Register now to get rid of these ads!

almost shook the hand of doom!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt55bc, Sep 24, 2008.

1. sorry to hear about the accident but at least you are ok...

2. Wow, what a way to start your day. You're gonna be sore! I'm realy glad you're able to tell the tale. Keep an eye on everything though, sometimes things take time to show up. Like others have said, go get a good lawyer and do exactly what he says. If she was insured you'll have to have a lawyer to get them to do the right thing.

I try real hard not to hate anyone but, I can't help hating people who drive drunk, (or doped up.) One pleasent Autumn afternoon a few years back, I got hit from behind sitting on my bike behind a car at a red light. Bitch was going 60 and never slowed down. Flipped me up in the air and I got to watch in slo-mo as my old Z1 got accordioned between two cars. I landed on my belly on top of her car and ended up looking right at her through her windshield as I slowly slid to the ground. The whole thing was so surreal! The cop said she was a couple of times over the limit on the drunk test and witnesses saw her eat a hand full of pills before she got out of her car. Damn tweeker! I have never been hit in a hot rod but I built that bike from the frame up and rode it every day. I put so many miles on that old hoss.
    Good luck and keep moving.

3. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

that's not being a dick man, that's holding others accountable and being a good human being.

chopt-glad you made it out safe. now take that stupid bitch for everything she's worth and DO NOT let her get her license back if you can at all help it. we all need to do more to make sure people drive safer.

4. bigken

bigken

Holy Sh*t man, that sounds brutal. Glad you came out as well as you seemed too. Someone upstairs ain't done with you yet.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

If she drove across all those lawns check to see how many kids live in the houses, this could have been much worse.

6. roddinron

roddinron

I hate lawyers and lawsuits, but I hate drunk drivers even more, especially when they're drunk at 7 am!! Do us all a favor, and sue her for everything she's got so she can't drive again, is your neck and back hurting yet?;)

7. A-Wall

A-Wall

glad to hear you're ok! really shitty about your truck tho. stupid bitch!

8. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

saw the truck last night, dudes lucky to be alive! friggin truck is destroyed, looks like it got hit by a train. hopefully he'll get some pics up. saw him a little while ago, not movin' around to good, a little slow motion, going back to the doctor today. hope he gets better soon, i need somebody to wet sand this '54 merc, cause sure as fuck, i ain't doin it!!!! just kiddin.........

9. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Dude, very glad to hear you walked away from this. Last time I saw someone get thrown out of car, the outcome was really bad.

Bummer about your truck and I hope that broad gets bitch slapped with the book and chair!

I highly suggest getting a St. Christophers medal in your next ride! :)

10. Jeeezzz...I hope that Newspaper guy in Allentown, PA doesn't hear about this.

Now seriously, glad you came out of this OK. Take the advise most have given...lawyer up and get your due. Trouble is, most 7:00 AM drunks usually don't have a pot to piss in.

11. so you lived.. good, but your ride needs looking after , you NEED to build another one, any parts still good on your old ride? use em! screw the injuries, the ride is more important!! or do you only have blood flowing in your veins? WALK IT OFF! get a wrench in your hand and start turning it!... think of it as " rehabilitation ".

AM I RIGHT!?

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

Glad you're OK.... but to the "whoever was watching me" comment, I think of it like this. If your momma gave you a present at your birthday party you wouldn't thank "whoever", you'd thank momma. Go give the proper thanks big dad, there's more where it came from.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

"almost shook the hand of doom"

while what happened isn't funny at all.. that line there is.

14. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

good to hear you're ok.

here's some info on posting pics:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229790

15. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Sorry to hear dude thats bs. Hopefully you can get the truck fixed after the its all done with. Thankfully your okay and she didn't kill anyone.

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Guess there's ONLY one and it sure as hell wasn't Satan...he'd have taken you right then. Thank the correct person for "watchin' over you."

Glad to hear you are OK...and as for "almost" shaking the hand of doom"...I'd say you did and he let you slip out of his grasp...

R-

17. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

im drunk and its 11:28am in Texas. Glad to hear you made out alive.

18. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

As the guy that crashed the motorcycle at 243mph at Bonneville this year learned, it's not flying through the air, landing or skidding across the ground that kills you...it's hitting something that doesn't move. You need to thank God you didn't hit a tree, mailbox or the curb when you flew out of the truck. And be greatful you didn't land on your neck, too.

As for her? I agree with what was said already--Lawyer up, go after her, and make it your job to make sure the courts give her some real consequences.

-Brad

19. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

nah, your no dick! i already told my lawyer i want her kids to grow up poor!!!

20. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

dont take "whoever"the wrong way.i lost my dad a few monthes ago and we lost my girls mom to cancer a few weeks ago, so between god my dad and my girlfriends mom, somebody was watchin over me.

21. joes54woodchevy

joes54woodchevy

Glad to here your okay, man some people just don't use their heads.
    Its not her first time you can bet on that.

22. rusty48

rusty48

Don't tell nobody your OK,and see that lawyer.

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

IF you've read either of my first two books, you'd realize that I too, have "someone" watching over me when I go rod running, or on a daily basis...however, not to start a religious argument...that "someone" is being directed by the Supreme being...God...and that's the FIRST person I thank whenever I get out of close scrapes...

I'm sorry you've lost close people, it certainly sounds like you've had more than your share of losing people lately, perhaps that has come to a close now. One can only ask for that to end.

R-

24. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Man that sounds like a pretty scary memory. Rather it be a memory than someone telling the story at your funeral.
    Glad youre alive.
    Now go build another truck. :)

25. 3Mike6

3Mike6

Lottery tickets...buy lots of them;)

26. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Can't wait to see the pics, since everyone is ok. Glad you are here to tell the crazy story.
    Heal up soon.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

27. tjm73

tjm73

Alcoholics are drunk at 7am. I'd be willing to wager this is not her first DWI.

This is a situation where a lawyer may be worth having so that you can ensure she repays every dollar to replace your truck and to mak esure you have no permanent injuries you have to live with for the rest of your life. Also I would look into punitive damages and recouping any and all legal fees.

28. PoPo

PoPo

I hate drunk drivers also, and 7 AM, thats nothing I have processed people for OWI at 11 AM, yes not even noon yet. Lady was three times the limit.

Glad your ok, and hope you can replace your truck soon. Dont let them cheap out on you either.

JC

29. 32PlymouthGirl

32PlymouthGirl

Glad you are ok and able to talk about it... It's also a good thing you were driven your steel ride and not the plastic/fiberglass modern day car... I think there would have been a different outcome.

30. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Damn.. I almost got hit riding to school, some girl in a Honda talking on her cellphone made a right, running a red (and past a bus lane too, she must've been thrown too much as a baby), and came at me at about 40, and I braked fast enough to give her the finger.. Atleast you don't have to deal with good old Los Angeles driving...

Now where are those pictures?