Register now to get rid of these ads!

Part2: Some guy's daughter looking for her daddy's old 1940 ford coupe...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dianalee, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Could this be it??? Saw it in a gallery from a Oregon.car show.

Attached Files:

Surfmerc likes this.
  2. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Possibly but prolly not. All her pics show frenched headlights and it was a 40. Your pic looks like a '39 grille to me. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though. :eek:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

The maroon one is a '39, look at the windshield frame and wipers, besides the grill.

4. williebill

williebill

The maroon one is the Bonneville Bomber...look in Hot Rod and other little mags about 53,54,or 55.....Doug Rice I think built that 39,and it's my all time favorite car...Rod action did a big spread on it years ago after it was restored...Not the same car....both of them are damn cool,though...

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yup, maroon car has it's own history.

6. 53chieftian

53chieftian

she has to have seen the car by now! I hope! Hopefuly she reads these new ones and fills us in!

7. Cool, Thanks for the info. I was viewing a car show gallery and came upon it and it made me think of this thread so i decided to post it.. i figured i give it a shot even though i realized the grill was different and no frenched headlights, but ya never know what a kind of changes can be made to a car in all the years it's been not seen by passed owners..

8. Built2Ride

Built2Ride

Wow, just saw this post for the first time. pretty cool.

9. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

Nope, we know who owns the car and where it's located, but can't contact the owner to my knowledge.

10. oneyed

oneyed
    BANNED

Jumped on the band wagon after the second week. I hate to say it but, if the hollywood knights car is her dada's good luck getting it back. I have a set of headlights I would never sell, little alone a whole car. I'm glad we helped her out that kind of stuff are why we are here but, I really want the american graffiti coupe too. I think it belonged to my great once removed uncle from tailand. Please put your time and effort to a guy who needs it.

11. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Shut up fool. This story is older than you......

12. oneyed

oneyed
    BANNED

I doubt it. Fool.

13. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Please allow me to elaborate, This story goes way back and there are alot of guys who helped Diana and who really care about her story. And then you come along with your guns blazin and your mouth runnin, talkin smack like a 16 year old kid. You haven't been here on the hamb long enough to be a jerk off. Oh wait maybe thats what your here for. You need to mellow out and enjoy the ride for awhile and you'll make alot more friends that way here on the hamb.....

14. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

Bttt, Diana, oh Diana where have you gone and what has become of Dad's 40? Been gone awhile thought I'd see if any new info was available. Rod

15. Nik

Nik

I was watching Hollywood Knights today since I played hookie from work and wanted to find out some more info about the 40 and BAM, I come across this thread and part 1. Has anyone got any updates? This was a kick ass story. I'd like to know if her dad ever got to see the car again.

Nik

16. Harms Way

Harms Way

I'm with you to,...... first time I ever seen this post,.... what a cliff hanger !,...... anybody know what happened ?

17. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

18. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

The last I heard was from the owner of Rich's auto body in Merced was the guy who owns it either wasn't interested in meeting with her or he didn't know how to get ahold of him. It was about 2 yrs ago so my memory is a little fuzzy. CHeck the thread I believe I wrote about it. I haven't heard about her or the car since. She was moving from I think Washington ST. to California, but I don't remember where. Oh Diana where have you gone we all want to find your dad's car!

19. easyrid3r

easyrid3r
    from Tacoma, WA

This thread reminds me of when I searched out and found my old high school truck. Once I found it I remembered why I sold it and bought something else. I hope she updates us all soon as this is a fantastic story.

20. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

Any new news? Anybody?

21. fiveofeen

fiveofeen

such an amazing thread!

22. socal57chevy

socal57chevy

Wow, that was anti-climactic. I was expecting pics of her buying the car back and dad crying. Bummer.

23. Yet another thread back from the dead. You guys do know this thread is three years old, dont you?

24. James66g

James66g

Wow I cant ebelive membership is only $50 bucks I agree with that one dude forthis kind of entertainment i would chip in I have a bunch of 66 galaxie parts but Id bet i am the only one that wants em! (nothing really good trust me) Would have been cool to see some pix as it sits now and I also agree with that other differant dude this would have been an awesome show ala speed or discovery talk about a filler for when the writers strike was on! They coulda just paid a narrator!

25. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was driving my 32 roadster in a scene from Hollywood Knights, can't say as I remember seeing that 40 coupe, but I do have a copy of the film, Ill check it out for you & let you know---OK?--------Don

26. you may want to get a list from your dad of all the car guys he hung out with and ask them, if you want to ask in modesto try the modesto bee news paper, or call the A and W drive in on a friday night. I used to cruse with the Pharoas and there are a lot of other clubs that hang out there every friday night.

27. 98Racer

98Racer

I hate to bring this back up, but the "Hollywood Knights" coupe was at the Goodguys in Pleasanton this past weekend for sale. It has had some "work" done to the rear fenders, along with a few other mods but could be saved. I didn't talk to the owner but have his contact info if anyone is interested. I have sent Diana a e-mail at the address listed on her website.

Bruce

28. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Diana, sent you an email, with a story about the coupe and my childhood. My father worked with Tommy, and I was around the car in the 80s. Louie Miranda

29. PurplePearl50

PurplePearl50
    from Sedalia,Mo