Register now to get rid of these ads!

the circus is in town

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirt, Oct 4, 2008.

1. dirt

dirt

this is my new project. its a 31 sedan that was cut into a pickup(kinda rough). i got the cab, frame, grill and bed from my buddy. so that is where the project has sat until today. burny hooked me up with a 39 front end, rear end and a set of rims and tires. so after i got home i set the frame on the new suspension. IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING NOW, A CLOWN CAR!!! it turns out the frame is REALLY short. i am trading some stuff i have here to another buddy for another frame, merc flatty, 3 speed and some extra heads and intakes. i cant wait until i get the full sized frame so i can start fabricating and get this thing on the road. i'll keep posting as i build it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  2. Well...the right guy ownes it! LOL.......
    Hope to see it soon,dirt!

3. DROPnDRIVE

DROPnDRIVE
    from New Jersey

its cool man, just hook the trans right to the rear, who needs those pesky driveshafts anyway?! hahaha

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Hey, what's wrong with clown cars??

5. dirt

dirt

i think i'd have to move the engine forward even to do that!!!:D

6. dirt

dirt

you got that right!!, i'll see you tuesday night.

7. you better get some wheelie bars for that thing.

8. Burny

Burny

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

the shriners would dig it for a parade car lol , will be cool with a longer frame

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it will be hard to drive with giant clown shoes...

11. dirt

dirt

i measured the wheelbase today and its a whopping 70". hopefully my buddy will come thru with the other frame soon so i'll have some more progress pics.

12. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

That frame is probably modified for a "Doodle Bug". Farmers would take the bodies and fenders off a modle A chassis and shorten up the frames so that they could use them in their orchards or feilds.

You could start a new trend with this one. Instead of chopping it, chaneling it and streching the frame to make it low as posible, Leave the short frame and make the thing as tall as you can.

Good to see that your making progress on it. We should see it at breakfast soon right?

13. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Holy Crap! That's about the length of my motorcycle! What a weird looking little car. What the hell. Why be normal, right? Paint polka-dots on it and buy a big rubber nose that honks. You'll be a hit! :D

14. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

I'm curious to see how this turns out. I've got a 31 Chevy that was cut down to a pick up I need to start on.

15. dirt

dirt

i dont know if it was a doodle bug because it has a suicide perch on the front of it. could be though. im sure we all have seen stranger things over the years.

16. spooler41

spooler41

Just run a V twin in it. That would solve the space problem. Clown cars can be cool.
    The point is to have fun.

Jack

17. 55Bomber

55Bomber

Start building IT.

18. 6tall

6tall

Kinda looks like an Austin Bantam .

19. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

You need to have a Traditional Bozo outfit say from the 50's......yuk yuk

20. My Dad and I built a farm buggy for me built from a 48 prefect with a shortened chassis, no rear suspension and the diff connected to the gearbox directly, no drive shaft at all and about 3 inches of the torque tube so as nothing would get caught.

21. dirt

dirt

well, i have an update. i got the frame from my buddy yesterday. i'm going got go pick up the merc flatty and 3 speed saturday after the anti-donut breakfast. then when i get home im going to mock up everything on the full lenth frame. i'll take some pictures this weekend and post them.

22. I already built you a chassis.

23. dirt

dirt

now thats a sweet ride.:D

24. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

Oh lord that thing looks like a blast to drive!

25. It's junk from previous builds that I assembled to check out a dry lake in south eastern oregon, and yes it is a blast.

26. dirt

dirt

i got the new frame under the truck today. im going have to switch the rear end around so the spring is in front of the rear end. once i do that the rear tires will be where they need to be. once i get everything mocked up then its tear down time. then i'll box the frame, fill all the unneeded holes, replace front frame horn. here are the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. dirt

dirt

does anyone in socal have a KR Wilson rear hub puller or one of the repo one i can borrow? the drivers rear wheel is locked up and i need to get it off.

28. 55Bomber

55Bomber

Looking good dude,brah,coolO just drop inn that 4 banger I got in it and you'll be about let's see... hmm 75% maybe? :D

[​IMG]

29. dirt

dirt

yep it will defiantly get me closer. i think im going to put the truck back together this weekend so ill be ready for the motor. thanks again for hooking me up bro.

30. 55Bomber

55Bomber

Sup bro, you drop inn that 4 banger yet? almost there CooL while i'm still stuck on how the HELL i'm gonna build mine up might go this route?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008