Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beater pic's show us your's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Al, Oct 17, 2008.

1. This is my old beater. now show us your's.
    Al.

Attached Files:

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

3. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Now I'm embarrased to show this one, I did just get it a week ago, and I'm still working out the bugs before I do anything major. The pic is from before I picked it up.

Attached Files:

4. My beater,,,HRP

[​IMG]

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

You guys have some nice beaters!:D
    Here's mine, just got back from a 600 mile round trip to the Showdown Drags and it gets driven every day on the rough roads of Buffalo.
    [​IMG]

6. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Dude, you think yours is embarrassing? Go look in my albums. I've had them for 2 years and 1 year, and the both still look like that. Of course that's no-one's fault but my own...:D

7. JEPPA

JEPPA

You have what many want. A favorite of mine. I'd be driving that thing around an be making people like me jealous.

8. Al
    What are you running for rear suspension? What happens when you fill the rumble seat with people? Same question for you HRP do you ever haul anything heavy? I ask because I am building a full fendered touring and don't wish to drag the fenders when my buddies get in the back seat, but I do want it to hang on the fenders like yours
    Thanx
    Justin

9. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

Here's my ol' beater...like a diamond in the ruff...:D[​IMG]

10. See photo of my '38 Ford pickup in the left margin. I see all these "Look but don't touch" signs at car shows. I made me a sign that says, "Feel free to touch. It's just an old work truck, not a show car."

11. Al you're sneaky asking for 'beater' pix. Nice deuce!

12. I have the original type transverse rear spring but from a 40 Ford pickup,,but to be truthful I have had a couple of large guys ride in the back and I didn't experence any fender to tire rub!:D HRP

13. wow! yall call them beaters! sweeeet!!

14. This really WAS a beater.............but it was fun.

Attached Files:

15. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

here's my beater/daily

Attached Files:

16. dannyego

dannyego

So your the guy that outbid me on Craigslist....:mad: Oh well Ill get over it. Nice looking car though:D

17. FONZI

FONZI

I LOVE your truck!

FONZI

18. ratster

ratster

my BEATER 49 merc and some of my other BEATERS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

20. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

One of my first beaters worthy of a snapshot.. the ones before didnt move past the front gate (under their own power).. Still miss it.

[​IMG]

21. Thats good to know thanks. I still dont know what to do though too many ideas. How does it ride unladen?

22. chris55

chris55

Heres mine, been working on it forever, and its still a beater.

[​IMG]

23. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

Beating it.......

[​IMG]

24. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

You Guys piss me off,

Your not show off your beaters , Your just showing OFF....

AND if thoses are the beaters ,I for one would love the see the nice shit.....

Boy it sure would be nice ta live in your world! DAMN......................

25. SpDDmN

SpDDmN

My old trusty steed!works it's ass off all day long!has done more than 400000miles..& still going strong!

Attached Files:

26. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Yuppie beater..

27. This is my nice car,,,lighten up dude!:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

28. All my cars start out nice! LOL I just end up putting a lot of miles on them, then I either go through them again or sell them and start over. They are cars. They are meant to be driven. They just so happen to be my, (our) choice of mode of transportation. I try not to drive them in bad weather but when I am driving home from Ga. to NY and run into an un expected ice storm there's not much more I can do then find a motel as quick as I can. Or finding myself driving after being at the Lk Lanier Damn and finding if I left 5 minutes earlier in my 32 Chevy I would have been caught in the tornado.
    My cars have been hit but others, the Chevy had both a front and rear fender repaired because of someone else and once because of me.
    My 40 Ford's right front fender was caved in when I hit a small block sitting outside my buddies shop. In one photo you will see primer on the right rear fender where someone tried to pass me on the right soft shoulder of the road when I was turning into a convenience store. Those coupes had have some blind spot.
    Basically what I am saying is, when you drive them often, they don't stay as nice as they did. But if you have the time, tools and place, you can keep them that way.
    My 32 saw 20,000 a year 4 years running.