Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods When things seem to look wrong..but yet look all so right..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I untarped DeathsDoorStep...fired it up..disturbed only one neighbor this time, and moved it to my back garage into my workspace........I think its about time I finish this one...their is lots of fab left to do...then paint..and my last step fathers name painted on the back to be finished..........I plan on posting some updates in the future..........Every time I have ever pulled this thing out into the open yard.....I just stare at it....I think it just looks so wrong...I like it.....simply put...this car needs to see the DragStrip next year, if I can get it to run as fast as my Model A Truck, I will be happy......Littleman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stirlingmac

stirlingmac

Looks like a really nice place you got there Dave...

3. I don't know where you're getting the "wrong" from,cause that thing is "right" in so many ways!!! You just need to get working on it again to renew your interest in it. Can't wait to see some videos of it on the strip! With the way it's set-up and the engine choice,it should out-run the pick-up,for sure...

4. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'd love to see that at the hamb drags! put that long ohio winter to good use and finish it up.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That car challenges everything I ever thought I knew about proportion.

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Dude there is NOTHING wrong with that car! It's more than right.

7. A-Wall

A-Wall

i remember the first time i saw that thing at autorama, my favourite part was the rear frame rails, took a bunch of pics.

badass car man!

8. Yes but i would bet that Dave and only a few select others could pull it off. Breaks many "rules" but works as a whole, or should I say RULES?

9. Dude if you only disturbed 1 neighbor they must of all been out of town or they can't fucking hear !! Damn !! >>>>.

10. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

please do finish it , i so want to see this thing up and going so bad !

11. Noland

Noland

That car is awesome without a doubt I really would like to see it finished up.

12. oldsman71

oldsman71

2nd on you bringing it to the hamb drags!!! that thing is sic ya know in the good way!!!!!

13. jj mack

jj mack

I dont know you Dave, but I have followed you hear on the HAMB and I have seen you on TV. Hope to meet you someday.

I think it reminds me of YOU with A great big heart in a nice clean sized package!!!!!

Some people look like their dogs....you have a better deal!!!!

14. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Dave, I have yet to meet you in person but have been impressed from the first time I saw your work. I was even more impressed with the way you handled "stardom" on TV.lol You seem to be very well grounded and I think that confidence in your abilities and ideas come through in your car building efforts.

Hope to have the opportunity to meet you someday.

Oh yea, the car is killer, in a push the envelope till it looks more like a suitcase kind of way. Love it.

GV

15. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Will the paint be as wild as the design? Or something nice and subtle? The p/u looks great in black.

16. Cruiser

Cruiser

:) That's one fine looking Model A finish it my friend you'll never be sorry, it'll run all out like a Banshee. Very cool indeed............

CRUISER :cool:

Attached Files:

17. wvenfield

wvenfield

I'd like to see it run at Thompson. At least there is a chance I'd get to see it run then. :D

18. That thing is wild. I dare you to mount a lawn chair in front of the engine and offer rides. Yikes!

19. amsvette

amsvette

If that is wrong, then I don't want to be right!

20. yekoms

yekoms

Littleman,
    The only thing wrong with it is that you are not in it with your head shoved back against the seat,with a big ass grin and the slicks ain't smokin' etc...
    Smokey

21. EHBoy

EHBoy

that car is perfect. style, stance, big ass motor, crazy slicks looks like a wild animal ready to unleash hell.

i love it.

22. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

That's cool as hell, but where the @#$%#@ do you put your feet?

23. Ain't nothin traditional about it! But it's cool in the same vein as the Purple People Eater (Please take that as a compliment)

24. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

...that car is what every 15 year old kid born before 1978 was dreaming about while sitting in detention,...

....that kid had the picture in his head of it,and the sound of the engine rushing through his hormone induced brain.....

..but you brother,,,you have brought those thoughts to life!

THANKS!

25. Where are the rest of the pics??

26. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

You need to move the motor forward about 2 feet.

Candy Wine Burgandy like the "Texeria" Willis would RULE on DDS With Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!Gold Leaf!

Miss you little buddy.

27. JEPPA

JEPPA

It doesn't look wrong. It just looks alien. Now finish the thing and go abduct some humans!

28. One word, WILD! Did I detect a Divco in the front garage?

29. Dave, looks like it is ready to be finished...would have loved to heard it running..another day..been wondering what has been going on in that shop of yours....i know what is coming though, just wondering if you figured out a color yet fo DD...look forward to talking with you again, .i have a feeling i'll be driving over your way this spring........... if all goes well.......:cool:.....Topolino Kid.............

30. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Sometimes I dream about driving DeathsDoorstep.

Doc.