Register now to get rid of these ads!

2008 Hunnert pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bluestang67, Oct 11, 2008.

1. bluestang67

bluestang67

This was my first Hunnert and I had a great time . Show was well organized and prices were great no rip offs . I was there from 10 till about 2 and some cars where still coming . Here is a link to my album slideshow it and enjoy . I'm picking up a 37 soon so I have a few extra pics there .

http://rides.webshots.com/album/567908911VyIAVl

2. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

thanks for the pics , i had planned to go but things just didnt work out , cant wait to see more !

3. bluestang67

bluestang67

Dirt they will come cameras flashing brighter then a old rock concert . Great weather also usually cool this time of year but it was sunny and in the 80s .

4. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

Looks like your taste was the same as ours...same pics. It was my first Pileup as well, and me and the wife both agree...Our favorite show ever !!! Well organized, great people, great cars. But it looks like they may have outgrown little Grundy County speedway, might be time to move to Chicagoland. Great job to all who set this up. We'll be back.

5. bluestang67

bluestang67

LOL maybe we were standing side by side . Jim was thinking they may need to pave the corn field next to it for next year . They were wall to wall cars i made the trip around about 3 times . Couldn't believe how many more i seen each trip .

Jim lets see em i missed more then i shot so many there.

6. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

hunert 064.jpg
    I was sorta fond of this little thing.
    Great workmanship..maybe a little strange, but it was built on tv...

7. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

thanks for the pics !!!

8. cool pix...thanks for posting

9. sololobo

sololobo

Wow!! Same day photos!! Looks like a packed house, I was planning to go all along!! Dammit, seems like when I plan stuff it never works. Some very cool looking rides, especially liked the 62 Galaxy with the flaked and scalloped roof. And Big Olds was grinning as usual in all its beauty. Hoist a cold one for me kids. Thanks for the xclnt. pix. Sololobo(at home pouting)

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

Very cool show and pictures, looks like a great day for cool rides in the sun. That green '53 Chevy is one fine looking car. Thanks for posting the shots.

CRUISER :cool:

Attached Files:

11. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Pics ,Thanks for sharing.

12. Crestliner

Crestliner

In one of the pictures, could see Plowboys truck and looks like Inkorekts car a few cars ahead.

13. bitchin pics blue thanks for posting for us dregs that couldnt make it..

14. Scott K

Scott K

Thanks for the pict's. Looks like it was a great show.

15. bluestang67

bluestang67

Guys wish all could have been there im hooked and got some good ideas for my coupe

16. power58

power58

Great Pics. It's amazing how we can see em so fast. Maybe this Intranet isant just a fad ! The pile up was a great time. It was my fourth and they get better every year.

17. bluestang67

bluestang67

Power58 its a great thing , keeps us all up to date no matter where we are . I missed the last 2 i wanted to go to chose work instead wont happen again i know i'll be there .

18. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

Great pics, we had a blast, I talked to one of the volunteers and he said the count was somthin' like 1400 cars entered. we had a great time like we do every year.

19. Nascarians

Nascarians
    from Ottawa, IL

What a blast!!!! Now time for the swap meet!!!!

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'm glad you guys think we're getting more organized. I got chewed out by some local types... who also didn't "get" the show. Oh well. I think it ran smooth as butter. NO problems that I heard of. The Volunteers were sharp and on the ball... thanks largely to DumbWhore!

21. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Great show....but who kept lettin in all the cars with the 18" and 20" billet wheels??? saw 5 or 6 like that

22. 1133. The 1400 was an earlier miscount...

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

I saw 2-3 with too new rims, but I didn't see any like what you're describing. Show me the pics.

I turned away a guy in a beautiful 60 Olds (twice!) because he had large (and very ugly) modern chrome wheels. He kept saying "They're no NEW! I've had them for TWELVE years!" :D He was the only guy I saw get really mad when rejected. He never did understand the rules no matter how many times I and the other inspectors explained them

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I did see one roll in with big diameter rear wheels, Torque Thrust IIs. It was later in the day though. We open up the gates at 3 though, so maybe they came in then?

I only had one older guy get bent out of shape when I had to deny his '63 or 64 Caddy custom. Neat car, but the wheels were some kind of organic directional ARE wheel. He asked me if I knew how far he had come? "I came all the way from Lombard, IL" Hahaha, that's like 50 miles. It took me 10 minutes to get him out of line. Everyone else that I had to reject was cool and understood. The really tough one to deny was the truck with the cut down '50 Olds frame, complete with the IFS. It was pretty bitchin and gave us at that gate quite the dimemma. The rules are simple. No IFS on fenderless cars. No one has ever tried with a cut down original IFS. I was ready to let him in, but in the end we decided to say no because of the shit storm when he did get in from people who didn't.

25. Deadbird

Deadbird

Tough call.... but IMO, the RIGHT call. You guys came up with a simple set of rules to make a VERY bitchin show. Don't change a thing, man. Those of us who get it will keep coming. Those who don't, won't. No loss. They have shows to attend too.

The Chrome Czars run one of the best shows around, bar none! Nice job guys.

26. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Once again, what an outstanding time we had. The vendors just keep getting better, and since I had a first hand look at the swap area, it was amazing of how it has grown from the early years. It was a little too warm for me (I love the autumn coolness), and a few too many groups of bikers in town, but that didn't me from going downtown each night and having a blast there too. Was glad to be a part of the first Ladies-of-the-Hamb m&g and enjoyed seeing everyone (even tho we had to kick VonDust out).

I was honored to be able to give back this year by being a volunteer and plan to do it again....mark me down DW!!! Can't wait for next year.

27. dynamic88

dynamic88
    from Chicago

I can confirm that, after we opened the gates at about 3:30pm, a couple of cars that didn't meet the criteria (big billet wheels) drove in.

So I think that's why you saw them inside.

28. krooser

krooser

I saw that Caddy at the Lion's swap meet... yes it was neat.... no it didn't belong.

The only complaints I heard were some of the johns were overflowing and the hand wash stations were empty and became trash cans.

BTW.... I liked the band "The Stacks"... although my buddy said he had heard they sucked (but he didn't hear 'em). I like the Memphis sound and I think that type of music fit right in.

But what do I know...

Another big round of applause to the Czars for a great weekend...

29. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Yeah, I saw one of those with the big wheels roll in at about 4PM or so. Overall an Excellent show:cool:....as always.:D

30. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Hey I resemble that remark , oh, wait ..I rode up by myself.