Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stainless steel 36 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kurts49plym, Oct 29, 2008.

1. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I don't know if this post will come out right, but a friend saw this on display and below is his email to me.......

This is the 1936 Ford Coupe built for and owned by Allegheny Ludlum Steel.? It was attending an open house and then was featured in a local parade with over 100 of our salaried, hourly and retired employees walking alongside. This is 1 of only 4 in existence and is the only one currently in running & in roadworthy condition. The car is in exceptional condition, with the interior and even the frame looking great. All 4 cars each had over 200,000 miles on them before they removed them from service. These cars were built for Allegheny as promotional and marketing projects. The top salesmen each year were given the honor of being able to drive them for one year. The v-8 engine (max 85 hp) ran like a sewing machine

[​IMG]

2. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

3. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

That's funny, I just got that email from my dad today. It must be going around...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

3rd or 4th time this has been brought up... whoops...

5. a had absolutely no idea that a stainless `36 existed

6. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Yeah it's pretty neat. Helluva lot nicer that that Delorean piece.

Some sick part of me wants to ding the fender though... it's just too perfect...

7. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

For all you guys that like finding fault on "repeat" posts-Just blow past it and get over it. Get a life:confused:

8. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

The "whoops" part was for me adding pics to a topic that's been brought up several times.

I could've called you a dumbass and told you to go use the search button like others around here but i'm not going to do that to ya... not my style... I just said "whoops" and it was about myself not you.

Take care.

9. rustrustler

rustrustler

Seems to me theres a 58 t-bird in stainless too, Mike.

10. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Yep, and a '67 Lincoln convertible. The cars are cool, but i'd REALLY like to see the dies they used to roll out that slab side. :)

11. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

yes, theres a lincoln, a 36, and a tbird. sure, "just ignore those guys" yeah. truth is it's just really annoying seeing the same stuff a hundred times, and it wastes space/bandwidth here on the hamb. that's all. nobody's got an attitude.

Anyhow, i posted a few other shots in the other posts of the lincoln and tbird in one of these posts if you care to check those out too. think it's the last link here. they are neat to see. there's all three here in cleveland :

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299172

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298519

12. The stainless T-birds were 1960 hardtops with sunroofs in the summer of 1960. Two were built with red leather interiors. While the exterior skin was stainless steel (as were the bumpers and trim), the inner body structure was carbon steel. Copper spacers were used to prevent dielectric reaction between dissimilar metals. At least one of them was restored in the '80s by a long-time Squarebird enthusiast and Vintage T-bird Club of America VP for A-L due to wear of the interior and overall drivetrain. Interesting to note that the dies used to stamp the body parts were ruined to make the stainless panels, hence the scarcity of replacement NOS sheet metal back in the '60s. They apparently stamped enough panels to finish out production of '60 T-birds before they placed the stainless in the presses.