Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2008 Chopped Rod & Custom Show Pics. *Australia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aushotrods, Oct 4, 2008.

1. rustybones

rustybones

stop all the blood clot crying the show was awesome pity there is always sum prick who has to have a cry wank unlucky:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  2. rustybones

rustybones

i saw ya mate i'm a ford man but that chev of yours made me hard in the middle good work:eek:

3. Adam F

Adam F

All this bull shit aside - it was a great show. The highlight for me was seeing the guys from South Australia. It was a great effort for them to travel so far with such great cars! They really inspired me. Three words, accesorize, accessorize accessorize.

Favourite car for me was the brown, flathead powered 30-31 Roadster.

I had fun camping with the crew. When I got home I heard it was -2 degrees at Avoca on Saturday night- it must have been pretty damn close at Newstead!

Oh and Sean, when I heard you take off, I have to admit I got a suprise when I turned around and saw your van- its loud and sounds good mate!

Later
    Adam

4. fat141

fat141

kkkunt
    FNG

pull ure head in!
    pull your headin and mind your business no one gives a rats on your opinion so just keep it to yourself!

Whoever or whatever you are, my opinion counts as much as yours. please dont sent me a PM again, it contaminates my computer. Now, you can say what you like because I'm outa here.

5. Congrats to all the Chopped guys for a stellar effort first time out. They've made a lot of guys (and girls) very happy with such an event. I'll be back again next year and the years to come.

Just want to say thanks to the SA guys that took the time to drive for over 8 hours just to get to Newstead. Certainly helps justify the stance of the organisers when such fitting cars arrive from so far away. Wish I could catch you guys in Uraidla but I have to miss it this year.

6. Friggin excellent show.. Ryan, Kyle, Willow etc put on a great show, The Monarchs Road Knights and a certain Gaylord will be back next year for sure with more in tow.......
    Hey Munchr how about sending me that freakshow on the bonnet of my wagon??? Funny how people photoshopped my car out huh.........

7. Props to Lowsquire for getting 'fuckingwell' into a sentence. The childish arguing '0'

8. adem

adem
    from Australia

looks like it was a great show, some very well styled rods for Australia. Its nice to see more and more nicer styled rods showing up. Its also nice to see some rods running fenderless, this adr should be fought/ignored. All the guards look ridiculous.

9. Donee61

Donee61
    from Melbourne

OK, I THINK I'D BETTER SET IT STRAIGHT AND END IT ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Firsty, I was obviously a little disappointed that I was not allowed entry into the event. (Even though I had suggested I take off my hubcaps to look the part).

I am extremely flattered that my mates have supported me but at the same time I do respect the fact that the event was classed for chopped rods and custom cars.

Maybe it would have been nice to have a specific section for other cars such as mine that were turned away.

I am glad to have came up and supported the first show and I did have a great day. The cars were great and I enjoyed the day.

So be it... no hard feelings to anyone.

If I did purchase a Rat Rod in future you may very well see me there.

Cheers
    Anthony
    58 Plymouth

10. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks for setting us straight with your view.

This should see the last -ve posts. :)

11. looked like it was a cool show.
    Now can somebody close this thread. Right now I'm not feeling to proud to be an Aussie. :mad:

12. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thats what I asked for a while ago.

How are you going? We must talk again soon. Tonight???

13. celibaterifle

celibaterifle
    from Australia

Looked like a good show. Now I'm torn between Valla and this one. Will have to see what next year brings.

14. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Now I know why State Of Origin matches are so good. You guys love to hate each other.

Christ, you Aussie Hambers should all be supporting one another, not carrying on like a bunch of gold chainer street rodders brawling over who gets the first latte and scone at the cafe.

15. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I already wasn't buying his Chopped magazine after the way he spammed everyone here on the HAMB to promote it. I gave hime the benefit of the doubt at that time and supported him as a fellow Aussie on here regardless.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242408&page=2

and

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230760

I gave him another chance going to support his show - I won't be back.

There's no need to close this thread....leave it here and in the next few years, we can all look back and be proud or ashamed of what we've said here. I'm game....are YOU ?

16. A9X

A9X
    from Australia

Get over it dick head.

