Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Cole Foster new book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, Oct 2, 2008.

1. BAD ASS YOU MUST BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had pre-ordered mine a month ago and it came today. This book is really good and my hats of to Cole for letting someone tell his story and too Mike Lavella who started gearhead magazine and gearhead records. You guys have in my opinion have put the book of the year out.

To Cole I met you at last year at goodguys scottsdale show when you had the 36 with you and we talk a little awhile about what you did on the car and your thoughts on plainishing hammers and such and I must say that I was not sure if you would talk to me or not. You were very understanding and were really humble on who you are and the bad ass work that you do. I have been collecting all I can on how you did the 36 since this winter I am going to get started on doing the same to a 5 window that I picked up.

I just wanted you guys to know that us guys in our garages look to you guys for insperation and what can be done that has not.

Thanks

2. What's the book called...any links?

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

4. Cole is a top notch human bean! Glad to know the man. And he has pretty hair.

5. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

i want one, cole is a great guy

6. amazon.com

7. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

I picked mine up @ BilletProof, even had him sign it. The picture of Cole wearing his dads jacket & helmet is just badass.

8. Gonna order one as soon as I am off of here

9. Deadender60

Deadender60

The book is good.. haven't read it yet but I know Mike did a great job.. My brother took the cover shot about 5 years ago.. I'm working (and just about done)on a Salinas Boys Calendar right now that will be available at SEMA this year and should be available from the Salinas Boys website soon...

10. maybe get him to sign one at SEMA or scottsdale???...looks like a must read even if it does not have any showrods in it

11. hemifarris

hemifarris

That's funny. I've never seen a "human bean". :D I just ordered the book from Amazon.com . Retail is $35.00 and their cost is $23.10.

12. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words about the book, me and Cole (and Susan of course!) worked really hard on it. There are also contributions by Jeff Decker (who wrote the Afterword) Kirk Hammett (who did a really good job on the Foreward) John Drummond of the Good Guys, Willie G. Davidson, and Cole's Dad Pat, who we sadly lost earlier this year. We also got quotes from Billy Gibbons, Jesse James, Bob Dron, Chip Foose, Jimmie Vaughan and Mike Ness... it's pretty epic!

I can tell you that no one has a better price than Amazon, that's always the case as I found out with the last book I wrote, The Hot Rod World of Robert Williams. It's cool to buy it there - we definitely still get our royalitys, no matter how cheap they sell it for. But if you're looking for something a little extra special, we made 50 signed/numbered editions that are only being sold at www.gearheadmagazine.com. They are signed by both me and Cole, and numbered 1 through 50. As of right now, I have 24 left, so if you want one don't snooze! They are $34.99 which is the cover price - no one is getting rich around here, trust me. If you've never been to the website before, look around - besides the books there are over 20 different shirts for sale, plus hats and all that, plus all the back issues of the magazine of course. If you contract me directly, I'll GLADLY lower the posted prices on those older issues and make you a nice deal. Cool.

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Cole and Mike are my heros..

I talked to Mike about this book several times as it was being written and man Cole
    has some good stories to tell and I'm sure the book will cover it all..

I can't wait to read it.

14. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Mike we posted at the same time.... Good morning my brother.. :D

15. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

Got your all packed up Evel - now there are only 23 left!
    Thanks!

16. Von Franco

Von Franco

Mike you da man,And Cole is a super hero with mayo...................

17. Paul

Paul
    Editor

thanks for the heads up Mike,
    I just ordered mine

18. NOTCH

NOTCH

I better get on before they sell out!

19. tred

tred

i was amazed the first time i met cole, he is so reserved, almost shy. he is one of the most humble people you will ever meet, and ironically, he is one of the ones that should be most bragadocious.

is it true that there's an entire chapter of the book about just his hair???
    ha aha!

20. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

yeah i got mine the other day already read it cover to cover twice!!!!you guys did a great job!cole is definitly my favorite builder and this book is great to have i cant put it down!!!!

21. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

Again, thanks for all the kind words guys! Von Franco no less, high praise indeed! Only 20 left now by the way...

22. desertdroog

desertdroog

I just ordered mine from your site Gearhead Mike. I've been a fan of your magazine ever since you included the 7 inches in them. Still have them and was glad to see you putting the periodical out again.

23. slammed

slammed

Can you imagine what he'll be building the next 20 yrs? And still no inflated ego. Classy, humble and plain cool.

24. Yaril

Yaril

got mine in the mail today.

25. Twoodie

Twoodie

Just sent for mine. Have liked his work ever since I first his Chevy pick-up... Thanks Cole and Mike

26. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

Thanks everyone for all the kind words about the book. I just wanted to let you guys know that there are only 5 of the signed/numbered edition of 50 left at www.gearheadmagazine.com so if you were thinking about getting one, you might wanna do it soon. Thanks again

27. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

It is a bitchin book! Saw the last copy a vendor had at Carlisle that was already promised out(why the hell they only bring 3 or 4 copies to an auto swap).
    Neat to see someone on celluloid,vinyl or in print and they turn out to be as cool as you thought they were.

28. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Thanks for the heads up Mike. I put in an order for one!

29. SimonSez

SimonSez

I just ordered one now (order 1117995380). Did I make it in time to get the signed/numbered one ??

30. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

You got it man - #47 in fact. Only 3 left!