Register now to get rid of these ads!

North Carolina H.A.M.B.ers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilone0528, Aug 6, 2006.

1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Not the same... close, but not quite...

I'm from the mountains of PA originally, been here for 25 years though.

Mmmmm... now I'm hungry...

2. How 'bout fried Neese's liver pudding -n- eggs over easy! I grew up 15 minutes from Neese's! Nuttin' better!

I'm down for a meet. Zman, who cooked the pig at your open house?

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

One......well one tubby one.:D:D:D You slimy Italian!

4. ncranger05

ncranger05

I'm in Morganton, NC

5. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Been 146 years since the beginning of the war and the yankees are still comin' . I prefer Frank Corriher livermush out of china grove. Good luck with the gaskets ,I know bloody knuckles will get him up and running.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ah that's where your wrong. Jeremy James can chop a top where JeffreyJames can change his oil.....sometimes. I figure that gasket situation out hopefully.

Jeremy used to work for Mackal, he is about a foot shorter then me and way more talented. I (JeffreyJames) was there at Mackal's the other day getting an intake blasted. Mistaken identity.

7. benc609

benc609

i wanna get in on this too. i into'd myself on the HAMB intro thread about another jersey xplant to NC. i'm in Raleigh. would love to get in on the festivities.

8. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Yea, I figured that out . thats why I edited the post . Sorry about that. Good luck I hope to be over there tomorrow.

9. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

And I think I put it under the wrong thread anyway , should have been on the i am defeated thread. Been one of those duh-huh days.

10. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Zman, how far away are you from I-40?

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Jerry at Ol' Time Barbeque did it....

maybe 1/2 a mile... I can see it if I walk out to the road...

12. I'm up for a meet as well! I think a place closer to SC would be great since we have some people close to the SC/NC border. Hopefully I can get something else besides my 68 Lincoln to drive to wherever this is going to be. Either that or I can push my 46 Chrysler there. :D

13. JSPEED

JSPEED

SMF, take 24/27 towards Albemarle...

MotoAndy, I know Arden and Hollis very well...Haven't seen Arden in a while, sometimes she'll stop by my place for gas

What does everybody think about a meet in Charlotte? South 21 drive-in is off I-485 in Matthews? The Penquin? Or Somewhere in the Concord Mills area?

I'll be at GG, if it ain't pouring...

14. I think the South 21 Drive In would be a good idea. Right off I-485 and Independence (74), nice parking lot, good food, etc.

15. Man I wish I was there...maybe next year if the house here sells...South 21 has some good food

16. Yeah but where your at in California has REAL food. Such as REAL Mexican food, real Chinese, etc. Here they are fake. :D South 21 is good though.

17. Oh and best of all... The west coast has In-N-Out!!!! Best place on earth... I was in Vegas and California not too long ago and as soon as I got off the plane, I grabbed a limo and told him to take me to In-N-Out first and THEN to the Flamingo. :D He looked at me like I was crazy haha. I had it probably 6 times when I was there and ate enough for 5 people. Did I mention I only weight 115 pounds soaking wet too? :p

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

fuck In-N-Out we have Char Grill. :eek::D

and we do have real Mexican, you just have to know where to look....

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  19. One of my best friends owns a chain of fast food Mexican...I will be bringing the recipes with me...next year I will feed you guys some carne asada...In-n-Out is cool but Hodads in Ocean Beach is where you go for a real burger...

20. Carne nasada is great. I can make some killer Tamales as well. :D I haven't had Char Grill I dont think. I have been hitting up the new Cook Out here lately. It's not the best or anything but cheap as hell. Big burger, corn dog, big drink, fries for only $4.68. Can't beat it. This is a new Cook Out off 74 which I called around to the other local ones near Huntersville, etc and they said there is no such thing as one off 74. I drove 40 minutes away anyways because I knew there was one there. Next thing you know, there was the new Cook Out off 74 on the left going through Monroe. :D

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

you need to quit with the big chains and find the small local chains and mom and pops...:rolleyes:

22. I do go to a few hole in the wall mom and pop places that are good, even some mexican restraunts. I came from growing up in a mexican home (moms side) and we had home made stuff every night. :D

23. I like Duckworth's in Mooresville and The Penguin kicks ass

24. Tell'em Z! Gotta love a Char-Grill!

(Sorry, I took a little liberty with the quote!)

25. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Hey, I'm in Corncob, ah Concord.

26. Wildfire

Wildfire

We're moving to the Greensboro area in a couple of months. Somebody on here has to be there.

27. Where in Concord exactly?

28. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I'm near Central Cabarrus. You might see me in a black 63 Chevy truck or my triumph chop.

29. I might have, just do not remember off the top of my head. How far are you from 485 and 74?

30. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

15 or 20 minutes. I don't get by that way too often though. I would for a meet.