Register now to get rid of these ads!

Putting sbc in 55 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slicks, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Slicks

Slicks
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from denison tx

Need info on putting sbc in 55 ford
    slicks

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Not rocket science, been done a thousand times probably. Might want to narrow down that request a little. Just a suggestion.

3. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

4. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Don't know about your Y block 55, but a 302 HO BOLTED into my '59 T'Bird, even used the Mustang radiator, AS IS, no mods whatsoever. Complete SS exhaust system too, had to had 2' behind the crossover and short SS baloney slice pipes to get out under the bumper. Why not go all Ford?

5. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

It's like some people feel the SBC is the ONLY option they have... save a few pennies on the engine just to spend a fortune converting everything else over.

"Nothin' looks better than an orange overspray SBC in Autozone chrome baby!"

6. dragass

dragass

Just did a FE swap in my 55 Ford Fairlane. Doesn't get much simpler than that. Lots of those motors still around to.

7. str8axleford

str8axleford

I have to go with keep with blue oval. There are so many performance parts for the sbf, and they might cost a little more, but I will tell you, buck for buck, the ford engines we built were stronger and cooler than just a sbc.

I got a 302 out of a stang with a e303 cam in it, and I gave it to my friend who had a stang and he did the ecz heads up and that thing ran 1180s in the 1/4 with a 355 gear. Not too shabby for a junkyard engine!

Plus most of all the stang 302s have a forged bottom end and 10 to 1 compression out of the box. So I say what sbc??? keep it blue.

8. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Queue the SBC club. LOL...

9. put a ford in a ford!

10. Please don't fuck up a good ford by fitting a lesser product

11. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Is that not the truth!!!!

I'm getting a 58 Chevy, next week, and if anyone want to trade a Ford motor for a 350..... let me know. :D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  12. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Here we go again...

13. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

If you are dumb enough to want to put a sbc in a 55 ford, you are probably too stupid to do it.

14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

It IS his car..isnt it?

funny tho to go to the drag strip and see so many chevy powered fords kicking ass

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  15. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Correct me if Im wrong but wasn't their plenty of small block Chev powered Fords way back when? I believe Hurst offered mounts at one time for this swap.
    Its your thing man. Do what'cha wanna do.

16. 73RR

73RR

Gotta agree with folks, as I recall from the old days, an FE with 4-spd makes a killer package. No, not cheaper than the shiverlay, but certainly more appeal and the torque is endless.

17. smarg

smarg

the only reason to put a chevy in a ford is if your building it for a daily driver

18. If it's HIS car and HE needs to do what he wants to do then why is HE posting on here how HE should do it? If HE wants to put a "bellybutton" motor in it then HE should just do it and not start this shit on here knowin' damned well it'd gonna start a bunch of crap.