Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

Is a great moment to find cars and stuff...looks many new cars are poppin up,and even without erfforts and look much at them are really comin TO me...insane!!so much fun here...
    You said more pics???yeah,they are comin soon....you'll see more lovely crap

2. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Well,as said cars are coming to me recently...i received a phone call just after midnight yesterday and was a buddy of me that was lettin me know that after many try outs he finally get the owner of this 39 De luxe coupe,and he was willin to sell it...
    So,i dropped my food and start the negotiation on the phone...i did not want to pay in full at once,cause i just found couple more 3 window Fords,35/36 cars...
    So,to me the priority is to always have some spare cash for those cars,my favorites...well,OUR favorites i suppose!!
    And back and forth at almost 2AM the owner agreed to sell the car at my conditions,facility payments...
    Anybody said old patina????
    Will collect the car soon,and i have my mind concentrated to the 3w stuff...i don't think will keep this one,too many projects anyway...but i could'nt resist,what a sickness!!!

Attached Files:

3. mtlcutter

mtlcutter

GOD!! I love old junk. I need to move to Mexico.

4. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    When i got the chance i love to drive around and get lost somewhere with the only pupose to find some old cars ...well,this was an afternoon only.
    Just lookin into old barrios and stoppin by mechanics the 51 De Soto came up...
    The nice running 50 Chevy coupe was for sale and actually i'm dealin it and the caddy 56 was resting in peace....same as the Ranchero 58,too far gone!!

Attached Files:

5. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Had finally some time to update the Junk thread too...this is something very special to me!!the ultimate car that i will own,if i can convince the guy to sell it to me...
    A Zephyr 3 window coupe ,especially 38/39 are to me the best flow in a custom car...unreal lines and useless praticity,but who cares??is all about the elegance and flow...
    Sory is that a friend o mine brang me with this guy and he told me car is not for sale and is all complete and painted...so,once there with my surprise i've seen this pile of rust free junk and what a shock!!!Is just in the perfect shape for my long time desired Zephyr project...
    Even all apart but complete to the last bolt...
    Only thing is to give a car to his 8 years old son,cause the guy gave it to him!!!I would love to have a dad like this....
    Anyway,i'm workin out a plan to get this thing,one way or another...if i succed,this will be a keeper...Sled

Attached Files:

6. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    here some A stuff found...problem is in Mexico the 30's are expensive generally,due to the sentimental value they give to such cars...old "carcachas" are well printed in mexican desires,makin then not really affordable compared to the normal marker prices we know...

Attached Files:

7. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Hey look at the nosed 50 Merc with the grille made out of a bumper and bumper guards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. sled

sled

OOMack,i know the whole history of the yellow 50 Merc coupe,and the job has been done in Texas somewhere in the 80's...car has been imported from there early nineties!!
    Will post more pics soon....

9. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Also the same Zephyr guy had much more stuff at his place...this 51 Merc woodie was one of his projects...and a collection of hubcaps and rims hangin among other cool stuff...
    Ah,he told me he can sell the Merc woodie in case someone is interested...too many projects as usual....

Attached Files:

10. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    collected some parts for my cars too,always somethin interesting to pick up...the 50 Monterey steering wheel is one of my favorites and it goes to my next 40 Merc coupe custom project...the 41 convertible Ford belongs to a local friend...
    34 grill is not for sale....

Attached Files:

11. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Ok,also some more stuff for the Junk section...just found in town this 50 shoebox stored since long time!Actually the guy advertised in a local newspaper and whe i called the guy asked a quite high price..so it turned out that is a convertible...deal done quickly!Well,the guy said many people wanted to buy it later on but i was faster,yeah!!!
    Ah,i can't get enuff of Mercs...this 50 coupe is just sitting in a field since many years and some friends told me about this car just recently...they did not know the year,but only it's a Merc coupe..so off i went and here the result...made an offer already,will see...nobody will buy this thing anyway,they don't know what to do with it!! but ...I DO!!
    Actually is a lucky moment about Mercs...in 1 week time i think 6/7 of em turned out for sale,all coupes!!!So this one can wait...for now!

