Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs * cadillac cruisers *

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruiser, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser

Here's an update on my '49 Cadillac Sedanette these pix's as of August 'o8. More to come later. Just back from far east, didn't have these shots on my lap top...............

CRUISER :cool:

Attached Files:

2. my ugly stepsister to the denver cadillac club.
    [​IMG]

3. how about this one? a 69 that has been in storage since about 1985 and only has 83k miles on it. It's been in the family since 1970, but my son needs to sell it. Bud

Attached Files:

• 096.jpg
      096.jpg
      File size:
      119 KB
      Views:
    • 097.jpg
      097.jpg
      File size:
      109.9 KB
      Views:
    • 098.jpg
      098.jpg
      File size:
      110.9 KB
      Views:
    • 099.jpg
      099.jpg
      File size:
      113.1 KB
      Views:
    • 100.jpg
      100.jpg
      File size:
      120.1 KB
      Views:
    • 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      100.9 KB
      Views:
  4. aceuh

aceuh

I spotted this one the other day.....It seems to be calling out for help!!

[​IMG]

The owner said that he's had it for 30 years. Priced it to me for 3K, claimed it ran before the starter was pulled. The wife would be none to pleased if I drug something else home......:rolleyes:

5. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

6. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

All really cool rides!

Phatcaddy-love that 40!

Here are a couple of pics of my newest ride a '38 cadillac/lasalle coupe. Have aluminum heads ans a 2x2 on the way for it. The stainless hood tips are off of a sayers scovill hearse.

Attached Files:

7. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

8. bob3757

bob3757
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tigard, Or

Here's a couple pictures of my "57 Cad coupe, taken at Goodguys, Pleasanton, August 2007. Bob

Attached Files:

9. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

My '64 restored 1997-2000 :

Attached Files:

• 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      53.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      68.7 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      57.6 KB
      Views:
    • 26.jpg
      26.jpg
      File size:
      67.7 KB
      Views:
    • 36.jpg
      36.jpg
      File size:
      65.1 KB
      Views:
  10. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

[​IMG]

For you Cadillac history Buffs. This is an ultra rare car if it is what I think it is.

I saw one of them under a car port in a small town about a hundred miles from where I live.

I knocked on the guy's door and asked him if I could take a look at his '60 Fleetwood under the carport.

He said "that's not a 60 Cadillac, it's actually a 59"

He told me that the car had been shipped over by a friend of his that was an airforce officer stationed in Italy back in the 60's.

I guess that he could see the disbelief on my face, so he walks over to the car and begins to point out all the styling differences on the car.

I still stop by everytime I pass through to see if he is ready to sell it, but he says that "someday" he will "fix it up"

Here is some more information on the specifics if anyone's interested:

The Italian coach builder was commissioned by Cadillac to build one hundred Brougham bodies a year; Farina had to accommodate them in addition to other regular work his shop was doing for Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat and Lancia. The 1959 production totaled only 99 units while those of 1960 numbered 101. An unconfirmed rumor has it that one of the 1959 chassis was dropped in the harbor at Detroit, during loading operations for Italy, which may explain why Farina had to build one extra unit for 1960.
    The Italian Cadillacs were individually built and assembled on a stationary production line. Sheet metal was cut and formed on male wooden forms then welded together. Seams were filled with lead. Owing to an 11<SUP>th</SUP> hour styling modification, involving the grille blade spacing, car #1 of the 1959 production made its first public appearance at the 1959 Chicago Auto Show, some four months after the first stock 1959 Cadillac models.
    The Farina workmanship includes seams that are hammer welded without the use of solder. Potential rust spots are filled with sealer. Chrome trim is made from brass castings. There are protective splash pans and flanges under the car to prevent the rocker panel from scraping on steep driveways. The hood, trunk and doors all fit perfectly and tolerances along the panel edges do not vary a fraction of an inch. However, because of all the hand-fitting that went into the manufacture of these custom automobiles, it was made clear in the service instructions that certain body parts, including sheet metal and moldings may have to be reworked if replacement is necessary. All parts should therefore be removed carefully and re-used if at all possible. Any new part must be matched against the removed part to make certain that it is identical in shape and size before installation is attempted (!)
    That was not the only difficulty. Owing to the stylish but very narrow hood, and the fact that it was hinged at the front and not at the windshield, some simple service and maintenance jobs required the prior removal of the complete front bumper and grille assemblies (e.g. to remove and install the air suspension accumulator tank, which was a five-minute job on a standard ’59 Cadillac)! Similarly, to remove a tail-light reflector and socket requires prior removal of the entire rear bumper!

