Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fiat Toppolino's - Photos anyone???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Mar 23, 2007.

1. rosa

rosa

its the one we have for sale ,right now,but great history and photos of it....[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

3. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

Here are some shots of my Dad's Fiat as it is today. Plans are to get it running again with a blown 392 for power. Whatca think?

I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR PICTURES OF THIS CAR IN ANY OF ITS FORMS (AS THE MIKE SULLIVAN CAR, TRILLO BROS CAR, OR THE GODFATHER VERSION) IF ANYONE HAS ANY.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  4. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

NHRA Museum:

[​IMG]

5. Rdono

Rdono

Here is a 47 I just picked up for rebuild. The body is chopped 2, widened 4 and the hood is extended 12 inches. Power is froma Art Chrisman 383 stroker. I will be redoing the interior, adding power rollup windows and completely restoring the balance.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. my project...finally..........

[​IMG]

7. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

Here's one at an AHRA divisional race held in 1969 at Manhattan, KS

[​IMG]

8. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

That is COOL and would me a great driver! Probably got 35+ mpg too.

9. storm king

storm king

That White Fiat spotted in Texas back at th ebeginning of this thread is a time capsule. I met the guy at the Starbird show in Tulsa som eyears ago. The car is know as the "Widdle White Wabbit" and has been racing exactly like it is today, since the 1950'S, with the same owner. It sits on Model "A" rails, still uses the Fiat driovers seat, and is one neat old race car. It was pretty dominant at laces like CADO MiLls Dragway in Texas back in the day. He's a over the raod truck driver; so its hard for him to get around to the events with his car. If any of you guys happen to catch him at one, go talk to the man! Great stories. He's also restoring his original '50's Caddy convertible tow car.

10. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

11. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

a few more that i've come across

Attached Files:

12. anyone know what size hemi was in this car????????

13. chris55

chris55

Man I have always wanted one of these things.

14. Oscar73

Oscar73
    from Seattle

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the Godfather was a different car than the Sullivan/Trillo Bros. The Godfather was a Northwest-based altered, and I've got memories of a photo, but with as many as I have, I can't put my hands on one.

I'll check with my NW drag racing expert.

Jim Sorenson
    Awful Awful Fuel Altereds

15. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

...Well I believe it to be the Sullivan/Trillo Bros. car. The reason is because of the fact you can still see the Mr. Gasket and Tate logos etched into the aluminum panels below the engine. The locations of the logos are identical. You can see that most of the major components of the car match the vintage photos as well (front axle, wheelie bars, fuel tank, roll cage wing, nose)... The guy our Dad got it from had said it was a Fuel Altered at one time, but I can't remember if he told any of us which one it was. The guy had used it as a bracket car for him and his boys and they had changed the car quite a bit. The leaned back windshield, wheel well flares, rear body wing and lengthend wheel base just to name a few.

I'll go over there tonight and get some pictures of what I'm talking about. I'll have to ask my Dad where the guy was from, but I seem to remember he was from Washington...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  16. The Shocker

The Shocker

Heres my steel 37 Topo i just picked up in trade yesterday .It needs a slight make over (wheels ,seats ,etc) ,but i love it so far and it is my daily driver (atleast till i get tired of being bunched up to drive it) ...

Attached Files:

17. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Snapped this one at the Garlits museum in Florida last Wednesday.

[​IMG]

David Heilman likes this.
  18. BobG

BobG

The "Fire Fly" was the former and late NHRA Division 3 Director, Bob Daniels car.

Here's one that I once owned a few years ago.

Attached Files:

19. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

These are a couple of 80" wheelbase Fiats with small block chevy's

Attached Files:

20. jcm65

jcm65
    from Santa Rosa

Some of these have probably already been posted

Attached Files:

21. Time for some more Fiat Topolinos. I just came on this shot taken at the 1981 NSRA Street Machine Nationals in Cali. I would have thought that in 25 years of playing with Fiats I would have come on this one before! It's a '49-'55 all steel Fiat model "C" Furgone (sedan delivery). I've added a photo of a stock Belvedere wagon for comparison.
    If anyone has current info, please post.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  22. LZ

LZ

23. LZ

LZ

24. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

This kinda looks like my car in the left lane......

[​IMG]

25. LZ...I'm not sure if it's a recreation or just a re-birth of a vintage car wityh a cool name. The fellow who bought Rod 'n Race from me told me about the project where he traded the body for advertising.

JESSE...your coupe is pretty rare. Fiat built 75% if the Topolinos with the sliding rag top, making the coupes pretty hard to find. When we built the molds for out street rod body, I could have used either one, but thought the solid coupe would make a better street car from a marketing standpoint.
    Would you share any history of your car? Looks like it had a life on the strip.

26. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

[​IMG]

I believe this is a Topolino body...

27. kevron

kevron

:)here are a couple of pics of my belvadere [​IMG] hope they come up if not go to my intro they are in my toys list :D

28. kevron

kevron

29. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

This is a updated picture as the front axle and suspension are being worked on.:)

Attached Files:

30. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

the First one on the left is in Killingly Ct.that photo was taken on the lawn of Cliffs auto Body its powered by a blown 4.3 chevy 6 and is fast as hell.The body tips up off the floor and the doors work as well It was on the cover of Rod Action in the 70s.Cliff of Cliffs Autobody owns the car