" of for years? Did those folks somehow infiltrate our ranks, or what?

I guess I just don't understand how people can call themselves hotrodders and then call a well executed chop "butchery", or suggest that ANY car would be better off left stock or restored. If you find yourself leaning toward the stock and the restored, perhaps hotrodding is not the past time for you.

I think the car in this photoshopped pic here looks bad ass, and WAY better than the stock one.

If it's so damned significant in a historical sense, I'm sure there'll be forty-eleven restorers beating down the guy's door to pay a shitload of money for it and "save" it future generations.

25. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Cool Hand has a very good point. But....... its the only one in the world. Even us Hot Rodders should have enough sense to pass this one by for the good of preserving automotive history. Deuces and A's are plentyfull. This one however is not.
    Hey but if you cut it up Ill still love it!

26. tlaferriere

tlaferriere

You guys are great! I loved the photos with the chop top and lowering it. I think I might have to hire that guy for some graphic work on my site.

I am the owner of this car. It is a fully functional Stanley Steamer with a 1916 Woods Dual Power body. It was found, stored and auctioned (1977) by Barney Pollard, the famous Detroit collector who saved some of the most desirable cars today, hanging some from the steel rafters in his warehouse when space was a problem. I am proud to own it.

Woods Dual power was an electric/gasoline car from 1916. The chassis is 1920 Stanley Steamer. Watch the .wmv file on the link above.

I have to say no chop on this one.

27. hscott

hscott

Don't chop it!!! If it that rare, sell get bucks and get what evr you want

28. James427

James427
    BANNED

Hi Mr. Laferriere. I'm the OP. Hope you don't mind us having a little fun with your car. :) I worked for a Herb Brown near Detroit that knew Mr. Pollard very well and worked on his cars at the resto shop I worked at. I got to see some of his cars before the auction. Herb helped get some of them sorted out a little. So I have a special attachment to the Pollard cars.

Oh, and if that was you in the pic with the trailer, I'm sure the guys meant no harm with the "dwarf" remarks. They just don't know how big a Woods really is. :)

29. tlaferriere

tlaferriere

Have all the fun you want...I love it! That is not me in the picture, below is me. The car is huge!

[​IMG]