Register now to get rid of these ads!

The absolute worst car you ever owned

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had an S10 Blazer that was the worst. That thing was cursed. I had the alignment done after 4 lugs broke and found the balljoint needed replacement. All other front end parts were tight. 2 months later the tires were wearing bad due to the idler arm being sloppy loose. New brakes on the rear, 2 months later, hardware broke and ruined a drum without making noise. Plus other crap that just irritated me enough to dump it.

2. Was the smoke from the engine or from the dubies?

3. oldguy829

oldguy829

In 1961 I bought a 1957 Plymouth. Six cylinder stick. Dad picked it out to be my "college car". He agreed to pay half to get me out of my clapped out looking 52 ford convertible. What a turd. Rear springs broke driving it home form the lot. Guy backed into the front end while parralel parking and the whole front end collapsed. Both fenders and the hood were nearly rusted through from the inside. It swallowed a valve for no apparent reason. Parts just fell off.
    Within 6 months I traded it in on a 59 Impala hardtop. Best car I ever owned. Been a chevy guy ever since.

4. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

I agree. It saved Chrysler but was the worst car I ever drove, except in the snow; then I loved it.:eek:

5. BlackCherryImpala

BlackCherryImpala
    from Girard, KS

Don't you know guys that you shouldn't buy cars that were built on Fridays. You need the Wednesday cars, they last longer! I buy cheap Japanese cars for driving back and forth to work. They don't owe me a thing. Current beastie is a 84 Corolla front wheel drive that my wife calls the brown turd. It's ugly buts gets 32 MPG and I've put 40,000 miles on it in a year and a half, paid $650 and it had new rubber. The car before was a 94 Accord that belonged to a drug dealer before it was confiscated for wrecker fees. Paid $500 and drove it for over a year. Sold it for $1200 with the clutch about to completely fail and the front A arms and ball joints needing replaced, along with many other things. It wasn't a POS. It did what it was supposed too, plus it made me money.
    BlackCherry

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

speaking of newer pieces of shit, dam 98 civic again, what happened? they used to make cars you could drive the wheels off of, now less then a hundred thousand and every fucking thing is breaking. I know!! ford sold the early taurus plans to honda!! that would explain it. who in the hell makes a window regulator the same way for 30 years,it was almost bullet proof, then changes to a cable design with a steel cable on plastic pulleys? um the cable is harder then the pulleys, it eats the puleys the cable drags on the metal until it snaps,then you have to shell out a hundred and forty bucks for a motor and cable assemby, thats aftermarket. And i have three of them going bad. thats if the regulator isn't ruined. forget the junkyard they are all probably in the same condition. what a total POS!! I'll take my eighties ones where the engine blocks were still steel and everything worked. I like my old manual windows.

7. MyronH

MyronH

1996 S-10

POS

Needed a new head gasket at 60,000

Bought a Tacoma - havent't looked back

8. americanautomoving

americanautomoving
    from Miami, Fl.

'74 super beetle. total piece of junk with a single port motor and more rust holes than I knew what to do with..

9. 49coupe

49coupe

1995 VW Passat VR6, that I bought off my father-in-law no less:eek: [yes, we're still married, but I'd never buy another car off him again]

Bought it 4 years old with less than 50,000 miles on it. I owned it 6 months and after $3,000 in repairs I'd have enough Fahrvergnuegen.

- rust through in the trunk and trunk lid; fixed under warranty with bondo and mismatched paint. I could still feel the rust from the inside. Trunk still leaked.
    - window garnish mouldings rusted completely off the car.
    - power windows for the passenger side worked when they felt like it.
    - sunroof leaked
    - motor had two water pumps; both went. When the auxillary pump went, it leaked on the fuse panel and fried it, leaving me stranded.
    - alternator went.
    - car was very hard to start when the motor was hot - 4-5 trips to the dealer and countless parts it still wouldn't start when hot. Oh and due to the wear from never starting properly, the starter crapped out. $500....
    - synchromesh in 2nd gear replaced twice.
    - 5 spd was cable driven. Problem was they could never be kept in alignment. I learned to start in 2nd, since it rarely like to go into first gear.

It was a fun car to drive when it wanted to run. I traded it in on a 4 year old C220 Mercedes with 52K which i drive for 9 more years and 140K. The only bad thing on the Mercedes is that a lifter ceased and I had ended up with a valve job and a new head gasket. But at almost 200K I can forgive that.

10. I too bought a new 1980 Corvette with the L-82 engine...loved that car, wish I had it back! The worst car I ever had was a '69 Ford Galaxy 4-door sled.

11. BrokeDick

BrokeDick
    from Idaho

1985 GMC S15 Jimmy 4X4 2.8 V6 A/T (think S10 Blazer) this POS had my blood sweat and tears and skin in it. All I did was work on it, I even sold it once and the guy called me that same night said it stopped running and wanted his money back. The end came when I was driving it to my house and it broke down again, I got it to my driveway open the hood started to work on it and I just SNAPPED !! I slamed the hood called the local paper and put a ad in there for $500 bucks. Man pepole were calling me like it was drinks on the house, I sold it to a car flipper who gave me this big sob story that's it for his wife to get to work (next week it was in the local paper for sale) . The flipper towed it away on a flatbed hauler and I was this close () to building a fire and dancing around it to thank the gods for taking that POS off my hands. Now fast forward 7 years and I get a notice in the mail that the Jimmy is in the cops impound yard with all these storage fee's on it and do I want it back, HA HA HA !!!

12. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

Back when i was young and stupid, i purchaced a Fiat X1/9. The one weekend out of the month it ran, it was a BLAST to drive. Handled like a go kart, and had less horsepower. Swear i financed the bar tab for the foreign car parts store owner that year.

13. spooler41

spooler41

The wife NEEDED A DRIVER, made the mistake of picking up a cheap mid 80's Chrysler K car. We had it about 10 mo., it was the worst POS I've ever had. The best part of this was ,it was totaled while parked in my side yard. Some SOB took out the right quarter&rear end after a collision on my corner. Insureance was there and paid out twice the purchased price.

.....Jack

14. You think that is stupid?? Hell it's genius compared to what I did ... (God I hate to tell this) .... I traded a 66 GTO for an Opel station wagon .. !! One of those gas crunch thingys ... Damn !!!

:mad:

15. 57f100

57f100

83 Dodge Charger. It was my dads idea. It was a piece of shit, but he wanted me to get it to learn on. I learned to never buy a shitty FWD 80's Dodge.

16. superputz

superputz
    from wisconsin

Looks like the s10 is a leader along with vega,corvair and K car. I had an opel it rates right up with the fiat piece of crappp.

17. superputz

superputz
    from wisconsin

I traded my 1973 old 442 for an opel wagon I pushed it more than drove it.

18. '73 Ford LTD Brohme(?). It was absolutely wore out when I got it. I think the timing chain had slipped a tooth. Didn't have it long but it didn't burn me out on Fords. Have had a ton of Fords since and have a Lincoln Navigator now and a F250 Diesel truck ... Best car I ever owned though was an '86 Buick Park Avenue!But that Navigator is right up there with that Buick as being the best!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  19. Wasn't anything wrong with my Opel, in fact I went on to have two more. A 68 Rally 1500 and a 70 Rally 1900 (102hp). That was a sweet little ride and ran like a striped assed ape!

20. forty1

forty1

76 Chrysler Cordoba- " Boss!, da' Plane, Corinthian leather "
    as per Wikipedia:
    Corinthian leather was a phrase invented for marketing use to describe the leather used in certain Chrysler luxury cars in the 1970s. The first use of this term was to describe the leather in the 1974 Chrysler Imperial, but the best known use of this term is from the advertising campaign for the 1976 Chrysler Cordoba, featuring celebrity spokesman Ricardo Montalb&#225;n.<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup>
    Although many misquote Montalb&#225;n as saying "rich Corinthian leather" or "fine Corinthian leather" in the commercial, he actually says that "soft Corinthian leather" is an available upholstery option for the car.<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup>
    Corinthian Leather is a marketing term that does not actually indicate any particular type of leather. Furthermore, Montalb&#225;n confirmed this during an interview with David Letterman, admitting that Corinthian leather means "nothing."

According to one reference, Chrysler's "Corinthian" leather was mass produced in a plant in Newark, New Jersey (not Corinth )

21. Hillbilly_Speedshop

Hillbilly_Speedshop
    from Swe

Saab 900. almost free. real piece of shit i hate saab. this is what it did look like after my brother borrowed it :D fj&#228;rt means fart

Attached Files:

22. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Let me tell you the 83' Buick Century was no better!! =(
    Anthony

23. Lstude

Lstude

I bought a new 67 Mustang 2+2 fastback in the fall of 66. I loved the looks, but what a POS. It must have been built on Friday afternoon or Monday morning. I had a 2 page list of things that were wrong with it. Every time I hit a pot hole, Phillips head screws fell out from the dash and the cheap fiberglass headliner. One day a truck passed me in the snow, and slush hit my windshield. The wipers just stopped, and didn't work again.

I had traded my 62 Studebaker GT Hawk (great car) on the Mustang, and I really had buyers remorse. I went back to the dealer in about 3 days and wanted my Hawk back. They said that one of their mechanics had already bought it and he wasn't going to give it back.

I traded the Mustang in 6 months for a 67 Olds 442.

24. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

i went against my better judgment and bought a toyota pick up once. worst vehicle i ever drove or owned! fell apart within six months and got lousy gas mileage to boot! couldnt get rid of that hot potato fast enough! ill take the worst american car any day over that japanese junk!

25. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

96 F-150 ...two convertors, two sets of tires, front end job twice...traded it as the alternator died.

26. :eek: A Fiat 600. Wound up giving it to a frend for his kids to play in. Fix It Again Tony.

27. 1957 Chevy hardtop, powerpack, etc. Absolutly the worst mechanical device I've ever owned! Close second was a non-HAMB TR-6.
    I still don't like tri 5 chevies 40 years later.

28. butch27

butch27

Some year POS Pontiac Tempest. Just a weird engineered (car?)

29. Ebert

Ebert

Damn I am embarrassed to admit this...but I had an '81 Chevette....what a POS and I would rather walk than drive it now....but like many of us, these POSs got us to and fro!!!!

Ebert

30. Krylon King

Krylon King

1978 Chevette 4 door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.