Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamber's who surf.....Roll Call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Farmer, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Just wondering who all else surfs out there...and where's your local spot? Norcal is mine, anywhere from Marin County to Monterey is where i roam, but mainly around Pacifica-Santa Cruz area. here's a pic at the beach with the Little Dude, my '62 Ranchero- pre surf.

Attached Files:

2. I do a little surfing here on the East coast.
    The time of year and temps are limiting factors here.
    Might have to give in to buying a wet suit this fall, not many warm days left now.
    I surf in Wells Maine at Moody Beach and York Beach has some great surf too. There are some good surf schools in that area also.
    I'm told that Sallsbury and Hampton further South down in Mass. and N.H. are pretty good spots but I havent tried it myself there yet.
    I'm pretty new to surfing so I still dont own a nice board yet.
    I've been renting boards this summer and using a crappy old short board I have.
    I'm saving some money presently to eventually buy me a new 9 foot long board.
    I'm told that's a good beginers board.
    It is the next best thing to hot rodding! (Cheaper too ).

3. GlenC

GlenC

Bought my first malibu in 1963. Surfed all up and down the east coast of Australia for most of my life, putting my last surfboard on Ebay tonight.

I'm not giving up completely, I do still have a boogie board in the garage. but too many hours at work over the last several years mean I'll be a 'newbie' when I do get wet again this coming summer.

Oh yeah, I live on the Gold Coast now, miles of beaches, home to the Aussie Indy 300 next month.

Cheers, Glen.

4. ive been surfing since i was eight years old-might want to check out the surfers social group

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008

5. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I would love to but I would definately fall off my board. Then most likely drown. Not the most coordinated soul am I.

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Spent some time on that beach in Surfers Paradise.....named very well....paradise !!

7. Does surfing the internet count??????????????

8. 31whitey

31whitey

just got back from the beach....every day, rain or shine same routine....I call it structure.

rainy and getting cold....Fall is coming at Wrightsville Beach...I cant wait

I love this time of year here....nor easters keep the waves big...NO CROWDS...

4/3 psycho waiting...and a 6/4 hooded for the colder mornings....

just getting ready to order a STRETCH f4 fin....

hope to move to nor- cal shortly.....

9. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

Been surfing since I was 16, the same time I was able to drive myself to Dania Beach (S. FL) everyday. Now I live in Wisconsin, where I hear I can surf the Lake but it wouldn't be the same, Fresh water surfing? C'mon!! I still have my board hanging in my living room. Went to Costa Rica in April and surfed a little, talk about paradise.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Haven't surfed in a few years, well ok close to 20... But Hatteras was my favorite. Bunch of buddies down there that still try and get me to come down. Being 2 hours from
    the closest beach and 5 from the good stuff kind of gets in the way.

11. I go every chance I get. Mostly at Atlantic Beach, Indian Beach or Emerald Isle but occasionally I'll take the boat to Cape Lookout or Shackleford Banks depending on wind direction. I

12. I try to get to Hatteras a couple of times each year usually spring and fall. I'm thinking the second week of Oct. this year.

13. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here you go Rob...I can't imagine much better

[​IMG]

14. Started surfing in 1971 when we moved to Corona Del Mar (Newport Beach) Would hit Little Corona almost every morning before school, bunch of us would come in to class in board shorts and Tee's , hair still dripping wet. If the Wedge was breaking, we'd skip school after lunch. Actually had surfing for PE class!
    Haven't been out in a while now, here's the little surf wagon Comet just before shipping it to New Zealand earlier this year, to a guy who lives on the beach on the North Island.
    [​IMG]

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I was in the Navy and stationed in Long Beach. I got tired of watching guys surf and decided to try it. After nearly drowning twice, I left it alone, but I still love to watch. I've seen it from a lot of different places, but by far, Hawaii's north shore kicked ass!

16. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Surfed when I was a kid... Military brat. Lived in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Okinawa Japan, Hawaii, and South Carolina. Other places too, but those were the ones with the beaches.

Hadn't been on a board in 20 years untll last summer on vacation in Florida. Got to talking with some locals and one of them let me take his out for a spin. I did manage to catch a couple waves, but I'm afraid that my "big" ass will need a long board if I'm ever going to get back into it..... Picked up a few pounds over the years. :D

17. you suck- i am quitting my job and moving in with you!

18. slepe67

slepe67

9'2" longboard

jsut learning...gas prices got me pissed, so I parked the dirt bikes...$150 a day to ride the damn things...can't believe that I have lived within 1/4 mile from the Gulfof Mexico for 5 years, and am JUST learning to surf...

19. LongFord

LongFord
    BANNED

i surf.....the sidewalk....sk8 and destroy!!

20. been awhile...but tourmaline and san onofre...swore when I got my 54 wagon done that it would give me an excuse to get back out...spraying color this week...uh oh time to get in shape, lose the belly, and get back out there

21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I grew up in Encinitas (N. San Diego). Swamis was the place to be. Too crowded now. This is not me, but this is a good day at Swamis...

[​IMG]

22. Drove past Swamis the other day...might have to go back soon

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

24. KIRK!

KIRK!

I haven't surfed for a LONG time, but I was on the surf team at my high school (Edison). My stomping ground was Huntington Beach (Surf City USA). The pier to tower 7 was the official area for our side of town, but we went to Plants (Edison Power Plant) a lot too.

I did hit Trestles a lot too. Up on the cliff is Coast Guard property. We'd camp up there because my dad was in the Coast Guard. Weird factoid: the property next door was Richard Nixon's house.

I actually always liked bodysurfing the Wedge better than anything though.

25. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Been Ridin since I was 8 yrs old, Favorite spots "The hook" 41st Ave East side Santa Cruz or "sewers" and "rock view" at the end of Pleasure point, Winter is coming! and so are the overhead/ double overhead sets!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  26. Jay71

Jay71

Been surfing for 25 years+. Still check it everyday. I can see the point (C-Street) from my work. Love traveling up and down the coast surfing different spotss. For me, its a great way to clear your head and escape for a bit, although the crowds have made that a little more dificult. Family, old tin, and surfing, if I can combine all 3 I'm happy!

27. newstranger

newstranger

You NorCal surfers are nuts!!! It's WHITEY SEASON!!!!!!

Here's a pic from Ocean Beach about a week or so ago:

Attached Files:

28. Hodad

Hodad

Does body surfing count? My turf is Scarborough Beach Maine.. they don't call me Hodad for nothing!

29. 31whitey

31whitey