Register now to get rid of these ads!

ness 54 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod54chevy, May 13, 2004.

1. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Is that right? An upside down 50 Plym window on the Ness car? Doesn't look like it to me, but I could totally be wrong. The rear window area on these cars are often awkward when chopped, his car looks great. What is the grillshell made of? Really compliments the car a lot.

Only on the HAMB could looking at a kustom become a bunch of ladies fighting.

2. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

this thread was going the right direction for a lil while

3. the grillshell was handmade on the ness 54

4. and so was the taillight surround..it's not a molded-in stock surround

5. atomickustom

atomickustom

Since this thread already wandered a bit off-topic I'll add this little story about Cole's chopped '54:
    I had just finished the chop on my '53 Chevy and my wife and I went to California for a vacation and I managed to go to Paso Robles (maybe 5 or 6 years ago). Until then I had never actually seen a chopped '49-54 Chevy in person, and only knew it was even possible because of old photos of the Moonglow. Then I got there and there must have been a dozen or two or them. Most of the chops didn't look as good as mine (to me anyway), except for this dark blue hardtop sitting in front of some restaurant. That was Cole's car.

Anyway, of all the cars there Cole's was the one that hit me in the gut. I went back at least 8 times over the course of a couple hours hoping to run into the owner.
    Here's how naive I really was: I just assumed that it was home-built. I thought all kustoms were built in 2-car garages like mine! I would have absolutely sh*t if I'd met him and started asking all my questions and then realized he was an actual honest-to-God professional.
    A year or two later I started seeing photos of the car all over the place and I felt like a total hick. I thought I was trying to meet a schmo like me, and only later realized I was actually stalking a celebrity.
    I wish I had run into him, though, because I would have probably learned that you have to notch the frame to get the ass that low. It never even occurred to me while building mine, and now I must bear the shame of not being able to scrape my rear bumper.

6. Profile pics of this car are elusive...I checked all of my pics, both the new Salinas Boys book (which rules BTW), and the section in Hot Rod Kings...all of which to no avail. I also don't recall even seeing pics of the car from any angle other than what we've seen from Cole's shop and the Garage shoot.

Attached is a shot of a HAMBer owned '54 that from what I've read, was also cut by Cole.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Janne...we already know from your renderings that you have a great eye for customs.

Bryan

Attached Files:

7. HAhaha you dork I was serious, that'd be cool to hang with him. And uh I'll hit up some puberty as soon as you cram a hefty amount of tampons up your over-emotional message board vag. Awesome '54 though.

8. cole

cole

rear window is not upside down. layed down.

9. i'm more excited about this thread than the Jungle Pam thread :D

10. James66g

James66g

These cars are the shit CF is solely responsible for putting these chevys in my consciousness I never really liked em till I saw his and the ness car.... seriously! As for payin for work theres stuff some of us just cant do and some times its cheaper to pay someone that rocks to do something then to buy the tools it takes just to attempt the job! Mad respect to those that do but without guys like Ness (who is a master craftsman have you seen his bikes!?) and others who can afford to pay guys like CF to create think of the cool stuff we would be missing out on if they didnt! And hey Cole hope to hear back on the grill spacer for my galaxie I saw a pic of the now Edelbrock owned 66 galaxie nascar and it has exactly what i was trying to draw for you.

11. I wonder if he still hangs with Monk from "Another State of Mind", that fucker would help him work on his shit.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  12. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

haha, maybe he still drives the tourbus?

oh yeah, badass '54. I dig it in any color.

13. T-Roy

T-Roy

Ness is a rock-star and my hero. I can't play a guitar either, though my daughter has tried to teach me...

14. James66g

James66g

Kind of off topic but i would love to see someone commission Cole to do a wagon version! man That would be awesome!

15. The Nomad was pretty Rad.

16. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

who is Mike Ness? Was he in the Monkees?

17. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Mike Ness and Cole Foster F*$#%! ROCK!

Nuff said!

I've met Mike and he is a down to earth guy.If you don't like his cars/music why even post on this thread!?!

18. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

HAHA...I watched that again a few days ago.I always get a kick out of Dennis changing his age:D

19. Mike would you just pipe in already :cool:

20. Hell yes, Maurice was also the shit.

21. That's what I was saying, just because you don't how to work on cars, don't mean you can't own and love them.

22. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

23. DJR13

DJR13
    from Venice, Ca

Wow, perfect time for Cole to join the discussion. A complete embarrassment. Grounds for dismissal, I think.:eek:

24. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Thanx a bunch, works great with the roofline.

25. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

awesome car... that chop just perfect... with the perfect stance to set it off..

26. James66g

James66g

<--------dork
    HAHAHAHAHAH!! MIKE NESS!? Man I saw the name Ness and thought you guys meant Arlen Ness ! The motorcycle guy. Either way CFs cars = awesome if I could afford a full build I would commission one today! And i still say a 53-54 wagon would look awesome done in this vibe.

27. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

always loved both of those cars, incredible work Cole.

28. Janne

Janne

Here is finally picture of the car I'm chopping.
    Attention!!!!!
    I need trim under the windows and all garnish mouldings to inside!

Attached Files:

29. wow! thats bitchin Janne!

30. Right from the horses mouth you guys can't say anything now. Also because of guys like Mike Ness guys like Cole have a job, and these guys are keeping what we all love alive and still moving forward.