Attached Files:

12. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    beeing around in the countryside time ago with some other car nuts,what else we could look for??We met an old fella that used to live in US long ago and bought back to Mexico this Buick 23 roadster pickup from CA...never seen one before!!
    Buick experts,the question is?? Buick really made up such car in 23???
    In the barn some other cars such 36 Chevy and Merc 47,both coupes...they were sittin there some more cars but all 4 doors,nothin special...

Attached Files:

13. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    from the old fella this Chevy Suburban also,he said he's going to the beach often with this one fishing,and he likes to camp out there!!Reliable car!
    The other day been with another friend o mine he told me about a mechanic having some cars somewhere sitting,so he drop me with 1 guy that introduced me with the mechanic..and appears that this 57 Chevy HT project is one of his cars..not bad conds actually.Too bad he swapped the chassis for a modern Caprice one.car is for sale anyway,he has no funds to finish it...almost rust free conds!

Attached Files:

14. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Then with the guy we moved to another barrio (definately not a safe place to be) and withh my surprise he opened a garage and a Lincoln 46 Zephyr coupe showed up...man,the first one i've seen around here!I know many Continentals but Zephyrs are another story..too bad isn't a 3 window!
    Anyway he swapped the chassis against a galaxie 65 i guess with all the drivetrain...sits very low!
    The body conds was very solid too...well,was a nice day fo sho!!!

Attached Files:

15. 74stang

74stang
    from In

Well if ya come by some 49-51 Merc or Lincoln Four doors, lemme know, Also lookin for any 74 mustang II V-8's since they were only available in mexico... shoot me an email any time [email protected]:cool:

16. 74stang

74stang
    from In

Im also tryin to track down a 61 bel-air 2 dr sedan clean body..... dont need anything else just bumper to bumper body, rolling chassis what ever.

17. sled

sled

74stang,well...how many 49/51 Merc Lincolns do you want??i mean,i don't even consider 4 doors...to me are taxis!
    i know some of em around ,easy find but depends where you live cause shipping can be an issue for the fuel prices in US...
    But i'll mail you and we can talk...thanks,sled

18. americanautomoving

americanautomoving
    from Miami, Fl.

There seems to be a lot of old tin south of the border. I've heard of some really rare rides found down there.

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I'm heading down there real soon with a buddy of mine that grew up there.
    Hope to come back with a couple of cars.

20. sled

sled

Axle, i will PM you later...sled

21. shit, now i gotta go to mexico.

22. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Sounds good. Looking forward to great fishing, killer food,beer, and car hunting. A friend has a 32 cabriolet body lined up already.
    PM me Sled !

23. sled

sled

Axle,already PM'd you...check it out...sled

24. F&J

F&J

That Buick is a cut down 4 dr touring...look at the 2 step plates on the running board.

25. sled

sled

F&J,thanks for the infos..so,it was a touring (phaeton) then??Correct me if im wrong...appreciate it!

26. bellydraggin63

bellydraggin63

after looking at all 41 pages on here i still cant believe my eyes! thanks for all the great pics sled! keep em coming!!!!!

27. sled

sled

Thanx Bellydraggin,sure i will...stay tuned!!

28. sled

sled

hey fellas,did'nt had much time lately but i did found some more stuff...will post pix soon...sled

29. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

Sled....totally amazed by the cars you find.....any old Harleys? and what prices? My buddy is lookin.....

30. sled

sled

Dyce51,yeah..of course there are Harleys too,know some pans,knuckles and many shovels ..police used hd's since the 40's here all over..also there are some Indians,seen em in private collections..
    heard a story that a swedish guy in the 80's bought 100's of Hd's and exported to Scandinavia...those were good times..
    i can still old bikes but prices went up a lot...you never know what people ask,everytime is different..can't say an average price honestly!
    But i do know that i will buy a 48 Pan in stock running conds for me soon,is hidden waitin the right time...i'm more into kustoms and rods now,so the bike can wait...