Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 48-54 Chevy/GMC trucks! lets see em ALL!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jun 19, 2006.

1. This is my 55' & my wife's 58' Bel Air. The truck is on an S-10 frame with an
    8 3/4" rear w/discs out of a 2002 S-10 Highrider. I'm running a 327/200-4r combo w/ 3.73 gears.

Attached Files:

2. a.d.-hawk

a.d.-hawk
    from Omaha, Ne.

3. PoPo

PoPo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

its not all traditional so I wont show the rest. The interior is traditional though and not done so when its done Ill post up some of those. Been thinking about knocking down the shine this winter, I found out it has red primer and would look cool with some faux patina and maybe a door decal. Not sure though, I hope I can keep it and use it as my parts hauler for future projects.

4. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

I hope you're kidding about doing anything with the paint! Not my choice in color but don't do "faux" patina.

5. .....this isn't mine, but I built it for a customer.... exactly the way they wanted it..... some of the build pics are HERE

[​IMG]

6. macyak

macyak

Here is mine again after painting it satin yellow with white top....
    The green is what it was when I bought it.....Now I need some wide whites for the back...

Attached Files:

7. blue57ford

blue57ford

I really like this truck. Nice work.

8. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks. Brought it home for it's first trip home tonight( and to meet it's new big brother(or next victim....)
    [​IMG]

9. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

10. rusty48

rusty48

I'd love to have one of these.I learned to drive in my dad's 50 GMC.

11. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Baron, I like your style! I'm in the process of ordering glass for our '54s now.

I like that '53/4 Bel Air dash. I've got a spare and have contemplated doing the same. There's a '50s Caddy dash over in the 'For Sale' area though that I'd be thrilled to have!

Maybe I'd best wait, though. I need some skillz first!

12. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Seeing if I can get AD Hawk's pics to post:
    [​IMG]

13. gearsforguts

gearsforguts
    from temple,pa

heres mine

Attached Files:

14. sun down

sun down
    from tx

[​IMG]

sold it 29 months ago to a guy in Tulsa, Ok.........if I could find him I would try
    to buy it back...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  15. abone1930

abone1930

Heres my old chevy, started out as a 1st series 55, but swaped out to an earlier cab. One of the trucks I shouldnt have sold. In paint with flatting agents. All stock running gear but bagged with a 3" dropped axel from speedway.And alot of fab work by me :DThe guy I sold it to still hasnt done anything to it . Been sitting in a barn now for about 4 years go fiqure :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. a.d.-hawk

a.d.-hawk
    from Omaha, Ne.

Thanks, Danimal!

BTW, if anyone in the Texas/Oklahoma area ever sees Sundown's old truck, he'd like to have it back in the worst way!

17. dt50chev

dt50chev

How much did you remove from the roof? Obviously more than the typical 3" chop. I really like the looks of this truck. Nearly perfect.

18. abone1930

abone1930

It was chopped when I swaped cabs. I chopped the mouldings around 4 1/2, the top was cut 4 ways,no slant post, reskinned, v butt winshield.Thanks, liked it too. One of the ones I shouldnt have got rid off.

19. bretcopsey

bretcopsey
    from DAYTON, OH

I've been tinkering with this 51 off an on for a while now. Don't plan anything major, just driver status.

Start and in process pics:

Attached Files:

20. NEALS49

NEALS49

21. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great looking Canopy Truck. Seems like only yesterday seeing these filled with fresh produce from the Friend St Market selling in the local neighborhoods. :)

22. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

Here is mine still in the weeds.

Attached Files:

23. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Neal, that canopy is badass. I love it.
    This thread is sooo long, I think I posted all the various AD trucks and Burb I've owned since it began.

Love me some AD

:D

24. Southfork

Southfork

Other than it's probably harder to chop the 5 window version of these great pickups, is there any recognized difference in desirability of the 3-window versus the 5-window versions of these pickups? Right now I can trade into either version (equivalent condition) at the same cost, and, personally, I kind of prefer the look of the 5-window, but that's just me.

Now if we were talking Deuce coupes instead of GM pickups, you would no doubt get strong opinions both ways, but I think the majority of Ford guys would probably suggest that the Deuce 3-window coupe is in slightly higher demand than 5 window equivalent. If that's a valid conclusion, would the same hold true with respect to the 48-54 Chevy/GMC pickups, e.g., are the 3-windows in more demand? Or, is there absolutly no recognized difference (an eye-of-the-beholder kind of thing)? I'm a Ford guy, so I have only my gut to tell me, and that is to go with the 5-window.

25. the five windows are definitley in more demand and the one to get if possible , im sure opinions may very..

26. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

5 windows are harder to chop because the curved glass is tempered. NONAME here can get you pre-cut glass, I think.

I'm with FLH on this one. I love me the 5 winders, hands down. I have 5 1954 cabs and all are 5 windows. I've had 7 of these and only 1, a 2 ton, was a 3 window. Even my '53 1 ton dump truck was a 5 window.

27. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Wow. Puts in perspective. Either the bags or the tires are fully deflated to get that low!

28. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

The last CT in the wild I saw had a tree growing out the side. There is a restored one at the GM Heritage center. It's purty but full of wax fruit!

29. Personally, I love the 5 windows!

[​IMG]

30. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers