Register now to get rid of these ads!

"OUTKASTS" Car Show---Mitchell, SD photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MCINK, Sep 28, 2008.

1. kiotes

kiotes

Time for you to shine Newbie. Post a picture of what you have! Anybody that can call another ones car crap must have a something that is perfect!

2. coupehunter

coupehunter

Being from SD, I am sad that some of these cars have had the chance to fly the banner for a state that has some really great historically accurate hot rods and customs. I might also add that there are builders residing in the great state that have blown my socks off with their abilities and strict attention to detail. Whenever I see SD mentioned in a thread title, I am excited to look and be proud.....but was a little disappointed by some of the cars shown this time! I know everyone has different tastes, but the town that gives you the Corn Palace should be able to do better! Thats my two cents for what its worth....

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  3. I call BS, on your line about our cars. CrazyD has the amazing Orange Model A Tudor that has been posted here many times.And won several awards at YOUR clubs indoor show. My Touring was sold to GV in Oklahoma and I am still building my A Tudor so I seriousley DOUBT you know anything our local Vagabond cars

I also happen to know a few of the Counts and consider them good folks. Too bad you want to turn this thread around with name calling. I also stated that Joe (truck with Green wheels) is a pal and that the truck WAS well built and should not be grouped in with some of these other clown cars.

Too bad Orv or Randys cars were not pictured. I would put them up with some of the best built cars in the country.

By simply defending some of these abortions you show your true understanding of this hobby. If not go ask Skip about the Safety 23 and how our Legislators would view these cars after somebody gets killed.

4. blackout

blackout

Check this link for a run 3 weeks earlier in Watertown SD, also at the east end of the state.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=291620

The show in this thread is loaded with fine ass cars. One of them in particular, that gold A coupe is the livin end.
    <!-- / message -->

5. kiotes

kiotes

I didnt say that the cars we crused with were bad. those were three nice rods. your pal with the green wheels is a super nice guy. Orvs car is out of this world, i even seen somethings he has done i would like to use in my next car, and the other one with the red wheels he was a nice guy too, i have talked to him at the track in Sturgis.. That was the first time i meet Orv and Joe and they are great. I would like to get to know them better, I have been looking for some car guys to hang out with. But the last time I talked to you, you said NO..

I have lots of idea and know of lots of cars in the late teen to early thirtys in south dakota, but couldnt find a place to fit in. The Counts let me in now, and they are great.. I sure if you would have givin me a chance i would have been part of your club..

Im a sure we will run into each other sooner or later. Everyone knows you, we both have a friend that builds cars (Randy). He is going to do the roll cage in a 65 rambler for me. Ill see you there Tman.

I didnt want to turn this into a fight, I am not calling everyones cars junk either, there are some on both sides that are not the safest looking machines out there.
    Its just like the show last weekend some good and some bad..

kiotes

6. I dont rmemeber the PM, but I think I said something more to the effect that Vagabonds are not really looking for members. If someone gets to know us and hangs out, fine. Orv and Randy are not even official members and they are close pals of mine.
    Look forward to meeting you now that I think I have an idea who you are.

7. kiotes

kiotes

We know alot of the same people, and have alot of the same interests. Is the old offer still out there for that beer?!

8. Always

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

a couple of things,i dont give a rats ass what you create and then drive to shows,but when it has the consistency of shit,smells like shit,looks like shit..well must be shit,right. find me a photo from the late 40s early 50s of rods that look like the steaming piles on this thread.There is no rule book,i dont like rules much but when you create the abortions above and TRY to pass them of to us on the hamb,which mind you is about tradition not spider webs,german helmet air cleaners,out of proportioned shit piles cruising down main street.We have to consistently talk about rat rods in our hobby because of cars like this,and frankly i am sick to the back teeth talking about rat rods ,if barris or winfield put out cars like this back in the day we would not have this thread,this hobby would have gone the way of the titanic,sunk,due to the fact it was crap,but its survived because of style,elegance,grace and the concept of less is more,you can have fun doing what ever you want, but really where is the quality.

