Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Scottsdale West World or ARIZONA state fairgrounds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeem, Sep 16, 2008.

1. D.SCOTT

D.SCOTT

Considering that this is a traditional hot rod site, good guys is a joke anyways.they would never move west of snottsdale. Might scare somebody right out of their lawn chair! I respect all cars, enthusiasts and shows, but before good guys had their 'rat rod' section, they would just as soon kicked our type of cars out of the place. I know, they did it to me. Sorry guys, no disrespect, but i honestly know that it would never happen

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

Uh, yeah.

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Even type written words can hurt.....

Hahahahahaaaa

4. Dan, didn't you get kicked out for doing a donut on the infield?

;)

5. bostonmike

bostonmike

As long as there ain't no mexican mama on the corner we will be ok right jim haha ......oh wait there is always a mexican mama on the corner

6. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

HAHAHHAAAAHHAHAhhahaahhaahhahaaaaaa

Sî.:)

7. Mike

Mike

Only Jerry can get away with making crop circles at Goodguys.:)

8. Mike

Mike

Hey Daniel, I always manage to have a good time at the GG show. I just pay no never mind to the cars that don't interest me and the slapped ass nonsense (like monster school bus rides and one man bands playing Monkees tunes) that goes on.

Last year there were over 2000 cars in the show, even if 3/4 of them are un-interesting crap, that still leaves 500 cars worth looking at. Where else in Arizona are you gonna find a show with 500 interesting cars? The swap meet is always good, I manage to find lotsa good junk. Smuggle in a cooler full of High Life and samiches and have a good time with your freinds.

If you go to any event expecting it to suck, it most likely will suck for you. If you go to any event looking to have a good time, you will probably find a way to have a good time.

9. " one man bands playing Monkees tunes " ? Damn, I missed that part of the show.... the fairgrounds would be cool, and maybe a nice change.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  10. Damn me too!!!! metalshapes must be bummed about missing them also :D

11. M.D.

M.D.

Having grown up in PHX I too think this is a cool idea.

12. GreggAz

GreggAz

Jeem would still get lost, The other day he made a left into PHX college, instead of a right into my neighborhood... I think if he is on his phone he can get lost on his own street.

;)

on a different down town note, the second weekly cruise central will be this sat evening, last week was worth attending, so if you are in the area stop by Park Central.

13. KARASKUSTOMS

KARASKUSTOMS
    from Mesa, AZ

Got any more info on this, like where you will be gathering, I have a couple guys that are interested, everybody's got cabin fever because of the heat you know.

14. jerry

jerry

Park Central.

jerry

15. GreggAz

GreggAz

Park Central Mall is on Central, just south of Osborn on the west side.

it started about 6 PM last week.

16. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hey KARASKUSSTOMS, is that Fred Hidalgo's bug in your avatar?
    The best "volksrod" ever, save for maybe Fullerton's original T/VW....

Now, where was I?

17. KARASKUSTOMS

KARASKUSTOMS
    from Mesa, AZ

Yeah, good eye.

18. Grunion

Grunion

How many people showed up? and was there any problem with security? I wasn't told till about 6 sat night, that is was going on.

19. Hii Mike,, cooler full of High Life`s,, whish I could be there,,,,

Lars

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Some of the old timers can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was the Coliseum where Hendrix actually opened up for the Monkees.

Where's Jerry, I know he'd sign on here to show his approval.
    The closest gig I've seen at the Fairgrounds is the Low Rider show and the Off Road Expo thing. Wonder if KIRK! found out the problem or issue was/is.

KIRK! ?!

21. D.SCOTT

D.SCOTT

nope, wasnt me that did the donut, im not that guy. i seriously would never do that. it was obvious that i didnt , and i was still treated like shit. thats why i hold a grudge. and yes, i admit, i do hold a grudge. and mike, you know i definitely respect your opinion. ill stop cryin' now

22. Hip2bsquare

Hip2bsquare
    from Gilbert,AZ

Jeem... remember when we talked to Fred @ So-Cal open house... Cooooooooooool MF'er!!!

Attached Files:

23. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

There is a lot of people dying to get in there.

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hahahahahhaaaaaaaaa
    I don't get it?!
    Maybe that's why there is a fence around the place.

Chris, remember seeing Fred's car at the 1st GNRS in Pomona and it had the black steel wheels and slicks and the black powdercoated 12 spokes? I couldn't stop looking at it.

I don't know what he's up to now, haven't talked with him in 2 years....

OH YEAH, AZ FAIRGROUNDS. Here's an idea......2 events. Start the 2nd one slowly at the fairgrounds, make sure the 2nd event is no later than March (gettin' warm by then).....I'm sure the 2 event deal has been brought up by GGs before. What's the latest on that front?

25. maybe a 2nd event in tucson.....there's even a chapter of the Over the Hill Gang to host......

26. teach'm

teach'm
    from Tucson, AZ

Jeem,

Goodguys Scottsdale was held twice a year (Spring and Fall) during the first 3 or 4 years of its existence. Since the switch to one show per year, the event has become much larger, and seems to attract a better selection of cars from outside the Southwest region as well.

While we are on the subject, I vote a big NO on moving the event to Glendale (Cardinals stadium), and NO to adding a Tucson event as well. Rows and rows of cars parked on asphalt would not be an improvement in my opinion.

-Ryan

27. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah Ryan, I know it was twice a year for a while, I've been to 'em ALL, and a BIG AGREEMENT to the rows and rows of asphalt parking, the Westworld deal is AT LEAST rows and rows in the grass and dust. The fairgrounds has asphalt, but the layout would be the selling point.

Oh, Chris, whudder you on the DAILY AVATAR system or something? Today's (Sep 21 sunday) is a big WINNER!! My congratulations to the parents!

28. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

I visit the place..... i buried my mom there in 1975.

Some of the neighborhood area right near the Fairgrounds is not something I would call historic or in great shape. Now if you go east a bit to the Encanto park and historic district there are many nice homes restored or under renovation. This area was also heavily damaged in the recent storms as was the Encanto park & golf course.

The area around the fairgrounds is heavy industrial to the west past the railroad tracks and many metal scrap yards have moved in too.

I work west of the fairgrounds at 23rd and McDowell rd.

:D

29. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

why does this have to be a GG event?
    here's an idea. spring -ish to counter the "winter" GG event, before the heat rolls in . . . why not a 'southwest HAMB' thing? kinda somthing like the LA roadsters, but without the roadsters? huge swap meet, huge 'speacialized' parking (car show). maybe throw in a *featured* decade/ style/ era/ manufacturer/ club . . . whatever (can change year to year), a-la Pebble Beach?

just throwing out ideas like those sketche . ..er, nevermind.:D

30. GreggAz

GreggAz

Jeem and I have kicked this idea around, the hard part,is the time to organize it

and you think its hard to get work out of Jeem now! just think if he were organizing a show?