Register now to get rid of these ads!

In with the Caddy and out with the Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GoManGo1951, Sep 28, 2008.

1. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Ok, lets all remember this car thing is personal preference right? There are 3 fellow HAMBers including me involved in this deal and EVERYONE is happy with what they got. With that said......Our new ride is a 1946 Cadillac 60S series. Only 5700 made. The engine is out but complete. The cars engine compartment was media blasted and repainted, all new front end steering components. Radiator and gas tank boiled out and cleaned. I got enough engine parts for 2 1/2 346 flatheads. Car has 50,000 original miles with original paint and 100% unmolested. (The interior backs that up) We are very excited. We were able to trade our chopped 51 chevy even up for the Caddy. Anyway.....Here are some pics. We wanted to share our new excitement with you guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

it looks awsome

3. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

been watching that car in the classifieds. What kind of plans do you have for it?

4. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Right now I want to put the engine and trans back in it over the winter. Buff out whats left of the paint and next year drive the shit out of it!! I think keep it all original. To nice of a car to cut up.

[​IMG]

5. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Hey guys,
    I recently acquired this 1946 Cadillac with a 346 Flat head out of the car. I also was given almost 2 other engines worth of parts minus the blocks. Would anyone be willing to stop over and kinda help me identify these parts. I would love to see a 346 in a car put together already for reference. I have some questions regarding vacuum and heater tubes. And would like to know what I shoud keep, sell or throw away. Any help would be appreciated. Also looking for and shop manuals for the 346.

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Adam

6. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

Congrats on a really cool find.
    But I have to ask.
    Sixth pic down,why does the guy holding the trans have a holstered pistol?

7. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

looks like he has a badge too....;)

8. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

you kids done good!!.........

9. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

My neighbor is a County Sheriff and just got off duty to check out the trade. The whole neighborhood was here that day.

10. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

If you get tired of the flattie a 472 or 500/Th400 is a slam dunk in there. But you know that, You saw my ad for my 1941 Model 75 for sale. Great find, you will love driving it!

11. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Is it self-propelled or do you have to have mules up on the banks pulling that thing with ropes? LOL . Just kiddin'. I love those old Caddy barges! That's gonna be a sweet ride. What am I saying? It IS a sweet ride!

12. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

13. Cruiser

Cruiser

A very cool move the Caddy looks very nice and will make a very cool cruiser. Your Chevy was cool too, there's just nothing like a Cadillac. You should post a coupe of pictures of your '46 Caddy on the *cadillac cruisers* post it belongs there with all the other cool cruising Cadillac's. Looks like your have to change your HAMB user name now to something cool with the new Caddy. What changes do you plan on the Caddy?
    "Welcome to the kingtom of Cadillac, we knight you Sir Cadillac"

CRUISER :cool:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  14. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Thanks guys.

Our biggest project in the near future is get the motor back together. I have it 97% together with a few vacuum lines to figure out. Then drive the shit out of it next year!!! Then paint the following winter. Gonna keep it stock.

15. bugbaron

bugbaron
    from Milwaukee

Adam,
    Im glad your happy with the trade. We have been working on getting the other motor together and getting it in the chevy. I will keep you posted.
    Thanks again
    Bugbaron

16. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

We love it!!! Thanks for hooking us up. Look forward to meeting you the H.C.P.U. And keep us posted love to see what you guys do with it.

17. 03vorteczr2

03vorteczr2
    from New Mexico

That is one very nice car!!! Those are some pretty wide whitewalls too. Would you mind telling me the size of the tire and width of the whitewall?

18. slammed

slammed

Buff, then lay a bunch of Plumb Crazy glaze on it, and wax the 'wee outta of 'er!

19. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Tires are Coker Classics 8.20 x 15 with a 4 1/2" withe wall.