10. Big Dad

Big Dad

"if barris or winfield put out cars like this back in the day we would not have this thread,this hobby would have gone the way of the titanic,sunk,due to the fact it was crap,but its survived because of style,elegance,grace and the concept of less is more,you can have fun doing what ever you want"

Uhhh .. The Munster Coach had stuff all over it, Drag-U-la was a casket?
    those were far from a normal "hot rod"

Gene Winfield had some cars that were pretty bare bones as well
    look at link below ?

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/thehistoryof/gene_winfield_race_history/photo_08.html

Some people make weird stuff , no matter what year, make or model ..

11. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

The big difference between the munster cars and those big piles of steaming caca in SD is that the munster cars were done tastefull artistic matter! They are pieces of art, most of the cars at that show are pieces of shit.

12. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

OK...ok....Just to stick up for the "Best" side of the state.:D here is a few from around here.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Thanks Chad! :)

14. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I saw George Barris in Salina this year and he was taking photos of anything one might consider a rat.He was riding around in a golf cart passing everything nice to get to something rusty.

15. Big Dad, those cars were built for COMEDY programs. To be driven by a vampire and ah, uh, I dunno, what was Herman Munster? A bionic rat rod?

16. And we have covered many times George's bad taste in everything but BOOBIES!:D:p

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Correction....something female. I was watching him too, he was a hoot.:D

18. Maybe the slutty looking chics were OSR "models" next to all the ratrods? Like a moth to the light Gene will flutter.......................

19. Not to offend nice slutty looking chics when we are bashing clown cars. I happen to like slutty looking women. Good ol wholesome Midwest Farmgirls are better tho................;)

20. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

It's been edited,it at first he called them traditional.Thats what started all this.

21. look you lot, until it has the fonzie seal of approval your all second guessing whats hawt or nawt. Fonzie where art thou!

22. BarryA

BarryA

Might I add:
    19. Throw basic engineering principles and laws of physics out the window &#8211; this is the 21<SUP>st</SUP> century &#8211; we don&#8217;t need those old fashioned ideas holding us back.
    20. Repeat # 13

Barry

23. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

OK...That was funny! But Im still stickin-up for my some of my local rodders!

24. Tman, bite your tongue!! All I have to say is that we may have some "clown cars" here East River, but that West River still has all of the "CLOWNS" :D:D

I didn't go this year (was working) along with a lot of the other guys that were there last year with the traditional cars you usually see (like at Watertown). Don't judge South Dakota by some of the "corny" :D cars shown on this thread. Who knows, maybe it's the Corn Palace that brings them out.

Here is a better picture of that '32 pickup with a much better looking young guy (I think he might be a rock star!) instead of the old fat guy in the previous pic of it.

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From West Point Nebraska Car Show</td></tr></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  25. I was just dialing your number to tell your wife............but you saved your ass with the last sentence! :D:D

26. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

GLAD I COULD GET YOU GUYS' BLOOD PRESSURE UP...
    NOTHING LIKE A GOOD CAT FIGHT.
    CANT WAIT TO REPORT ON THE NEXT SHOW...
    NOW THIS CAR, HOMBRES AND TMAN, IS "CRAP"...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SORRY I DIDNT GET A SHOT OF THE SMASHED AND RUSTED OUT 1ST GENERATION MONTE CARLO FOR YOU, YOU ALL WOULD'VE LIKE IT.

WE CANT ALL BUILD SHOW CARS, PERIOD PERFECT AND ALL.

BUILD WHAT YOU CAN, WITHIN YOUR ABILITIES, AND DRIVE IT...

ISNT THAT WHAT THIS "SPORT" IS ALL ABOUT...?

27. Boxing, racing and bull fighting are sports. Building hot rods is a hobby. Making rat rods is.....stupid.

28. Hahhaaha, she knows I have rolled dollars before.........:p

i had to work at the new job as well or I may have travelled with Orv

Our saving grace is the fact we have 439 people living West of the river.......most of us still live in tents and tipis. Building a ratrod is so far beyond our hunter/gatherer existance that we dont even think of it. When we have a rare year with a good Bison hunt we will build a car that is as nice as we can dream...............btw, you garnish moldings left today. T:D

29. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Wow, lot's of useful TECH in this thread....

Funny how this one's still going, even during TECH WEEK.

dv