Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2008 Chopped Rod & Custom Show Pics. *Australia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aushotrods, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

We DID have cars in that show.

2. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Didn't you used to be in the Falcon Club ???

3. Yep.

Rat

4. aussiefluke59

aussiefluke59

Ha ha ha ha ha! Fucking jumpy aren't we?

Well i guess opinions are just that aren't they!

Build a bridge and get over yourself! I know i am! Bet i'm not the only one?

Once again, awesome weekend Chopped crew!

5. Thanks for the pics guys, I got close but no cigar. But will with better planning I'll be there next year for sure.

I do find it funny that the 61 Fury (also stock, ceptin for some dummy lights) got in but not his mate. I've done door bitch at shows (John's Picnic actually) and it sucks arse. This was when he had a specified cutoff (which he does again for those that care). You never realize how hard it is until you've stood on a gate for 4 hours arguing with people what can and can't come in. Everyone will try and bend the rules to suit them, its human nature.... I will never do it again.

So good on them for sticking to their guns as hard as it sometimes is. You never can please everyone all the time.

I might add my old man went down in his Cusso early on and was told if he went in to park down the back as it has peanut mags, he SHOULD have taken his A pickup but he wasn't phased, he had a look around and went home.

6. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Did Ben enter a falcon in a rod and custom event????????
    Can we please get this useless shit out of my post please. I take photos and share them to inspire people; not let others carry on...wanna whinge?? create your own thread please.

7. nooch

nooch

Amen Ben!

I'd like any of these ass-hats to pick something on his shoebox of pickup (yeah, that's the level of commitment he had to the show, he drove in the pouring rain all the way down on Friday afternoon AND organised to get both his cars down there, and stayed all three days!!) that was not period correct!

I guess most of us knew this was going to happen, the minute someone tries to do something good in the otherwise lame Vic show scene, the haters come out with the same old crap - its the same all over the world!

It was a football field, you could see the rejected cars from the middle of the field for christ sake! And there were a lot of nice stockers to go and have a look at, though some had sooky tears all over them! If it was so important for your mate to get jerked off because of his car, why didn't you just roll your sleeves up and do it yourself~!

nooch

8. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

hahahahaha ruler!!!

Heres to you, sucking my dick!

9. Once again......YEP !!

Rat

10. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

11. I'll say one really good thing from my vantage point (parents place on the road into Castlemaine) I did not see one car go past on a trailer. Its really good to see them driving!

Although Sean your car was the loudest!!! hahahahahahaa...... :D

12. munchr

munchr

[​IMG]

The comment about the late model steel wheels doesn't seem to break the rules that stated about mag wheels.............

Seems a few people are just happy to whinge & sook about anything when behind the safety of a keyboard....

points that are fact: The guys ran an exceptionaly successfull event, especially for a first time show.

There are a few folks that are upset that either they or their mates didn't get in now have a case of not so sweet grapes.

Most of the attendees had an absolute blast of a time & will support a second event

It would appear it's easy to sign up & be a kkkunt whilst staying anonymous...why not put a name to an opinion? get over the fact that they ran a good show & either support it or leave it to it's own devices.........

13. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

:D:D:D:D
    (touch wood e.p.a aint reading this):D

14. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

About FOUR pages ago, I said that we spent time, money and effort to SUPPORT it, and that in future, we won't be back,

but thanks for those suggestions

15. nooch

nooch

...And it became pretty obvious FOUR pages back that most of the people that attended the show, are pretty happy to hear that!! All we need to do now is find a way to stop you crying in other peoples posts!

nooch

16. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

October 10 2011

"Its typical that these shows die out coz people don't support em"

Well WE tried....

17. munchr

munchr

Well my mistake then, just thought it was a smart name to sign in as, sorry if I offended with my comment.

I would be happy to visit you & perhaps learn from you, just pass on to me some contact details & I'll bein touch as due to my work I'm in melb a bit:)

18. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Girls, its time to put this subject to rest.

No-one - not Chopper, Chopped, ASRF, Pre-48's, Earlies Ltd or anyone else - will be able to please EVERYONE, especially with their first event.

We've all learnt from the events of the weekend, now for the sake of our hobby, and our welknown Australian "get-along" attitude, stop bitchin in public. Go to that other site, and bitch like the rest of them!

Enough Said.

Mr Moderator, please close this thread before some-one drops a valve.

19. fat141

fat141

Re: 2008 Chopped Rod & Custom Show Pics. *Australia
    Quote:
    Na mate 'kkkunt',thats just wot my rego plate says, come down any time to melb and i d be happy to discuss the aspects of traditional rodding with you!!!
    Well my mistake then, just thought it was a smart name to sign in as, sorry if I offended with my comment
    munchr, I wouldnt apologize to him, I think that anyone who likes to go by that name let alone have it on his rego plates could only be a jerk. Bet his girlfriends parents or his in-laws love having that parked in the drive. I know we are all big people here, but I bet the ladies on the HAMB think highly of your name. I know I dont. Moderator pls
    Sorry if I hi-jacked the thread but I couldnt hold back any longer.

20. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

you'd better not go to HIS garage......all those 50's cars and juke boxes and paraphenalia thats been on his garage walls for 15 years will be "too stock" for you, all the rods, customs and bikes pulling up out the front of his house all day long won't impress you, and you'll come out dissapointed by the lack of "oldskool"

.....and worst of all, people who enter THAT garage end up doing REAL work on REAL cars. There's NO BEER and no "SCENE"................ NO FUN WHATSOEVER

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  21. What?

That's fucking UN-AUSTRALIAN!!!

22. munchr

munchr

Oooo Mark whip me beat me, for a start I don't drink beer I was driving flat black cars long before it became a "scene" I've also ridden bikes all my life & built up a number of custom rides before the "chopper mania" came along. I've also helped in minor & even major builds of cars in the past, hell a car that was built in my garage not 30 feet from where I am typing took out top kustom at the kustom nats a few years back........but what would i know according to your post......

I actually attend more bike events than car events these days as there is none of this bullshit going on, ya don't enter or try to enter a clubs show then shitbag them if you didn't like it.

He made the offer & I tried to accept it but was interupted by your goodself & your opinion.
    Now once again I'd be happy to take up the offer, unless it was not a genuine offer? in which case I'd be confused as to why someone does not back up their word.

23. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

You wanna come on here and say his mate's gourgeous 58 Plymouth doesnt fit the kind of kool you believe in coz it doesn't fit the latest trends from "OlSkool Rods", then think he should spend his time helpin YOU out in anyway....

.... look, next time ur in Melb, pm me and I'll take you out for dinner with the 60, 70 and 80 year old rodders, and you can tell THEM whats traditional!

and thats a GENUINE offer!

24. munchr

munchr

Show me where I said that at all????

I didn't make the rules I just obeyed them, not too hard to do really. I wouldn't turn up at a shotgun show with a really nice rifle & expect to be allowed in, no matter how nice my rifle was.

Next you say I think he should spend time helping me? WTF are you on about? he made the offer & I simply accepted it, how does tha make me expect anything? perhaps you need to read what has transpired instead of making accusations that have no base.

I would love to take you up on this offer of going out, fair chance I'll already know some of the guests in that age bracket. I'm busy at a 30year reunion this weekend but you name the date otherwise & I'll be there.

read between the lines, these guys put out their own rules as advertised in their own magazine, many attended & abided by those rules & had a good time. That is their right at their show, if you have better ideas why not run your own show?

I can't understand why it was such a hassle to see a large gathering of folks having fun doing what they enjoy.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, great thread gone to hell. Thanks for the great pics.
    Doc.

26. Congrat's to the Chopped boy's,Thanks for all the pic's.
    I'am hoping to be there next year for the show...
    Hopefully Adam can wait till next year for some Von kustard stripes.....

27. God some of you are whiney bitches.

Can't wait till next years show.........hopefully without you whiney bitches.

=]

28. nooch

nooch

Jesus, this guy just wont quit! How about we all chip in and get him a one way ticket back to Tokyo!?

Oh yeah, I'm kinda with fat141 too! That tag, wherever you are, is pretty lame! Is this from your last show?

Attached Files:

29. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I try to appreciate "Cool Old Cars".

If you think guys are not welcome in "YOUR scene" coz 'ALL' they're driving is a 58 Plymouth.....good luck to ya. Their welcome at my place ANY time.

If you think you 'OWN' the rights to rodding.....good luck to ya.

If you've got spare money for plane tickets......spend it on blowing up a HUGE pic of your cars, taking a good hard look, and deciding what YOU want to do to em, thats ORIGINAL and cool. Finish what you WANT to finish....choose what you WANT to leave unfinished for style....but don't just do it to cut corners.

If there's a car at a show that you don't like.....just keep walking, don't look at it, don't mention it (not that hard at a show with only 100 cars)

When guys take time off work and spend money and time and effort to finish THEIR cars then travel 1oos of miles to boost YOUR scene.....APPRECIATE IT

When you see a fellow 'cool old car'-meister getting shat on......STAND UP instead of following the herd.

I started by posting pix of stuff that I thought was cool, from angles that avoid stuff like missing windscreens.....then I included pix of a 'cool old car' 58 plymouth, to appreciate his effort.

Then I get shit canned that I don't get where this cool old cars thing is at.

You keep your paddock bashers and your at the ready clan-pix on your hard drive.....I'll be in my garage, or legitimitly on the road.....

.....and I won't be taking any credit for cars that I bought LHD from the US or locally that were already 90% done and calling it "more kustom than yours".

30. 567trishop

567trishop
    from Australia

I spose no one got any pics of me getting the milk on Saturday morning