Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert Car Pileup #7

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

No problem. The main drag through Morris (Rt 47) is 4 lanes wide, and a lot of semi trucks get off I80 at Morris for fuel, etc, plus Morris is a racing town, so there are cars trailered to the races all summer long, along with quite a few motor homes, I'm sure. They're used to it. I wouldn't drive it down to the bar though. Liberty street is tiny.

2. voodoochili

voodoochili

I thought I saw Clark Griswold's wagon behind that motor home! Let's get a look at that! Can't wait for the Pile Up.... Oh Yeah!

3. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

You are correct. "The Wagonqueen Family Truckster". I project I lost interest in. Much rather play with old iron!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Appleseed

Appleseed

Dude! Finnish that thing. Then sell for a profit.

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Volo will pay top dollar for it. :D

6. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

that is totally wrong for this board... but totally right any other way!

I would drive that!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Too late. Used the cash from the truckster for the 51 chevy we had for 2 months that I traded even up for the 46 Cadillac we have now. I would open the garage see the truckster and just get a sick feeling in my stomach when I looked at it. It sat the way you see it for almost 2 yrs. I have a dozen friends with old cars and I wanted to be in that leauge....and now I am and very happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

LOL, I know, I am waiting to get yelled at for tossing up the pics. Wanted to make a fellow HAMBer happy. Glad you guys got a kick out of it.:)

9. Any body coming in Thursday or Friday stop by The Hot Rod Barn one exit west of rt47. Exit 105 & I80. They have a 22,000 square ft facility with a speed shop, engine shop & upholstery.
    They also have a booth at The Pileup as they have for the last 4 years.

10. Appleseed

Appleseed

Didn't you or the dude you sold it too get it in the Power Tour issue of hotrod? Unless there are more of these things?

11. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Nope. Thats another guy that built one. He did not have the original crown....ha ha!

12. GonzoSS

GonzoSS

So it looks like me and the girl are gonna make it to the Pile Up this year. I'm I gonna be the only mexican up there? :) Cant wait to see a kickass show!

13. Sorry Dude, hate to break your bubble, we have plenty of our own Mexicans that will be there. ;)

I plan on bringing mine.:D But, you will have a great, great time. The Pile Up will not disappoint...

:D

Joel

14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

looks like you got the Caddy from Bug Baron? Hope to see it out and about soon.

15. jms

jms
    from Chicago IL

I have a question. What time does the Ring of Fire begin?

I'm bringing my 9 year old to her first show. She loves sitting on my lap and looking at pictures on the HAMB but doesn't have infinite patience, so I don't expect to be staying all day. I want to time our arrival so as to get in the most action in about 2-3 hours time.

Thanks, John

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Bring her by my '47 Olds convert and I'll let her sit inside and make voom voom noises. We're not supose to cruz around BUT if no ones looking........I'll take her for alittle ride around the fairgrounds if she wants.:D

17. CHITOWN 29A

CHITOWN 29A

Is there going to be an outside parking area for not quite old enough (69p/u) jalopies to park?

18. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

not really. The parking lot is huge and all grass. There is no way to corral cars to park together out there, so you have to fend for yourself.

Its safe and they are all car people. Nothing should happen to it.

19. CHITOWN 29A

CHITOWN 29A

the last few years i was there were a handfull of cars parked together up front near the fence, i wasn't sure if they just got there early as hell,(i was there at 9:30) or if it was a saved area

20. jms

jms
    from Chicago IL

When I was there two years ago the parking lot was peppered with really nice cars that were either too stock or too billet to get in the gate.

21. jmn444

jmn444

fuh king great time had today, thanks for the great show!

22. thepoz57

thepoz57

Good times... Thanks to all the guys that made it happen.

23. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Best one yet!!!:cool:

24. charkol

charkol

always a good time thanks to everyone i missed the meet and greet

25. jmn444

jmn444

curious what the participant / spectator counts were... seemed way up from last year especially on the spectator side...

26. Appleseed

Appleseed

Cars inside are at 1133. People counts are coming soon.

27. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

We all had fun as well.... especially the part when we were stuck in the 6+ lanes of cars waiting to go in but the car dies and then we pushed it off and waited even longer lol........ is there a reason why they can't start letting cars in earilier than 10am???
    If anyone gets bored come by and see us, we are the ones who have made camp in front of the gates now so we can be 1st in line for next year :)
    Can't wait till next year!

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

They started letting cars in at 9am CST ;)

29. jmn444

jmn444

big olds had some prime parking for sure, looked even better in person than pictures... which to me says a lot cuz it's usually the other way around...

30. Hellfish

Hellfish

We opened the gates at 9am sharp... just like every year... just like it says in the website. Cars flowed pretty quickly after that. You should've kept pushing your car in line until it cooled off enough to start! A few others did.

BTW, you really should do an introduction. It's the polite thing to do. Complaining about something isn't the best first post if you want respect on the HAMB.