Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1941 Nash hotrod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

well, i got paid, and am able to buy the odds and ends that i need to get this thing done. Got a whole bunch of stuff, and just have to finish up and plumb the brakes. Motor is done ( but i have a cam i could put in ) and i will be firing it for the first time hopefully today or tomorrow. Its coming togethor quickly, and the end is in sight. Whoo hoo!

2. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Damn, You do quick work!!

Lookin good. Hows the buick comin along?

3. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

A little photoshop work.

[​IMG]

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

That photo shop is a good example of a finished product.
    Your work impresses me. Hell I didn't even have the fab skills let alone the knowledge in a build like this at 17. You're doing great. I like everything.

5. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

That is pure kickass! I kinda dig the dropped look. Im gonna stick with the jacked up look for now, but mabey later in my years when i have more money to rebuild it to a higher standard it'll be a dropped custom.

Damn i wanna drive it now!

6. striper

striper

Soon as I saw those rear quarters and that roof line I saw a taildragger. That looks fantastic. A little chop and you have a GREAT car. Good work young fella.

7. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Well, I re-engineered my brake pedals to gain more mechanical advantage, and that fixed my clutch problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the motor RUNS!!!! WHOO HOO!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Are you sure that mount will be stout enough?:D

9. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

surprizingly enough, it is. If it breaks, ill just hafta fix it again.

10. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Just pulling your leg,brother.:D

11. woodscavenger

woodscavenger
    from idaho

I think the pedal will give way before the mounting bracket does! Strong work! Keep moving along.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

cool..dont see many of those.
    wish i had the ability and time to do what your doing at 17.
    keep the vision going

13. One thing about yer Pop. He may not be into your project as much as you think he should but he sure has a ton of shit for you to work with. You've got a kick ass garage, all kinds of tools, welders, back hoes and a ton of shit that most kids don't have. I'd have loved to have had all that crap when I was showin' my kid how to work on cars. We had to do everything in a carport. I taught him everything I knew then, which was all "old school" and now he's forgot more than I ever knew about all of this hot rod stuff. That's the way it should be. You've got a hell of a ride there and you've put a ton into it and you know more now and do better work than most. And the emergency brake works? .. Amazing .. And I assume you go to school and you mentioned "payday" so you work too ??

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  14. Great rod and you built it! You are the future of rodding and a good asset to the HAMB, Hank

15. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

They are a little super-industrial, arnt they?

16. WTG Marty. I've been following this build from the beginning as you know.

17. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Ahh, i remember back when i first got this car, and i was thinking, what the hell am im getting into. Between my half assed ideas, and re-doing shit 8 times, its sure a far cry from where it first was.

18. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Nice work !
    The current XF/VINTAGE FUEL ALTERED Bonneville record holder (129.66 MPH) is an identical car, running 284'' flattie. Engine builder used a home made flow bench & ground the roller cam & kit on a 70 year old lathe to do the setup & research. They named it the "Grim Reefer" ...

19. Did you ever post what it looked like when you first got it, here?

20. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Yea, in fact the entire picture history is on the first page of this thread.

Lookin back, all i can say is that i never imagined id see the day that my motor ran.

21. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

So i went out today, and noticed somthing that i dont like. The water in the radiator is brown with oil. I checked the oil lever, and its at the same lever ( i.e. no water ), and it doenst spit water out of the tail pipes or smoke. So what the hell is going on?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  22. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Im thinkin that it may have been some of the oil dropping into the water passages when i yanked the heads.

23. RAG66

RAG66
    from WASHINGTON

Man that is a cool car I would like to see it in person I'm north of Seattle PM me if your cool with that. On the oil in the water thing I would say you probly got it there during the build if you didn't hot tank the block. If not you may have other concerns with block passages rusted through or broken.

24. DOH! So you did and much better documentation then over at the other place. Kudos.

25. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

So after much deliberation, i finally found the rout to go with my headers. I was thinkin of this...

[​IMG]

Then went to this...

[​IMG]

Add one of these...

[​IMG]

Come up with this...

[​IMG]

And Tada!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And for X-mas, i got a Performer hydraulic cam. I then went out and bought a comp cams double roller timing set, hardened push rods, and everything that goes along. I also dropped the Quadra jet for now in favor of an older Carter (not edelbrock) AFB.

The motor is stock. Im waiting until i get it running better.

[​IMG]

I was also digging through my barn, and i found what i though got scrapped, the original front bumper. I like the look

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. phukinartie

phukinartie

Very nice work !!

27. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

28. caddy346

caddy346

Hi good to c some one else doin what i used to do when i was that age!And dont worrie about your old man,im 10 years from where u r now and built heaps of cool cars (altho hard to find in oz) And my old man is still tellin me the same thing they just dont get it!Im realy interested in your buick,i built a dragster 2 years ago with a str8 but only the baby 248ci and now i badly want to build a hot 320ci 4 it but there impossible 2 find here!Its just sucks that we are so far away!Me and a mate were over there a year and a half ago he bought a 50' pontiac fast back in TN and we cruised it route 66 back to CA I bought a 59' elcamino in tx on the way it was a cool trip i would do it again tomorrow if i had the cash!And pick up your roadmaster,It would be a mad donar for my Ha/Ga.Any way keep up the good work your doin gr8 and just tell your old man what i tell mine WHAT EVER!

29. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Its coming along nicely,But I would get that gas can up off the ground with all that fire coming out of that exhaust.That is an explosion just waiting to happen.:eek::eek:

30. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

yea, im still working on the tuning. Im thinkin thats gotta be a carb issue.