Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mike Cross/Estrus Record's AA/FD!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Conder, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Conder

Conder

I just found this on www.wediditforlove.com... This is a new car, running current N/TF. These guys qualified and were in the thick of it. Look at this rail man, spot on late '69 and LEGAL. Just a fantastic car...

Attached Files:

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Definately cool, Not your typical Phone Booth!

3. Oscar73

Oscar73
    from Seattle

Timmy... this ain't a "new" car, it belongs to Don Danhof who's been running in as an NE/1 (7.60) car for the last few years. I'm not sure how much it had to be upgraded to run NTF... but the engine is one of Rich Stannard's from his fleet of Estrus fuel cars... might be out of the Beach City 'Vette or the Mike Sullivan Fiat.

But yeah, it's pretty bitchin' ain't it? Oh yeah, that's Don at the far right.

I just noticed you mentioned Estrus Records... Dave Crider's a swell guy, but not this into drag racing. It's Estrus Racing, or "Dick Ed" Racing. For Richard Stannard and Ed Schwartz.

[​IMG]

Here's the Vega funny car from the 2006 CHRR...[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  4. Conder

Conder

I don't usually follow the new stuff, but I couldn't sleep last night and ran out of "old" stuff to look at! I guess I'm a bit confused about the Estrus thing. So "Estrus Racing" isn't Estrus Records?

Either way, updated old car or new it sure is GREAT to see a legal and current AA/FD that looks like that actually dukin' it out with the sit up cars. Cool paint, beautiful body, great wheels etc. These Estrus guys whoever they are (Punk Rockers? Drag Racers? Lucky Motheryouknowhats?) are all over it. Dig that Vega Funny...it looks like a VEGA FUNNY CAR! It's got DOOR SEAMS and fenderwell lips...?

I know you've got great photos of that new Beach City 'Vette, how 'bout it?

5. Cool.............

6. SoCal Racer

SoCal Racer

Hi Guys!

New to the board. Just back from California Hot Rod Reunion where I saw the Don Danhof car run again. Spot-on late 60's fueler. Only guys in the class running the 426-style Hemi. Here's a couple shots - 1 from CHRR and 1 from Fuel & Gas Championships back in June. Conder wanted a shot of the Beach City Corvette - well here ya go! From CHRR, and I can tell you it's an excellent re-creation.

At CHRR 2008:
    [​IMG]

In the lanes at Fuel & Gas Championships 2008
    [​IMG]

Beach City pits CHRR 2008
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  7. Looked a lot better before those canards were added ahead of the slicks !

8. Conder

Conder

THANKS SoCal. Great cars, great shots!

9. brandon

brandon

at least they are not those big ole boxy looking things seen on some....that vette is the $#!+..... :D brandon

10. The cannards are functional. Form follows function = hot rod.

11. SoCal Racer

SoCal Racer

Yeah, at least those canards are period correct. I was talking with one of the crew guys and they are committed to "keeping it real."

We rode alongside the 'Vette (on an open trailer!) through the Grapevine on the way home Sunday. My son was driving so I got a real good look at it from some angles not seen in the pits. It is sweeeet.

12. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Man, I just now found this post. That digger is what Im talkin about. Period looks and runnin. YEAH!!

13. tmacracin

tmacracin

Its nice to see the old style running hard! This current FED shit bugs me they look stupid!

14. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

We ran the first 5 second run for a front engine AA/FD in 1996 with this one. Just a note, it was back when you still had to use a iron Chrysler head.

Attached Files:

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That's definitely a pretty dragster!

'Course that Vette is SUH-weet!!
    Did Pat Foster get to see this before he passed?
    (then again, he probably restored it?)

16. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That Vega is cool too.....damn.....
    Anyone with complete images of this?

17. How's this?

Attached Files:

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Holy CRAP, that's cool.