Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ardun heads at "yard sale"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigO, Jul 7, 2007.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, but you'd still cry........

2. eightbanger

eightbanger

unbelievable score!....thats the shit that dreams are made of!...congrats

3. Drive Em

Drive Em

You would be suprised what I still find at yard sales in El Paso. Did you go to the yard sale at Oxford and Pershing a few months ago? It was advertised in the paper. A guy had been collecting and hoarding car parts his whole life, there was parts stuffed all the way up to the rafters in some places. I bought a pair of very workable '26-'27 T coupe doors for $20.00, an NOS in the box '60 Lincoln speedometer for $5.00., a pair of Guide 682C headlights for $10.00, a box of 15 Hurst and other brands of 4 speed shifters for $10.00, and five '37 Ford wide 5 wheels for $20.00. I Ebay'ed the shifters and made almost a grand. On Sunday, I bought a very rare pair of chrome 1970 Boss 302 valve covers at the Clint swap meet for $2.00, they ought to bring at least a couple of hundred on the 'Bay. Keep your eyes peeled, because I find cool stuff all the time.

4. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I found a MINT Fulton visor in the garbage a couple weeks ago.....got $300 for it on Ebay.....

5. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

He waited longer than 2 months & offered 'em to HAMBers first, so you can't ban him...:D

Looks like #2:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302710

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

That totally rocks man..
    and some of my friends laugh at me for taking my wife to garage sales..I have found some real cool stuff.
    remember 90% of garage sales are run by women wanting to rid their houses of clutter..
    great scores are out there..right time right place..
    been thru many and have found nothing..but the ones that i have found suff in have made up for the duds.
    But nothing like this have ever come my way..that was an awsome score.
    I continue to go to Garage sales and estate sales..who knows maybe some day i will find a 32 in a box for 100 bucks:eek:

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I can vouch for VRF going to garage sales. He's called me for a 60s Buick, a 460 Lincoln, a pool filter, and some other stuff. Always a good deal. Never what I need. I'll keep taking his calls though, he'll find SOMETHING eventually!

And $8000, that is one hell of a profit! I'd still find the parts and put them on my car if I had one but they'd go a long way towards funding the WHOLE car without them.

8. 31whitey

31whitey

hahaha....I had no idea those ARDUNS that were for sale in the classifieds

were the same one I made the smart ass comment about back when they were found.

Really cool you offered them up here first at a reasonable price.

Thanks man.

billg51 likes this.
  9. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Lucky,lucky,lucky,etc.......

10. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

that DOES fucking rule that hes offering them here, and i personally think the price is LOW... he could egay em for way more..

that being said, we should close this thread because people that suck get all pissy when someone makes money.. even if that person is tryin to help us out first.. i HATE when people get mad about that.. so stupid!

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I'm convinced I'm gonna find a panhead engine for $100 one of these days.

Good score, very congrats to you.

12. skwurl

skwurl

Man that is too cool. I thought 5 bucks I paid for Holley 94s was a killer deal. Congrats man.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Money isn't bad really... They would fetch more on eBay... But, I shutter at the thought of preparing those heads for use - valves, springs, etc... It's gonna take some bucks.

14. Halfton65

Halfton65

And our next HAMB auction item is....

15. It would seem at the price he has them listed for you would still be ahead of $15,000 for the new ones. But, if they have to go to Ardun for the prep, maybe not.

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think if you know your shit, you could come in under a set of repops... If you need help, you'd be better off doing the repros...

17. metalman

metalman

Nice score. I never have luck at yard sales but always do "estate" sales, especially in older neiborhoods. Best I've done was bought a large pile of misc parts from the 30's for 20 bucks, as I was loading them up the son came out with a large, heavy box and gave it to me. He said since I liked old cars I might have a use for it, he'd throw it in. Inside was a complete set of Hollinders from 1928 to 1965.

18. Abomination

Abomination

:eek::eek::eek:

~Jason

19. 27 ARDUN

27 ARDUN
    from BRAZIL

Nice to see taht. I have a nice history of ardun engine found in brazil. Not only one, there were two. One of them i still own and are almost done to put on my ´27 roadster. I hope people enjoy the history!
    Check for some pics on my album!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  20. wow, cool hearing that these things still happen. ill never drive past a garage sale again without stopping!

21. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

Lucky.....Glad you found em!!

22. That's like going into a dive biker bar and leaving with Angelina Jolie. Score.

23. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

holy freakin heart attack ardun parts for $300 , i wouldnt have been able to get my wallet out quick enough , score of the year

24. Wow awesome congrats on the find and the flip. Had you not bought them a scrapper would have melted them down.

25. h0twired

h0twired
    from Winnipeg

Late?

He was probably pretty mad when he got back. ;)

26. jms

jms
    from Chicago IL

Hehe. At least he didn't write into his will that they be bolted to his coffin. Now that would be taking it with you!

27. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

In New Zealand? I was around cars there in NZ probably before you were born and found lots of interesting and rare cars in the 1960's . And not one of the owners were going to let anything go cheap . Every man jack of them knew what they had and I've found a Jordan,a prewar Sunbeam, A couple of Genny Hudson racers,countless Indian motorbikes,a few BSA's ,and as for Fords and so on the list was endless. No cheap stuff in NZ garage sales. :D:D:D

28. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

ah, this story puts me in a good mood. great find.....

that said, I betcha the dead husband has already turned over in the grave, dug himself out and up and is headed your way. As payback, he'll be looking for your BRAINS!!!....

-scott noteboom

29. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

oh my god. Thats awsome.

30. 303racer

303racer

cool post from 2007