Donee's over it. He even went to the trouble to join here to tell us he's OK with it.

Grow up schmuck.

17. How about a little respect!

18. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

There better be respect mate, total respect.

[​IMG]

Hey did anyone get a picture of the XK falcon late on sunday??? And did the SA boys get home with no trouble?

19. No respect mate, here no respect.......Robo, yeahhhhh no respect.

20. RD, Im with you on THAT one. I LOVE that 58 Plym, should it have been at the gig ? Not my call, as Im not one of the organisers but it IS a beautiful AND rare ride here in Oz.

Heres my take.

Here in Oz, we have a hard enough time getting our kinda rides on the road. Some UNITY here is required guys, otherwise, will all the bullshit posturing and negative sentiment, we ARE a divided group. I dont have to remind you all how hard it is to get our cars on the road, nor do I have to remind you how we are targeted by the powers that be, the tree huggers, the do gooders, etc etc..

So, whether you're into trad rods, kustoms, VWs, lowriders, bobbers, muscle cars, restored stockers or whatever, if we dont stick together, make no mistake, we are SCREWED.

So please, enough bickering and let your egos subside. We are car nuts first and foremost regardless of where your allegiances lie.

What we need is more commitment to allow our scene to flourish and prosper - EVERYONE stands to benefit. Kudos to the guys who made the commitment to run the gig but also to those that made the effort to turn up.

Rat

21. Well guys what a big weekend, thanks for all of the support. Me and the guys had no sleep all week leading up to the show and tried our hardest to make it a great weekend for everyone. The job of gate duties is the hardest of all, I spent a long time reading up in preparation. Next year it will be fool proof with everything from a wheels chart, to minimum custom requirements, to being lowered with some form of wheel alteration.
    By Saturday lunch-time I was a mental wreck having received a fair bit of abuse. Then I see a few mates turn up, two got through Anthony’s ’58 was pulled up & I felt terrible. I continued to apologize to him as it’s a nice car but too stock for our show, he was about number 20 for the day. Do you guys know what it’s like to tell a biker club their bikes don’t fit can you park them and walk in? Tough job but I stick by what I have done and think it was a great show for it.

Mark in Japan I would love to see you back at our show as even Anthony seems fine with what happened, I hope there is no hard feelings and let’s keep moving forward.

CARS, SHOWS & MAGAZINES I’m not going anywhere!!
    Sincerely Ryan Ford

22. we west of the border got home okay, some small dramas, turns out you need fuel to get home:eek: and that fuel needs to get to the carb, my wagon cracked the shits at 70 mph..... the a roadster had a bit of a spit took about 13 hours with lots of stops for the necessities and some not so fun stuff. Ryan thanks for the drinks and cool shit on sunday night too.

23. no worries mate, the sunday night '66 Tijuana trip slide show hosted by the old man was great fun. i think we might make it a regular for the show.

24. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Ryan, was thinking how you went with those bikers! I guess you made them shit with your huge physique. Can you please send me any info of the event i could use in an article please?

25. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

My bud Smitty in the states still has his eyes peeled for that 46 Merc cap you wanted.

26. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rat, the voice of clear reason here. I hate the billet wagons too but were just toom small of a minority in a minor 'lifestyle' (Hobby if you want) to all be bitching. We need our numbers united. I realy ant to have this Gasser registered oneday.
    Doc

27. Cheers mate, harder to find than i thought. i was going to throw the sheets over the roadster for a few months but now i spent sunday hanging out driving and riding in the South Australian Rods my sleeping hours are screwed for sure!!!

28. Tough calls to make Ryan, I know how hard it is with just nothing more than a cut off year but you guys went the extra yards. In the end though its your show, your rules. From the sounds of it you have learnt a bit from it and next year sounds like it will be even better!

Looking forward to making it this time!

As usaul Rat well put....

29. I realy want to have this Gasser registered oneday.

Doc

MMMM Gasser !!!

Rat

30. 53chevpickup

53chevpickup
    from Australia

Hey Ryan. Its Curt from Shepparton.
    Gotta congratulate you again man. Awsome show, Will be back next year with
    some more guys that were in the states this time round.

Hope to have the truck ready for next year.