11. kustoms2

kustoms2

Here is a 48 my dad did a while back. It recently went through RM auction and brought big bucks. If anyone knows were this car went I would appreciate it if you would let me know I would be interested in contacting the new owner to get some good pics this is the only one I have of it.

[​IMG]

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Ya know, I looked at that car and said to myself: "Self, those fins down there on the bottom of that Caddy did not come from the factory on a '59...altho it's got a '59 grille and a '60 bumper...and they didn't come on a '60 either...and that top certainly don't look like the '59 4-door hardtop I got sitting in my back yard....

Now I know why...TY CAddy-O...

R-

13. Rikster

Rikster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

For those who might not know,the purple 60 Pininfarina,belongs to none other than Terry Cook of Lead East fame.He had it there last year.The car is absolutely FLAWLESS!

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

AND that explains WHY it's purple...

Thanx,

R-

16. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I got my '65 Coupe Deville early last month. Getting the interior done, windows in it w/all new weatherstrips and seals. New exhaust is done. It'll be black with purple flake on the roof (my 4 yr old daughter wants it purple). I'll post newer pics later.

17. HoldFast

HoldFast

If that car is as solid as it looks $3000 is a steal. Coming to california anytime soon? haaa.

18. aceuh

aceuh

I saw BIG holes in the floorboards. I didn't inspect the car very closely but it didn't seem to be rotten on the outer panels. The owner claimed that that the car had been kept in the dry for most of its existence. I've got a bud that claims he's going to try to work a deal on it.

Who knows??:rolleyes:

19. canigo

canigo

I have the '48 now, and taking quite good care of it. I'd like to hear more about it, I have some of the original pictures from the chop etc. But the story through RM was a bit vague. Everybody tells me different stories about who did what. Crawford added a little pinstriping under the hood, but it still looks just the same. Awesome build! Great job! Tell me more!

-chris

20. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

And Terry sold his soul to the devil when he ruined the '37 Lincoln Zephyer "SCRAPE" and made fiberglass molds for the car.

Brian

21. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Very Cool Caddy Bob. I saw you at GG a couple years ago" Best Fins are Fifty".

Brian

22. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

PM me pictures when you get some more progress.

Brian

23. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

I was waiting for you guys to post some of your big ol caddy. I love that car. Very clean with tasteful touches

24. Cruiser,
    That car looks just marvelous in black, Cads just should be black, shiney,low and cool. Take care Bro'. Rags

25. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Phatcaddy,

I'LL DO THAT.

BUDDY

26. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

heres my 60 coupe deville my dailly driver for the last three years exept when i took the studebakder to viva and on to socal.... all stock caddy drivetrain slammed all white leather tuck in roll Von Dust metal Flake roof god i love caddys
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

27. Cruiser

Cruiser

:D To all the cool Caddy cruisers out there on the HAMB thanks for posting all the cool photos. This thread has turned out to be a very interesting, so keep them coming.......VERY COOL MY FRIENDS........

28. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

29. Cruiser

Cruiser

:D Roger,

Went over all the photos of the '55 Caddy Build and think it's looking very nice. Will go back and read the text as soon as get the time. The yellow color with a white or pearl white top would look very cool on the the '55. I'll be looking forward to seeing the '55 Caddy when it's finished. Very cool Roger, thanks for pointing it out to me.

30. Tonight I decided I love Caddy's. The quality and finish is awesome........ and now that the roof is down I can see what the he// I'm doing:rolleyes:

Attached Files: