Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take a Survey, Help Me Out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jonnyrocknroll, Oct 13, 2008.

1. If you have a couple minutes, I am doing some research for my thesis project in school related to the future of the personal vehicle and internal combustion engine. Take this quick 3-4 min survey below (paste it in your browser if it wont click), the results will help me big time. Thanks a lot.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/72190/daily-commute

2. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Done.

But you really need to add "Adult Film Star" to your list of occupations... i'm just sayin'....

Good luck with your thesis. Hopefully you're making a point that nobody cares about electric cars and everyone will be driving a hotrod by the year 2050. ;)

3. lukescoupe

lukescoupe
    from oklahoma

Finished, no electric car for me.

4. Nice, Thanks.
    I guess you would fall into that "other" catagory under occupation. Yeah, I will be spending the next 9 months trying to make a case for the future of the internal combustion.
    Thanks again for your help.

5. done, can't haul much payload with an electric weenie mobile.

6. cant argue with that.

7. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Done. Good luck!!! Electric....have to pass!!

8. The HAMB is great. Thanks for all the responses. Great info, keep it coming.

9. Another one down. Always willing to help lend data to a thesis project...speakin' o'which, if it wouldn't give too much away, what's the thesis, and what's the project?

Unless of course it's "Analyzing the behavior of traditional Hot rodders and Kustom guys for the sole intention of finding ways to get them into electric vehicles", that is! :)

10. I'm a transportation design student in my 5th and final year. I am only 2 weeks into the project and it is still in its infancy, but I can divulge a bit of what I am working towards. The problem is urban sprawl and urban congestion. I need to solve the problem by designing a vehicle, without altering the current transportation infrastructure (ie. roadways, filling stations, electricity production, etc.). That and the survey are obviously just brushing the surface. Big problem, difficult design solution. Guess my real car projects will be on hold until June.

11. Cruiser

Cruiser

Your survey looks and sounds just like the Hagerty Insurance questionnaire. Are you sure your doing a thesis for college or for some other reason?

CRUISER :cool:

12. toddc

toddc

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but that seemed like a very middle class biased survey. In occupation the only trade I could find was construction. your minimum price for an electric car is 5 times what my most expensive car cost.

And while completing the survey, am I to assume that the electric car is better or worse for the environment? An electric car that's charged from a coal powered station generally has a greater carbon footprint than a petrol powered car.

And in location, how about locations other than the USA?

13. Done....best of luck

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Survey completed. I know a guy about an hour from here who converted an '81 Accord to all electric using a fork lift motor and adapting it to the manual trans in the Accord. He drives about a 40 mile commute each day, and electricity to charge his car costs about 1.5 cents per mile.

I've been to his house and spent time talking with him about it. I would drive something like he built if necessary to have gas money for my Nomad.

Oh yeah, a nuclear power plant is ten miles from this guy's house.

15. Natural gas, it is there in the street, and we all can put the 10.5 - 1 pistons back in our heaps.

16. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Sorry dude, no can finish,, no way I'm driving an electric car,, and I'm not willing to pay anything for one.

17. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Got it done. Good luck

18. done did it!!!
    good luck

19. The survey is meant for the general public just to get a few simple statistics related to my thesis from a wide perspective. The occupation options for instance are the defaults provided by the survey software, I had nothing to do with that at all. Sorry if it sounded biased in any way. Also, I am a design student. I simply do my best to make things look good while solving a problem. I mostly just draw pictures and build models of cars and other transportation related products. I am by no means an engineer, let alone a survey software engineer. Just want some honest peoples honest opinions. I appreciate yours, thanks.

20. Tinman, thats the best answer I could get. Should have finished.

21. Of course you realize the demographic of this board will tilt your survey real bad.

22. I guess freight trains are an anomoly, and some of you haven't seen the Green Tee thread.

Thanks,
    Kurt

23. Yeah, but it is also getting plenty of hits from my moms retirement community and a whole lot from campus (among many other places), so it should balance it out. I hope.

24. Freight trains still have a diesel motor with as much as 4000 HP driving the generator that powers the motors turning the wheels. There have been a few battery powered locomotives, but so far none has worked well enough for more than yard or local service.

25. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

another one in the bag for ya.

26. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You wanna know something, there are other countries in this world than just the US of fucking A! Serious.
    Where are we meant to put the, 'I will NEVER; buy an electric car' answer??

Doc.

27. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

Survey done!
    And with a bit (ok,maybe more than a bit) of tinkering, Hydrogen will work in old combustible engines.
    Cheap AND Clean.

'Course, my opinion is from what limited research I've done on it, but it seems feasible.

(and it sure beats electric to me)

28. chris55

chris55

done....good luck

29. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I couldn't finish the survey 'cos a lot of it doesn't apply to my situation,so
    I think I'll have to second Tinman,unless you can design something that looks,sounds,smells & hauls ass as good as a V8 powered '54 ford .But good luck with your studies.(no sarcasm intended)
    Paul