Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has the tide turned?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steves32, Sep 28, 2008.

1. That's very good news. I see the current street rod scene as being very fad-driven, and with many street rods and rice-burners sharing the same (bad?) taste in billet wheels and fancy paint, I guess people are looking for stuff that's different. Mebbe we'll be the next hip trend..... :rolleyes:

2. Cruiser

Cruiser

I left hot rods behind in the 90's moving over to customs, I couldn't take it anymore all the billet crap, pastel smoothies, big ass wheels & tires and the piss poor looking graphics. Haven't been to the Western Nationals in years in Bakersfield, Ca, for the very reason stated above just got sick of it.
    Congradutions on the award you have one fine looking traditional roadster, your right the the tide must be turning and that's a good thing. Very cool............................

CRUISER :cool:

3. T-Roy

T-Roy

Congratulations Steve! Nice ride.

4. I saw your car there and thought it looked much better than the Avatar. Great looking ride. Of course you only won because I had to leave early! :eek: Just kidding, nice job!

5. NOTCH

NOTCH

Awesome! Congrats on kicking ass

6. skwurl

skwurl

The attention of most has turned to more traditional cars. My A gets more attention at our local cruise than just about any car there. I'm not trying to brag its just that its whats IN right now. Also there are some really nice cars there, sometimes 250 to 300 cars show up. Congrats on the win!

7. I saw your car at the San Dimas show,and briefly chatted with you Steve,and I love your car! A well deserved award buddy!!! WAVE THAT FLAG.....

8. cruzr

cruzr

congrads.........lets hope we see more threads like this one in the future

9. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

Congratulations Steve! but what about the guy's vender space you were half on? didn't he pay to set up and sell parts? i guess you don't get it ! maybe he makes his living that way.how the hell can you feel good about that, or even mention that in print? I set up at shows and sell parts for a living. have been since the late 1960's, i sure the hell wouldn't want to give up 1/2 of my space, to anyone unless they at least ask me. I don't mean to piss on your parade, but I guess I just don't get it, because this baffles me! but i am glad you won the award I am sure at least your car deserves it. cadillac dave

10. I'm sure there's more to that story...Steve isn't a dick...

11. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Glad you were picked, but thankfully things have been headed this way a long time.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  12. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Congratulations on the award. I quit going to that show because of all the billet rides. Nice to know the tide is turning. 2 years ago, I went and the guy at the gate said, "Nice car!". It's an unpainted bucket of bolts '31. I said thanks but there's a lot of nicer rods. He said, "Yeah, but yours is real!". I got a big kick out of that.

13. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

That's a good deal for you, when the other cars cost twice as much as most guy's working for a living pay for their house.

14. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Hmmm.
    So lets clear the air on the parking spot.
    I never said I parked anywhere to feel good about it. My parking spot wasn't the story. I mearly mentioned it because some of the event people had been there off & on all day.
    The Vender was Richard Hibbard Chevrolet & he wasn't selling parts- he had 3 new cars there on display. Our club was there & the space was provided by Richard Hibbard for our club. We were invited.
    Hibbard told them how many cars were invited & they taped off the area for our arrival. Well- a few members brought more cars than they should have & it got crowded. Plus- the taped off area was smaller than they paid for. Behind them was the fire dept display & they wanted 20 ft in the clear. In the end- because my car was the smallest- I volunteered to squeeze my roadster in- between the Avalanche & the other cars in the club. Hibbard didn't have a problem with it- they moved their cars over for me to make space! Very cool I thought. The people having the problem were the event people. To get their 20 feet in the back & because we were parked 2 deep, we pulled our cars up off the grass & 6" on the asphalt on the cruise route & place the smallest cars up front. Well- the vender's chalk mark for their tent was under the middle of my car & they had a friggin' fit. I got Ross to come over (he runs the show) & he said I was fine- Hibbard said I was fine and what did it matter anyway. Hibbard had the whole spot anyway. Didn't stop them from coming over several times & ask if my Ford was suppose to be parked there though. When I saw the 2 carts- I was sure it was about moving the car. That's the only reason I mentioned it- I had no clue they were there for awards.

15. Dirty2

Dirty2

Congrats and well deserved !

16. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Yea- I should have made that clearer. The 1st 2 pics are before pics. I then had them paint the car & then flame it. Ryan Reed wanted some before & after pics & those were the only "decent" ones I took. So-Cal took all the after pics.
    There's 6 pics total.
    \
    Car wound up at So-Cal after a freeway accident back in Feb 08.

17. Steve,
    pop the hood and show them the ZZ430...then they wouldn't mind you parking with the chevys.

18. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

steve, thanks for the explanation. irs good to hear your not a dick , glad you and your ride won. billet does suck doesn't it. i guess the first unclear pitcure hit a raw nerve. i'm sure you deserved it. cadillac dave

19. Kustm52

Kustm52

Congratulations. Now, at the rate trends move, we've only got 12 more years of billet and tweed here in the south...:rolleyes:

Brian

20. Congrats man! I'm a FNG and 26. I know I haven't been around long enough to fully know how much this means to the rest of you hambers, but I am sure glad billet, pastels, and crappy airbrushed scenes on the tailgate are going down the poop shoot.

21. 51stockshock

51stockshock
    from limbo

hells yea....congrats

22. geez just injecting "missed the point humor attempt"
    i do like this whole story , car , future potential for traditional cars.. no matter how the first sentence of the thread was written...
    great job ....

23. Congrats - thats worth waving your flag about.

24. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Nice one man,Good job!;)I hope thats a BIG flag your waving!!!!;):D

25. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

awesome award to a awesome car... im really diggin that 55 ford on their website too..