Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Magnets thoughts on Pileup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Oct 12, 2008.

1. I was shocked by the low turn out on Sat Night ...kinda felt bad for the bar or the Czars or who ever was flipping the bill for the Bands, Kinda hard to pay bands with cover charge when so few showed up .... The new bar rocked ! It had to be the heat, But the low count on sat night made a lier out of me , I 've told friends, that have been comming to the hunnert for a few years and going home right after, that if they miss the pre and post partys they have missed half the show! so they stayed Sat night to check it out ...they think I over hiped it ...oh well I still had a blast ! Thank you for letting us (Vagabonds WI , Ill And SODAK), be apart of it..we have a great time helping and we are VFL. DW as for the new defintion of our relationship, THANKS BRO ......LOL ! Looking forward to the thank you party and seeing every one again .

2. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

This was my first Pileup and even though I could only spend a couple of hours my son and I had a blast. Congrats to all involved!

3. We all were there uhhh, supporting the bar and bands. :D We uhh, contributed a lot Saturday night. We even treated all to singing and dancing. :D PBR swag collecting. The owner of the Red Cent was cool as hell to us.

4. I was a vendor at the swap meet and will extend a huge thanks to all that were involved in the "hunnert". Being a newbie "hunnert" vendor, all my questions were answered with courtesy and patience from my arrival on Friday thru my leaving on Saturday. Awesome task accomplished by awesome people with awesome results. Congratulations.
    Don't shitcan the swap meet, shitcan the shit attitude vendors.

5. Top notch show, thanks for showing this Canadian a good time.

I can't even imagine the work that goes into something like this. My hat is off to all of you who put in the effort. Damn fine job.

6. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

We loved it!!!! It was our first year and we will be back next!!!! Thanks for all the hard work!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. HotRodJosh

HotRodJosh

That bitch was my mom and wife so fuck off. They told me you were quite the asshole. I believe them way before I believe you. We were the first ones to park there before anyone else got there. If you had done your job correctly you could have kept the others from parking near me. You could have easily come and asked me to move it. They told you I was working the shirts. I guess you only act tough to girls. They were not impressed. So how about you quit your bitching and shut the fuck up!

8. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

Josh, I want to apologize too. I drooled on that flathead. Awesome car.

9. HotRodJosh

HotRodJosh

Thanks man!

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

wheat, alfalfa, sorghum, oats, weeds, probably not any sunflowers

11. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

I dont care if there were billet wheels or a prostreet white ford or guys drinking bud light instead of pabst. The Czars are soem of the nicest guys I have ever met I would totally let them touch my wifes butt once. Great show, no complaints, even the misses had a blast and she likes shiny stuff. ill be at the next fifty.....unless Dave tries to kill me with his Ranchero again.

p.s. The bottle openers were the best idea yet. If I have to tell angry old men where to park next year I want a sword instead of a flag again.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  12. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

3 quarts of oil every 30 miles there and back didn't make me not party. I thought it was a great show and I get the minimalist mentality. Super cool people willing to help a fat kid to the bar (Autumn) and even a stranger helped change a tire that didn't need changed in the middle of the night and after falling on his face without dropping the jack only wanted to nut on Russco's head. I wouldn't worry about the bitching.For a small group of people to tackle a huge crowd you did a fantastic job and even shook our hands and thanked us on the way out. That's Fucking Classy Shit.
    Sorry Johnny Sprinkle
    [​IMG]

13. lostinthe60s

lostinthe60s
    from Midwest

I agree with billbrown...swords would get their attention ...I always hated those guys that flagged you in and told you were to park, then I became one....lol.......I guess if i had to be one there wouldnt be a better place to do it then at the pileup (organized parking / pileup ???????) ....LOL.....Hey guys can I join your car club so I can touch billbrowns girlfriends butt??? If not I will just ask Tony.....love ya Billbrown

dirtysanchez

14. magnet

magnet

Dude.. where was i when all this butt touchin was going on?

Heheh remember those orange paddles i made out of wood a couple years back?

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

She is a friend of mine and I really can't see her being a crabby bitch without provocation. I heard the same story from her side later in the day. You left out the part where she told you her husband was volunteering at the Tshirt booth and had the keys. Nice. :rolleyes:

16. breederswife

breederswife

Catherine-Congrats on your show and it was the very least I could do. You do a wonderful job supporting these guys and they truly do show their appreciation of you and give you credit where it is do. Jim is a very lucky guy, I look forward to seeing you both again soon. The Red Cent was heaven sent for the Pileup. I am glad they were able to make that part of the weekend easier for you and the Czars. Abby asked who we spent the weekend with when we got home yesterday. I told her Catherine and she asked if it was the Catherine that tipped over twice. Bless her heart she asked if I told you hello. I am late in doing it but the kids say hi! Our paths will cross again soon, take care until they do.

I was thrilled to see every one and sad that it only last for a few brief moments. Thanks to Tudor Jeff, Evil Clown, and John Yager for the drinks, and to my Kropduster boys for a great time this weekend. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. It makes turning 30 in two weeks a lot easier!

Always, it is great to see the Vagabonds. Thank you for the T-shirts, especially the pink one for Breeder. I love it. I look forward to seeing as many of you in January as possible and the rest of you at the RR.

Great to put more faces to names and to see all our old friends too! Thanks to everyone who let Breeder lean up against them or help him to stand upright on Friday and Saturday night. Much appreciated;).

17. Deadbird

Deadbird

Amen Denise. I would have liked to listen to the bands. Just thought it was a little more important to stay close to my son. Don't think they would let a 12 year old in the Red Cent.

Said it before, I'll say it again. The Pileup is awesome. No complaints here.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We should have introduced RobLee's 13 year old son to your 12 year old. I'm sure they would have had a good time together hanging out on the street checking out the cars together.

