Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shakey Puddin gets a new look.. Magnesium wheels and tinted plexi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ShakeyPuddin55, Oct 17, 2008.

1. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

I was thinking that same thing.

2. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Fantastic car! Liked the axle install article. Saw you on SpeedChannel, great run! But, I have to echo 4tl8ford--are those rear slicks safe??:confused:

3. I'm disappionted! I was expecting red steelies and white-walls! LOL....
    Just when you think it CAN'T get any better...you re-invent the wheels,HA HA HA!!!!

Just screams "BADASS MOTHER FUCKER!!"

4. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Really nice, great period correct look. Thanks for the pictures.

Jon

5. Lookin' good, Jim

Are you going to make it out to our Nostalgia Drags?

6. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

That car is bad-ass!! One of my favorite cars, Looks killer and hauls ass!! What more can a man ask for.
    Jimmy White

7. Clutched

Clutched

Tough mcgruff!

8. I love that car!! Hands down my favorite tri five chevy! and it gets better all the time

9. Jim,

It looks good, but when are we going to see some pics of that Willy's you've been working on? :D

That is you that's been posting blue Willy's parts on craigslist, isn't it??

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  10. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Looks good from here dude!

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I understand the need for change but prefer the previous look, did not seem like so much dark color (wheel and black flat).

12. I'll I can say is, every time I see your car it gets better and better. The best lookin' tri-5 gasser around.

Love the new wheels!

13. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Look for a full spread in issue #2 of Blacktop Graffiti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's in the proof stage so it won't be long now! Jim hasn't even seen it yet! This is page 3 and 4 of the layout so you'll just have to wait to see pages 1 and 2.

Oh yeah, greatest '55 ever.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  14. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

OH BABY!!!!!!!!!:cool:

15. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Thanks for all the nice words!

Hilborn stack injection. The system was flowed and setup for alcohol by Gene Adams.

Yeah, but I was holding out for a nice pair of 16x13 rears. They are hard to find.

I honestly dont think the car will ever get the paint job it probably deserves. The fact is, when I bought the car several years ago, I couldn't afford anything really nice to cut up. This car has a pretty rough body. I slowly dumped a lot of money into the drive line and chassis. I'm afraid to see what's under all the primer and bondo.... it's a can of worms I'm afraid to open. Most folks agree, that the primer works with the attitude of the car.

I'm gonna try to make this event, but the HAMB drags is too far.

Yeah, just a reflection.

I'll try and snap an interior shot this weekend.

It's blue plexi. I left the front winshield and rear glass factory untinted.

I just decided to add some white paint inside the letters. Maybe M&H will sponser me...:D

I actually have the headlights and buckets in the garage. I even have the wiring intact to hook them up. I did the blanks because I like the look. Being recessed like that make it look a bit more evil IMO.

Just so all know: these are NEW slicks. M&H has been making them for a few years now.

It did wad the tire up pretty good on the launch and I think I need to add some more air. These were set at 9.0 psi. I probably need to run closer to 10 psi.
    Most wrinkle wall slicks have the side wall wear out before the tread. Launches like this are hard on tires.

The Halibrand mags are significantly lighter than the alumium slots although I didn't weigh them.

That's the plan. You got any races for me? :D

I just need more time and money. It will be done sometime before I die.

16. You're an inspiration. The car is tits!

17. slammed

slammed

Industrial Hardcore! Mabe blue plexi in the headlamp's instead of alum.? The rest is so nasty/cool. I'm hooked on your new look.

18. Shakey ... Just Perfect! ... I wouldn't change a thing ...

Here's a quick snapshot I took Saturday AM in the Staging Lanes:
    [​IMG]

19. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

That car is perfect!
    Love the stack injection.

20. jangleguy

jangleguy

Jim - How's the 60' with the new M&Hs? Love the wheels, but agree that they could use a semi-polish to lighten things up - I miss that (with the slots). Otherwise: Bullseye!

21. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

22. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

dont see nothin wrong with the windsheild ,but it gave good reason to go back and take my third peek:) lookin good

23. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I watched you run at CHRR last weekend. When you came rolling through the staging lines i told my son "That's what a '55 should look like". When you did the pre-stage burn out i knew it was gonna get interesting. All i could do was grin like a Cheshire Cat when i saw your time.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  24. Big Tony

Big Tony

The puddin f-ing rules...no matter how its dressed.... And i'll go my first and second born, plus my ol dog and hell maybe even the ol' lady hehehehehe

25. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

F@CK the 2 LANE BLACKTOP ONE....

Just BADAZZ CUZO!!

26. That's me trying to open the door to get in for a ride... but the tech guy's weren't havin' any of it!

It was nice to meet you Jim... your car is even more bad ass in person!

Sam

27. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Off almost a tenth. I have to try more air in the slicks and maybe I'll get back to where I was.

Great meeting you Sam, and thanks a bunch for helping me out in the lanes!!

28. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

I think it looks fantastic. I'm a little concerned about the slicks though. The pic of the launch doesn't look good at all, and I'm afraid that with this much weight that more air isn't going to fix it. I'm also afraid of what would happen if the car got a little sideways. I know pics distort things, but I'm also afraid that this car is fast enough that these slicks could expand enough to have clearance problems. Please proceed with caution.

29. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

okay...... lol

Seriously guys. This is typical on the launch. Take a look at all these modern launch photos. This is what a wrinkle wall slick is supposed to do. If you dont have enought air pressure the slick can wad up too much and distort the footprint. Too much air and it wont wrinkle and bite.

http://www.davemilcarek.com/100408/