Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage P & P Bound - Broke Downs South of Dallas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geemann51, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

Oh, we have a few pics. Will go thru and see if there are any good enough to post. We will try to keep the butt crack pics to a minimal. :)

Joyce

2. Crease

Crease

Ahhhhh man that sucks! Mine had just done the same thing just before I bought it. Sorry to hear about it, but glad your okay. Especially glad I didn't have to see D.W or Luxs crack!

3. geemann51

geemann51

Your absolutely correct Joyce; she was the real hero. Look for some serious competition at the next "Blindfolded Death Race" now that we have some experience....

4. geemann51

geemann51

Yeah I'm still mortified. They left out the part about the XXX Chile Omelets and beer they consumed before hitting the road....

5. Crease

Crease

Geez, there's not enough counseling in the world to get you over that! :)

6. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

That's a real bummer. I hope everything gets worked out. Sorry TX hasn't been treating you so great.

7. geemann51

geemann51

Well, it really has nothing to do with Texas considering this transplanted Californian was the recipient of some good ol' fashioned, down home, unconditional Texas hospitality. I still can't thank "y'all" enough.....

There were several apprapo comments this weekend; "well, that's hot rodding" comes to mind, as well as one of Mr. Blue's notable comment; "I hate old cars". True, true, true....

8. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hey geemann, I wished i could have stayed around long enough to help present our Torques award to ya... I'm not sure i could have kept such a good attitude...I'm sure it helped to have such a great support group. Hope you can make it down for the Texas Thaw in February. Congrats again and what a killer ass ride... hood or no hood

9. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

That is an absolutely beautiful coupe! I took a ton of photo's of the car for inspiration.....the air cleaner...was exactly what I was going to go with on mine....and if it hadn't been for you not having your hood on....I would have been still undecided....

Awesome car...

10. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I loved seeing your car Saturday but when I walked around and saw your hood on the ground I felt sick to my stomach I knew right away what happened .But at least you over came your problems and made it to the show .Kick ass car even with the hood problems .

11. No problem Bro, wish I'd seen your post a little earlier, Next time your up this way, I'll buy the first round. :D
    Take er easy
    Grits

12. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure I would have been crying if I were you G...

Them Yay-hoos are a bunch of, well, Yay-hoos. :D

13. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

14. geemann51

geemann51

Who said I didn't, It's a 5 hour drive....

15. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I meant all weekend...

16. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Damn hot rods!

Attached Files:

17. BLAKE

BLAKE

I 'bout shat myself when I saw that beautiful, sparkly wall-o-red candy ahead of me on 35-northbound at 65 mph. Coulda been much worse... good friends, cold beer, and a positive outlook served us well.

Greg, Shawna,and Georgia rule.

[​IMG]

18. Ouch! good paint tho.......expected to see more cracking!

19. geemann51

geemann51

Well, BS aside, it was a heck of good time. Always nice to roll and hangout with Blake and Joyce, Buzzard and Angie, DW and Laura, Nick and Maggie, Cliff and and Catherine, and Lux and Debra. This was real ying and a yang; low mixed with highs.

Good seeing Mark Ford, Graham, Laura and ALL of the Austin folks roll in and hanging out with y'all for a little libation in the parking lot is always the best time. Got to chat a bit with the Dirty's, Hank Cash, Crash, Curious Rash and 54 Bomb to name just a few (and I know I'm leaving some of you out and I'm sorry, I'm just a bit tired and a little scattered brained), met some HAMB folk I had never met before Big Dad, Smokin 28, BBOBB, LOBUCCRUD, Big Ken and the Torques, Paul and Doug from Tulsa, Corey, Clem, Randy, Rachel and rest of the Arkansas contingent, had a nice chance meeting with a couple of crazy kids from Milwakee that just happened to be passing through on a trip to pick up a 67 C10 front clip somewhere in DFW stumbled upon this setting in the parking lot. Anyway, most of these shots are of the drive up and back with a few from the show thrown in for good measure....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  20. geemann51

geemann51

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  21. Big Dad

Big Dad

Nice to meet you as well, sorry about the car .. But it really could of been much worse ..

Glad you made return trip with less excitement ..

22. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

I really enjoyed talking with you guys yesterday. Even after experiencing the problems you had, it was cool seeing you all having a good time together. I appreciate your taking time to talk to me. DW, I hope you are feeling better and had a safe trip home. G, your car is super, just keep driving.

Regards to you all,

J.

23. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

That sucks about the hood, must be a 49-51 ford fault. same thing happened to mike shea, but the roof was heavily damaged, on his . So we had to rechop it and replace the whole roof. looks like it was a good show.

24. geemann51

geemann51

My theory is the chrome bullets on the wiper arm shafts prevented it from hurting the roof. Unfortunately, there's about a dime size damage to either fender and one on the cowel.

25. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

We where wondering what happened to your hood luckily you are ok. One of the sexiest cars at the show

26. Sorry about the hood, it's a bitchin' car.

27. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Man sorry to hear about the hood but the good thing is no one was hurt epsecially any motorists that might have been on the road with you.I must say your shoe is one nice looking ride.Cool pics and thanks for sharing your adventure.Sounded like you guys still had a great time which is what it is all about.Good times good friends and good stories to talk about.

28. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

Sorry to hear about the hood, and the tangles with the trunk.

Glad to know there's so many great people around who'll come help, though.

When you come up with a more secure solution for the hood, let us know - I'll definately be watching for it.

29. Laura

Laura

I know I'm a little late on the post, but just wanted to say how much respect I have for you Greg, and your rad wife and daughter. You guys taught me a new way to handle disappointment. What a cool family.

I guess if that had to happen, you were with the right crew, because it's hard to be down very long when you're surrounded by a pack of Yay-Hoos!

30. Dang Greg, sorry to hear it.

The hood on my '51 is chained down because of this same problem (before I got the car)... I'm leaving the chain right where it is.