I was disappointed in the fact that the Red Cent wouldn't let Rob into the bar to buy his son a coke without paying the $5.00 cover. I didn't realize what was happening till after Rob paid the money, got the coke, then left the bar or I would have gotten the coke for him since I had a wristband on.

I do think it's important to show the kids that hanging out amoung the cars with cokes outside the bar can be just as much fun as inside the bar with beer.

19. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Amen!! Great standards!!! One more year without our kids then they will come. Still a bit young. You sound like a great parent!!!!

20. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Ha, I was thinking the same thing Denise about the boys. But according to RobLee's son, he was surprised he couldn't get into the bar in Morris since he is able to get into the bar(s) in his hometown. Hard-hitter, man! LOL!! He was having a good time tho.

Not to take away from the Red Cent, but everytime I went in I didn't stay a long time because I was afraid I would miss something outside. I still have some of that "special" candy left....;)

Speaking of the street fun...does anyone know what happended with the gentleman riding the flame throwing bicycle after the cops got done with him??

21. I just typed up a long, killer, gushing ode to my Chrome Czar heroes and their "Army of Volunteers"! Then my damn computer locks up.:mad:

Here's a couple of pics of special people, that thanks to them, I get a dynamite carshow every year...

I caught this poor frazzled but, happy soul at dusk. A true leader and visionary along with a club of seven strong, talented, hardworking guys! My hats off thanks to them, their women and "Army" for a special day.

Mike(Magnet)

[​IMG]

Kevin(Raygun) I don't wanna tell ya what he worrying about when the shutter clicked...:eek:

[​IMG]

Chad(Django) with Keith Weesner...

[​IMG]

Kacy "the Original Pinup Striper", Cyclebilly Bob and Magnet...

[​IMG]

More from me later...

Joel

22. Your mom AND your wife? So does that make your daughter your sister? They don't allow that here in WI. There was only one person there when this happened.

Two of us walked up to her without saying a word and she just shook her head no while we were walking up to the car. She knew exactly what we were going to ask as she sat there and watched it fill up around her. We were out of space and Louverdude had just come to tell us to fill up EVERY space because the back was full. Just because you were there at 7am and helped out selling t-shirts I should let you have all the space you want? Who the hell are you? So I am supposed to treat your car like some shrine and leave 8 feet on both sides or spend a half hour tracking you down during rush hour? Yeah right! Just like you could have left selling t-shirts to move it. The open spots by your car were the last spots in that area we filled if I remember right. That was because they sucked because of the way you parked. It was right in the middle of that side of the grounds, not out in back where it wouldn't matter. We never pushed the issue, we never insisted that it be moved or that she tracked you down. We didn't make a big deal about it. We asked her, she got bitchy, I spent about 15 seconds trying to get her to help us, she refused, we moved on. Simple as that. She was just rude to us before we even said a word and I am sure the other guy that was there would attest to that. I was actually quite floored when she got huffy right away when we only asked her if it was her car. She knew it was too close to the tree to get another car in well(as I am sure you knew when you parked there). It would have made it easier if it was moved, but we dealt with it and moved on. I don't remember her saying anything about you working t-shirts. The whole conversation was less than a minute and we found two small cars to fill the space. I don't know, maybe one of the other guys said something to her as well. I didn't get into any big arguement or anything with her, I doubt we exchanged more than 50 words. I was in a good mood all day, as I when I spoke with her. The problem was you were inconsiderate to the fact there were 1132 other cars to pack in to the grounds and parked just far enough from that tree so nobody would park next to you. Next year I will park everyone 8 feet apart, that will certainly make it better for everyone.

So do you really want to get into a big pissing match over this? I'll remember it next year and park two rat rods next to you. Sorry I opened my keyboard about one little issue. Sorry, I felt she was rude, but she was. Was I an ass to her back, apparently I was, I don't recall being that way, but oh well, tough shit, you are her were in the wrong. Get over it and let's get this back to the positive.

Bottom line, Pile-Up kicked ass, went really smooth. Weather was perfect. Czars did a great job. Volunteers did as well. Were there problems, sure, were they major, no. For the size of this show, it could not have gone any better. The group of people is impressive. It seemed like the car show in the parking lot was smaller this year. The party downtown was much much better.

23. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

Cliffy, this isn't about parking cars. Obviously you felt the need to bring this up on an international forum & resort to childish name calling. You owe those two ladies an apology right away!

24. HotRodJosh

HotRodJosh

Don't worry about it. If this is what makes him feel tough let him do it. And be careful, he threatened to park rat rods next to me. I'm backing off now!

25. magnet

magnet

Peter pan!

That pic was right after the car fire i think.. i was a little wound up :)

I forgot that i locked my keys in the van... but one of the "local yuts" had his gorgeous, lovely, and talented girlfriend with him.. who happened to have thin arms.. and she just reached in and unlocked my door for me :)

Thanks PP.

26. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Please tell me that someone did not steal a wheel off of Jon's sedan!

I hope it was just a joke.

27. magnet

magnet

If that was a joke.. it was funny as hell.. i saw that when i left the hotel in the morning.

28. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Mike and all the Czars...
    I didn't think the Pileup could get any better, but it did. Thanks for a great show!!!!
    I had a great time helping out on Friday, and has sooo much fun on Saturday that I forgot to pick up my sponsors packet...Oh well there's always next year.
    Mike, I really enjoyed talking to your Dad and watching him carve...the guy's really tallented.

Glenn

29. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That my friend is the anti-theft mechanizem for a hot rod.

Attached Files:

30. I'm not a homo, but I love you guys.

Oh wait... I guess I am a homo.