Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Throttle Pedal Accembly Ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by haroldd1963, Aug 9, 2008.

1. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

I am looking for a replacement throttle pedal assembly for our 1931 Roadster. It currently has a black rectangular pedal that is mounted to the floor on the bottom of the pedal. The pedal pushes on a rod and linkage set up to the carbs. I would like to convert it to a cable type. The brake and clutch pedals have round pads on them. I ordered a throttle pedal assembly for Speedway Motors that is chromed and has round pedal surface with a rubber insert. The pedal is way too small and the chrome looks out of place next to the painted pedals with rubber pads on them.

Can anyone suggest a supplier for a stand alone throttle pedal assembly that is not chrome or billett aluminum?

2. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

3. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Anyone??

One More Time...BTT

4. Vergil

Vergil

Picture of mine before the carpeting and upholstery.

[​IMG]

5. Could you do something as simple as this?

[​IMG]
    By cruzpch, shot with DSC-W50 at 2006-08-13

6. David Chandler

David Chandler

I grabbed one out of a 70ish F150. It has a nylon? or other hard plastic bearing where it goes through the firewall and is the rod type, not a cable set up.

7. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

I ended up going with a Lokar Eliminator pedal in black anodized aluminum. Worked out perfect. But, boy was it expensive!

I'll post some pictrures of the install when I have time.

8. Rathbone

Rathbone

I have a cable and I want to change it to rod acutation. Funny world.

9. Yup! After using a cable on the last car I will prob never do it again unless it is an OEM setup.

10. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Bit too late I guess, but for anybody else who is looking, it is pretty easy to knock something together to suit your purposes. This was made out of some scrap 3/8" round bar, and a couple of bits of stainless flat bar, cost about $3, but you can make it to whatever size suits your need.

The throttle cable can be made using a bicycle brake cable. Cheap as chips, with no end of different nipples and adjusters in place to utilise as you like.

I'll eventually radius and polish the Wilwood brake pedal to sort of match the throttle, or paint the throttle to suit the Wilwood, but I'm not too fussed whether they are identical, kissin' cousins, or any of that trailer queen shit. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  11. And PLEASE, NOBODY should buy that crappy Speedway pedal with the rubber "insert". I bought one years ago before I knew better, POS.