Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Indy convoy to the Hunnert Car Pileup 08

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lindross, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Well, after seeing a post or 12 pop up on the Hunnert Car I realized that we only have 3-4 weeks until show time. Time for the annual Indy convoy to the Hunnert Car!! We'll be heading out Friday (10th) roughly 10:00AM ish from Bubba's Hot Rod Shop. I'll update time as we get a bit closer but this has worked well, so why mess with it I guess. :D

Let me know if you don't know how to get to Bubba's. Google 30G Gasoline Alley in Indy and you can't miss it.

Lunch at the Truck Stop in Kentland and we cruise over 24 from there to 47 and up we go. Nice leisurely cruise. That's how we roll. :cool: Bubba's back in this year so that means there might even be an antique mall stop. :D

Good things happen when you travel in numbers. Last year we had a parking lot blowout to get Gators shock fixed up to limp in to the show.

2. silent rick

silent rick

not us hoosiers from nw indiana. we blast down I80 doing 80 and playing bumper tag all the way there.

3. Cadillac Bob

Cadillac Bob
    from The Region

80mph ?, I thought because no one had a working speedo, we just always assumed we were doing the speed limit....

4. What's a speedometer? :D

5. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Spoons And Stretch are in!!! I guess we'll be leaving here @ 8:00 am.............:eek:

6. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

I'm just trying to find somebody who needs a ride from Chicago in case I need a push. :)

7. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Ok i need to get a few miles on the simple T and actually road test to check how fast it will run.
    The car can run above 60 mph but that may or may not be the comfortable thing to do for a few hours etc.
    Looking at the past years we do a 200 mile ride to the hundred and usually stop three times etc on the way. With the T i need one more stop, approx every 50 miles . Leave Indy stop in Layafette, travel to Kentland stop at the dinner for lunch etc, take 28 over to 47 (forrest i think) take another stop and on into Morris.
    Whats the crew think?? Any cool places in layafette ??? On hwy 52 ...hambers ????

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ohh man, now i need to build a 2000 pound t...just so i can call it the SIMPLE TON... fits me to a ..well, T!!!!! :)
    hope i can make it up to hang with you guys!!!!

9. Leg one usually lands us in Kentland for lunch. ~100 miles from Bubbas.
    Leg two takes us across 24 to Forrest, IL. ~70 miles
    Leg three takes us home up 47 to Morris. ~40 miles

I'm sure we could stop somewhere between Bubba's and Kentland, but Lafayette would be pretty soon.

10. Little over 2 weeks. Got your cars ready. Hope to have another great group make the haul like previous years. Shade over 200 miles and what we consider to be the best route to the Hunnert leaving out of Indy.

11. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Don't forget the Woodford... I'm going to need a bottle!

12. We'll have to bring 2 again since that's what everyone polished off last year... :eek:

13. Wowcars

Wowcars

I'll just meet you there. :D

14. Well if you insist on taking the easy way there. :rolleyes::D

15. Here's our route for the Hunnert. We've ran this route the last 3 years and have loved it. I know all the guys/gals that made the haul with us last year really enjoyed this route as well.

Google link.

16. Wow, it's finally Hunnert car week!! Just a reminder that we're meeting up at Bubba's at 10AM and leaving promptly at 10:30AM. We're gonna have a good group and Bubba's determined to take the "Simple T" to the pileup just cause he hasn't seen anyone attempt it yet. So we'll be throttled back a bit as to not beat that T up too much. :D Gonna be a nice leisurely cruise and hope to see ya there!

Weather is still looking kinda sketchy as far as when the rain might hit, but I can't remember the last show that the weather has kept us away from. :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  17. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

i guess ill just have to see ya guys there. im rolling down 30 all the way.

18. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

I'm only 60 miles north of Morris so when I call on the side of the road, you'll be able to come get me, right? :)

19. camargma

camargma

lindross, shoot some moons for me k??? hahahaa

20. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

1/2 leg and partial shoe....Dayton to Bubbas, 109 miles.....:D

21. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Whooo Hooo!!!

I'm gettin f%ckin pumped!!!!:):(:confused::mad::p;):D:eek::rolleyes::cool::eek::eek::eek:

22. Heck yeah!! You and Stefan coming!

23. Well... I guess if we have too. :p:D

24. :):phey we got 2 cars coming from new york city dam acouple more days:D:D

25. VonDust

VonDust

I'll be leaving in the Desoto after work friday (around 6:00). Taking 74 out to 47 into Morris. I hope the car does well after racing the hell out of it last weekend. See ya there in about three hours.

26. I'm driving up to the Hunert from Indy... Sat about 6am, in my Van,,,comming back after lunch...
    Got room if anyone wants a free ride. Love to have company...

27. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

Hey HotRodEd! Will you let me wear your jacket again? We can go steady for a couple of hours I suppose. haha

28. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

Maria and Stefan have a wedding to go to so they won't be comin' :(

29. I was kinda hoping you wanted to wear my jacket again think we can take a couple of pictures together too. proof that there are hot babes in indiana and they actaully associate with me oops illinois

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  30. TheLindsey

TheLindsey

ha! Indiana.... pssh