Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs * cadillac cruisers *

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruiser, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser

Lets post some of the HAMB's cool cruising Cadillac's. * Lets see them *.... Here are two of my favorite '49 Caddys Rick Dore's fantastic hardtop, a '49 Cadillac Sedanette from a couple of years back. The other Caddy is a personal favorite of mind my '49 Caddy from 2006 Paso, the next time you see my Caddy it'll be very, very black and a cool cruiser. Thanks everyone......................... ,

Attached Files:

dana barlow likes this.
  2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

are you coming up for Billetproof? :confused:

3. This 48 Caddy was built by a friend of mine,Tim Kennedy. It was his first chop too! Someone else owns it now.

Attached Files:

4. Cruiser

Cruiser

Can't make it this year will be out of the country tell late October. My Cad won't be ready tell January when, I get back and get on top of things.
    Have a cool time at the show and fill me in on it. Plan to come your way for two shows next year and stay with Flathead (Dave M.) Mr. Pro..........

CRUISER :cool:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008

5. john walker

john walker

IMG_0697.JPG 1DSC02420.jpg 345.jpg IMG_0292.jpg IMG_0772 (Medium).JPG IMG_2348.jpg IMG_2346.jpg my 49 sedanette, 45K miles. bought it as a rolling bare body from a guy that took it apart and then had 2 kids. somebody had to do it. no rust at all. the white 50 convert was a 61 series hardtop. 61 series was a short wheelbase, short trunklid, small rear fender skirt model that wasn't offered in a convert. should look pretty cool. i have a 500 engine sitting in it right now, but may use a stock 331 instead. i got a 53 convert donor rustbucket and used all the convert rear inner structure and trim on it, not done yet. the red 50 was sold several tears ago. the woody was a 49 buick, buick/olds/cad shared bodies, so it was the natural thing to do. it has a 49 cad frame and running gear and will look like the factory did it when it's done. been a long time building it because i can't seem to stay on one project at a time. the black 49 convert and another 49 convert i've had since 1974 will together make one good car. this one has serious rust in spite of what it looks like.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    dana barlow likes this.
  6. Cruiser

Cruiser

1. John Walker what a fantastic group of Cadillacs. Your Mr.Caddy for sure......

2. That's a very cool cruiser posted by 29 bowtie..........

Thanks guys

** Keep the Cadillacs coming come on HAMBERS post your pride and joy **

7. john walker

john walker

a friend just got this 49 convert. it was under a tent in a field for 25 years. the tent floor was thick bark, which kept it from rusting out. a little old lady owned it almost since it was new. he got it running with just a fuel system cleansing and a tuneup.

Attached Files:

8. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

MY CHOPPED 57 ELDO SEVILLE, Lots of other mods that most will never catch. coming out in street rodder soon. and then on to detroit rock city !!

Attached Files:

Mahty likes this.
  9. That's one sick fuckin Caddy!!!! Love it!

10. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

oh' and I need to add.......................as seen thru the lens of sean F*&%in Johnstun, all around badass

11. Cruiser

Cruiser

finkd that's one very cool looking cruiser the color looks very nice. Congradutions on Street Rodder thing, be cool and cruise, cruise, cruise..........................

Keep the Caddy's coming the thread is looking good................

12. Caddyq

Caddyq

Heres mine. '56 Coupe. Stock 365 but I've got some ideas for it later. Got a bad rod bearing though so I think I'm going to give it a full rebuild soon. Who is a caddy engine pro in So Cal? Already got a Turbo 400 after the original went out for the last time. Already Rewired it. I gotta get some suspension work too. I've got about 1" travel in the front and I'm tired of the front end hopping like a lowrider. After some minor stuff and I'll be back on the road. Whose good at chopping these tops here in So Cal?

Attached Files:

• cad.jpg
      cad.jpg
      File size:
      65.7 KB
      Views:
  13. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

HAUL IT TOO KANSAS!!! I will chop it for you. you will save enough money on the labor difference to pay for your efforts, I chopped my 57 everything works windows all roll up and down and it has wing vents that work. all stainless is very nicely done, and my glass guy can cut the windshield down and not have to have one custom made. I got to tell you I looked at some other caddy that was chopped by some big namers, the trim work was terrible, no wingvents, windows didn't work, I was not impressed, so in my opinion was not a sucessfull chop, yet these cars get lots of attention. I can do you a nice job, I think I have to try harder cause I don't have the name, yet.

14. Caddyq, step abck and look at your coupe again. How would taking any out of the top make that elegant black car better?

Be very careful about who you let mess with that Caddy engine. There are lots of people who can screw it up.

Cool car...

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

OK...here's three out of Denver...'54 on the left (w/flames), '55 in the middle (just put on the street) and '56 (with Cruiser skirts) on the end...and vice-versa for the second shot...

R-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Roger, what's the story on the rear bumper on the '54? It looks like Jet Hot Coat...

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Powder coated..for now, and better than the rust that was on it. Chrome is way tooooooooo expensive...for now...!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

R-

18. Maryjane, owned by fellow hamb'er 'WILLIES PLACE'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 29 de soto

29 de soto

My 55 caddy.just now gettin it on the road.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lo c dan likes this.
  20. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Schraders speed and style

Do a search on HAMB, they are the best.

Brian

21. Cruiser

Cruiser

Here's a pix of my friends '48 Caddy Sedanette with some fine custom touches. A very cool ride.............

Attached Files:

22. Caddyq

Caddyq

Chili Phil,
    I don't wan to do any big chop on it and I don't want to chop it for the sake of saying "I have a chopped car" but to my eye the stainless trim at the top of the windows stays parallel to the ground while the tops of the doors angle down as they move to the back of the car. So to my eye the windows or window opening gets larger toward the back of the car. Idealy I'd only like to take the bac of the roof down and inch or inch and a half to make the tops of the window opening parallel with the door tops. Too much thinking?
    Thanks for the tips on Schraders.
    Hey Finkd, I know what Caddy youre talking about with the windows not working...that dissappointed me too. If I get out to Kansas I'll let you know man.
    29 De soto, I kept up on the air bag work on your car, just wondering how's the ride?
    Thanks folks
    Jeremy

23. Cruiser,
    Can't wait to see the big Cad slow -low and black! You need to get back and get on it man. Take care, Rags

24. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

any of you fellas have a 3-2, or 4-2 intake for my 390? If so PM me..can't find one..

Jerry

25. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

I'm glad I'm not a "big name". My trim is not the best, no wing vents and my side windows are there but not hooked up. I thought my Caddys chop looked pretty good until I hear you guys blasting it. My car was on a budget and thats the style I was looking for.

Brian

26. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

My mostly stock and weathered '49 fastback.... a nor cal import

Attached Files:

27. americanautomoving

americanautomoving
    from Miami, Fl.

great thread.. i love me some caddy's!

28. Rikster

Rikster

A friend of mine is working on this 1941 Coupe...

[​IMG]

29. jlouie

jlouie

nice stuff. guess i should have looked for something older

30. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

And I think it has got the right look here! :)

Mikael

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008