Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hudson Joe's awesome WWII influenced Roadster !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crossroads, Oct 31, 2008.

1. crossroads

crossroads

I've had the opportunity to meet this younger individual who is extremely talented ! He's a Big Rig Diesel mechanic during the day and quite the metal fabricator at night. His influence on WWII aircraft shows with the great sense of detail on his newly built roadster. In a time when so many younger adults are throwing together black primered,red wheeled, SBC powered weekend warrior machines - hoping to get their pictures in OSR, this kid took the time to build something neat, and spent some time and creativity. I understand he's working his way to becoming a member of So.Cal's Shifters and thats very good for him. Shows if you look real good,talk to the right people,find the right parts,and have some talents you can build something unique! Just wanted to acknowledge someone who's got the right idea. Keep up the good work. The photo's below are all i have but its something to enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. Pete

Pete

That truly is one bitchin hot rod! Nice job dude!

Pete-

3. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

nice! shold have no problem getting it that old rag...

4. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

I notice his gauges are aircraft.....Airspeed, Tach, oil pressure and temp, and ignition switch, and aircraft seat. Now that's cool stuff.

HellRaiser

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Love that little car.

6. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Very cool. I love the wheel wells. Plan to do something similar on my coupe.

7. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Very cool (what no machine guns & grenade launchers ) Thankfully , looks great.

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Pretty bitchin.

9. Now that's different but still has the Traditional look and styling to it.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Boy, is that refreshing and coming from a young guy the future of this hobby IS in good hands. Is it possible to get more information and some construction photos? The front treatment reminds me of the Neikamp roadster. We need more on this one.

Frank

11. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

The car is even more impressive in person. Sweet ride.

12. i think he GETS IT!

13. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Hudson Joe is a good Dude!! And that is one killer roadster!!
    Jimmy White

14. Awesome car! love the nose and nerf bar. Is that a Lincoln flathead?

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I am proud to call Hudson Joe a friend and his car indeed shows that one can still build a neat car with limited funds !

This guy lives in a teens California bungalow home that is completely furnished in Art Deco,a 1934 Juke Box,antique aircraft memorabilia, and black & white framed pictures of his grandfather that flew a P51 in World War 2. He also took avionics after high school so this is where all the inspiration came in his build.

He's a very humble guy who's doesn't like to brag but I'll try and get him on here and tell us all about his ride. Way to go Joe.........."There's the door"

Axle

16. OLLIN

OLLIN

His guages are freekin bad ass, all wwII stuff. his grandad was a pilot during the war. He had the oil pressure one re-calibrated, and they all really work. the seat is a real aircraft one too. he really kept with the aircraft inspired theme and it shows in all the little details. you have to see it close to fully appreciate it. its a bad ass little car. The guys found some racing history on the body to at least the late 50's if im not mistaken. It has a cool old roadrunner painted on the deck lid and it was a similar light metallic blue at some point long ago. thats why he painted the rest that same color. That flathead is sweet too. I think hes getting his custom radiator this week, and it should be up and running. Awesome guy too, that Im proud to call my friend.

17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I had the chance to meet Joe at the GNRS this last January. What a nice young man, got a good look at his hudson and that is a real nice car also.

The hobby is in good hands.

B:)B

18. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

Wow that is very nice of you guys.Im touched.I have been so busy with other things and haven't really had any time to get on the HAMB.Well I am almost done with the car and I do have some construction pics to post.And some other completion pics.I would like to thank all my friends who helped me with the gathering of parts.Axle for the commercial banjo and favors,a good eyeball when we were designing the exhaust system.Marky Idzardi for his genious ideas.Ollin for always being a friend.Jimmy White and family,if it wasn't for them i wouldn't have a house and a garage to build my car in.Kevan Sledge for getting me alot of the parts I needed to start the Niekamp inspired machine.and if i forgot anybody you guys all know who you are and i am very thankfull to have you as friends.and yes the niekamp roadster is my favorite roadster of all time.hot rods to hell..................H.J.

19. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

20. I love it, I said to the wife "If the pictures were in black & white I'd have sworn that they were taken in the early days". Very Inspiring and fresh amongst the cartoony caricitures that we see on an almost daily basis. I'd love to see build pics and any other information

cheers

Bob

21. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Heres a photo of the engine, Lincoln flathead with duel carb Edmunds intake!

Attached Files:

22. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Lets get this back to the top for Hudson Joe!
    Jimmy White

23. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hudson Joe showed up to our Halloween party last night dressed up as GEORGE BARRIS !

It was a fricken crack up and everyone in the joint couldn't stop laughing !

he even brought pictures of the Bat Mobile that he was autographing and passing them out.

ahhhhh, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....my jaws still hurt !

I'll post them on here so we can all get a chuckle ,then we'll get back to his neat ride.

24. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Looks better in these photos than on the cell phone. I can't wait to see it in person. I have had the privilege to talk with Joe and he has that attention to detail that is required to build a bitchen car. Great guy to boot. Wish we had more in this hobby that are as humble as he is. Hope to see you at the Portland Swap meet this year Joe.
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emporium

25. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Ladies and gentlemen, i present ....... George barris !

Attached Files:

26. He even has his hand on that girls leg! :lol:

27. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

That car RULES and so dose Hudson Joe!!!

The Barris Costume is fantastic!!

28. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

I forgot my password again and now Im back on the board.I had a blast last night at the halloween party.Axle couldn't stop laughing.And it was hard to keep a straight face when in character.I have always wanted to be george barris for halloween and I finally did it.Good times.

29. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

Here is a pic of the original pinstripped roadrunner.

Attached Files:

30. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

More pics of build

Attached Files: