Register now to get rid of these ads!

Snow!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PoPo, Nov 7, 2008.

1. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

74 degree day here in VA. windows down in the car with shorts on. Kinda wierd for November.

2. We were very lucky on Long Island last year, hoping the same for this year. So far, so good.

3. PoPo

PoPo

well the cold rolled in. had some snow flakes but nothing crazy. the cement just got slick thats it.

I like the snow, keeps all the thugs inside and crime drops for a little bit.. Not as many reports.. lol

Just more accident, but if anyone from the south wants to see something crazy, it'll snow 12" and traffic doesn't slow down at all. Cars still doing 65 down the highway. I have heard you Southerners and CA's shut down the city if you get an inch!! lol

I wish i had the warm but nahh The cold makes you appreciate the summer!!

Oh and we don't have inspections for vehicles, and the cost of living is way lower than most of the country!

My big worry is I can't figure out why my snow blower won't run. Anyone local wanna help me with a 2 cycle motor!! PLEASE.

4. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Tman Didn't intend it as a poke. The mention of being pissed was them wishing they were here in SOCAL .

5. Oh yeah, didnt take it wrong at all. Just letting the secret slip that we can get slammed like this one day and soon be in the 60s and 70s!

6. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I know weird chit up in the hills.
    I talk with tech's up near Grant Pass. They tell me during the spring they have trantula crossing days. Then during the winter they must use a D9 Cat to remove the snow enough so they can dig down to the VORTAC.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the closest I have ever been to snow is seeing it on the side of the hiway on my way to Reno.

8. chevy69

chevy69

heres a few pics of the HOT ROD INSTITUTE school took me a while to get up there but i did

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

We got a few inches of snow over the past few days. Being Manitoba I expect it to stay till spring.
    I think the Farmer's Almanac will be wrong, though. I just bought an expensive snow blower so we probably won't be getting any more snow this winter. :p

10. 2-TONED

2-TONED

my 34 was white when i got up this morn. & then it snowed all day but didnt really stick just sh!tty & COLD out.

a good ol dump of snow & a cold snap usually runs a lot of the riff raff low lifes right outta town. ......... well its supposed to anyway thats why we live here & put up with this craaaaap!

wont be long & the salt shackers will be spreading the roads -- ive already seen hunks of body panels & body mounts that fell off vehicles around on the roads more than normal lately! :eek::)

11. For those that do not know, those pics are out in the open on the North Side of Rapid City. A couple of my truck drivers had 13 foot drifts a little farther north of that location.

12. yeah its getting cold here too...Im wearing normal jeans instead of shorts on the harley today,it dropped to 70 and about 45 after the sun dropped.........hope ya all get stuff done in the shop since its cold out.....

13. Don't worry Al, you'll be getting snow! ;)

I go snowmobiling about 25 miles southeast of you a couple times a year....there's ALWAYS snow. I'll have to ride into town sometime this winter and we can meet up for a beer at the truck stop! :D

Jeff

14. this is why fritz shoulda planned a move to arizona instead of Kanasas imho

15. Thanks guys always makes my day when I see these posts .We had a little up on the mountain last week.

16. we usually just get shitloads of rain! i'm close to mount rainier if i want snow.

17. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Hehehehe! Sounds like a plan, Jeff!

18. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Moved from Santa Maria, Ca. to Ohio in Nov. 2003 this picture of my old '60 F100 was taken Dec. 2003.
    A real shocker for a California Boy!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

19. Rusty Kustoms

Rusty Kustoms

I woke up this morning to some white but it was all gone by noon, we had a lot of rain yesterday and the snow/rain we got today sure made a mess of my 1/4 mile long gravel driveway. I tried to drive down one of the field roads and made it about 25 feet, like driving on ice, 4wd didn't help at all. I don't think we will be combining corn for a while.

20. timmy t

timmy t

Big drifts outside but the garage is nice and warm.Time to get ready for the 09 cruzin season

21. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Yip ee I going to Rapid City to pick up a 16" casita travel trailer and bring back tuesday. The news said they got 45" of snow today.
    I'm pulling it with a 2wd drive GMC Sonoma.
    The travel trailer will be pulled behing my 54F100 - my gearhead retirement home

jim h

22. timmy t

timmy t

dont think you will have any probs the interstate is being plowed as we speak. Went to rapid city this afternoon and its looking good.

23. Yeah rapid was fine. roads a little rough until they got the packed snow up but our snows melt fast anyway. I could have driven the 54 to work today.

24. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

No snow here but colder temperatures are here.

25. 6inarow

6inarow

I was headed to Caputa to go deer and coyote hunting and stop by Jobjens shop. Looks like it was rough going from Mitchell to Rapid.

26. Have not seen pics from East but it was more wind than snow. Doesnt take much snow with 75 mph winds to make a BIG drift!