Register now to get rid of these ads!

billetproof 08 pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evil1, Sep 21, 2008.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/SIZE]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

hmmmm first time I looked they went sideways.

3. ratman

ratman

Cool pics thanks for taking the time to post them.

4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bigger than ever and more street rods than ever a bunch of lowriders with 13 inch wheels and some rat rod crap and dont get me started on the 1965 and up class.... to bad the guys at the gate cant say no....bigger dose not mean better.... unless your the guy collecting all the $$$$ Billet Proof is still a great show it just sucks to see it get so BIG

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  5. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics dude, thanks for sharing!

6. brewsir

brewsir

bigger than ever and more street rods than ever a bunch of lowriders with 13 inch wheels and some rat rod crap and dont get me started on the 1965 and up class.... to bad the guys at the gate cant say no....bigger dose not mean better.... unless your the guy collecting all the $$$$ Billet Proof is still a great show it just sucks to see it get so BIG[/QUOTE]

Wow..little harsh there...we turned away a bunch of billet laden cars.. I think there were about 5 or 6 cars past the cutoff date that we let in (one 66 nova with a beautiful young lady and a low halter top....OK I'm a sucker ) Yes...I agree with the more lowriders deal. That bugged me too but how about you figure out the difference between a lowrider and a custom...there is a very fine between the two. Don't like it then don't stop and look at it.
    We get there at 6 or 6:30 depending on how good the party the nite before was....next year feel free to meet me at the front gate and you can be the asshole turning away all the cars you don't like.

7. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Thanks for sharing the pictures, i thing the Meteor car is awesome, wish he would polish out all that aluminum though. looks like a great time.

8. roadduster54

roadduster54

Thank you for the great pictures:D

9. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

great pics ..thanks for posting them

10. Sorry if you feel my observation was harsh i know how much fun it is to run a gate at a large show. Like i said it is still a great show. There seems to be a harsh new direction for Billetproof and it dose not look like its going to get any better just bigger… no big deal I will probably be back next year and if I can be up by 6am I will wear a shirt that says ASS HOLE and help out with the gate…

11. Choptop

Choptop

the rules are the same, the people running the gate are the same, their instructions are the same.

if there is any change its in the eye of the beholder.

12. Spedley

Spedley

Great pics, Thanks!!
    Did anyone else notice the decals on the rpu(????) with the cragars and flames look like sperm??? Cum Dumpster a good name for that one??

13. LoSoto

LoSoto

Wow! Some amazing stuff there!. Thanks for posting...I've said it before, with all these great pics, it almost feels like I was there even though I am so far away!

14. Gator

Gator

Thanks for the great pics, gotta make it out there someday.

15. 68wagon

68wagon

thanks for the great pics love the 59 wagon with the caddy caps

16. Flipside

Flipside
    from land of oz

great shots evil1 :D

17. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

Actually it was a 67 Nova.

18. brewsir

brewsir

I was distracted...sorry.

19. john walker

john walker

any pics of that distraction?

20. As for the wrong cars getting in trust me you have no idea what its like at the gate in the morning, you think you do but trust me you don't . At one point I had walked all the way down to the light just trying to get people not to clog up the street and pull over to the curb. Some people have trouble handling that.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  21. nice pics, but isn't that a billet insert in the '58/9 Chevy P/U?

22. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

ARE PEOPLE CAPABLE OF HAVING A GOOD TIME ANYMORE?

its a fucking car show.
    there will always be cars you DO and DONT like. deal with it. the people running this show BUST THEIR ASSES to put on this show, and instead of all the bullshit like " next year ill show up and work the gate and i'll wear a shirt with ASS HOLE on it" or "it doesnt matter to the people collecting the $$$" or anything so negative, how about putting a POSITIVE spin with your critisism? if there is something you REALLY had a problem with why not get in touch personaly and try to resolve your issue. alan and the whole billetproof family who put the show on are by far THE MOST DOWN TO EARTH REAL PEOPLE i have ever met and i know theyd listen to anything resonable that anyone put their way to try and improve apon with the show.

OR MAYBE PEOPLE CANT JUST ENJOY A SHOW BECUASE ALL THEY CAN DO IS FOCUS ON THEIR OWN NEGATIVITY AND RUIN IT FOR THEMSELVES. you dont need to ruin it for others.

i guess complaining about car shows is the next big trend....

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

any more of this green Galaxie? Wow.

[​IMG]

24. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

The best way to keep a car show small and exclusive is to keep quiet about it. Once it's posted on the Internet and touted (and perceived) as cool then it's all downhill from there. If you want a quiet little show with just you and your buddies and a certain kind of car/era/style and no others then you gotta' keep it quiet.

25. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

I sent alan a pm yesterday. Told him That I had a good time. He replied. problem solved. I will be there next year, same as I will be @ the good guys show in november. just cause I didn't like some things about the show doesn't mean that I'm going to sit it out. I go for the cars. Not to be a part of some cool scene..

26. flamingdeath

flamingdeath

I have basically the same photo from a slightly different angle showing most of the Galaxie. Now that I'm looking, I'm mad I didn't take a pic of the Ford itself. :mad: 200 pictures and I didn't get this one!? It's really nice.
    [​IMG]