Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods One in a Million Shot, find my old Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

These are the only pics I have of my 39 DeLuxe Coupe. I forgot to thank Rikster for his work on these pictures, before he redid them for me they were just 110 snapshots that had been in an envelope for 55 years and they were scratched and bent. He also cleaned them up as far as contrast & clarity.I never would have posted this without Rikster's help. Thanks Rik.

This car was built between 1953 and 1956, my buddy traded it in for a 1956 Ford Sunliner Convertible and I bought it off the lot at Knipple Selig Ford in West Allis Wi for 300 dollars. I drove it for a year and sold it in 1957 to pay for my first years college (that was wasted money, I shoulda kept the car)

The car was last seen on the far west side of Milwaukee in 1971 or 72 sitting in a driveway.

Distinctive features are

2 vacuum guages on the firewall
    Chrome heater and steering column
    Car was undercoated on every interior panel and underneath on all of the body parts.
    Flatty with Harmon & Collins dual coil ignition, 2 97's on an Edelbrock manifold, finned alum heads (I think they were Edelbrock.
    Dash was bright blue and had the ashtray's filled.

The rest is shown in the pictures.

I know this is a long shot but it seems that most old Hot Rods survive.

B:DB 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2023
  2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Good luck Bob , I hope you find it

3. A good idea posting the pics here on the HAMB.

Lots of eyes looking and more than a few searching through the memory banks.

I'm wondering why two vacuum gauges?
    I've thought of doing that just for the heck of it, but I have no real reason to monitor ported vacuum since I use manifold vacuum for the T-400 and distributor.

4. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

I bet it's painted pink with billet wheels on it somewhere.

5. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

damn bob... i know an old guy that may have an idea.. he moved from cali to hear around taht time (early 70s) and had a good ear for anything like that..

ill give him a call.. cant promise anything, but damned if i wont try!

6. maybe Titus has it...HE HAS OL STUFF JUST SITTIN AROUND WAITIN ...

7. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

maybe it's in the backyard of the house it was spotted at in 71-72?? who knows, could just be sitting back there, maybe the place is abandoned. hope you find it!

8. forty1

forty1

9. good luck on your quest...a buddy of ours out here in Ramona found his 50 chevy coupe...or I should say his wife did 33 years later and had it parked in the neighbors garage to where he could see it...he went damn that sure looks like my old chevy...walked over and said...IT IS MY OLD CHEVY!...at that point his neighbor tossed him the keys and his wife gave him a hug and said HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY...car miracles do happen and I hope it happens for you

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I've got my fingers crossed for ya Bob, and my eyes open...

11. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Good luck, you're going to need it...

12. jonnycola

jonnycola

I know of an old hot rod 39 or 40 coupe, in edgerton. Guy had/has plans of making it pro street... It's bright red, with red and white tuck and roll interior in it, unchanged since the early 60's. 283 hooked up to the stock drivetrain. I dont remember what it had for a heater or steering column. I'll PM you the contact info.

It's really badass to see pictures of that car, after hearing so much about it.

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

oh, bob, how cool would that be...

14. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

Keep the faith bro, I found mine after 20 years. Dad bought a 58 in 86, we painted it, did the interior, I drove it in HS, met my wife in it, went to prom in it. Then in 89, Dad sold it to pay for my G'Ma's funeral. I found it for sale a little over a year ago, in NJ!

Called the guy, Went to the bank, got a loan, got a plane ticket. Drove it home. Had the same damn paint on it.

One in a million.

Good luck and dont give up hope.

Cheers and beers
    Hodge

15. BTTT, for everything Bob has done for us HAMBers and the board I say we find this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. 21tat

21tat

Good luck Bob!!

17. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I truly hope you find your old ride Bob!

Good Luck Buddy....

18. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

I remember seeing a car like that somewhere around Darlington Wi in the early to mid 80's. I remember because I thought the underhood gauges were neat and I put a full set under the hood of my beater 67 Camaro way back then because of it. I couldn't say where now but it was some old farm that my dad and I were cutting firewood on. :(

19. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

bob if your looking for your first car shouldn,t you be looking for an ark.:Dsorry bob junior made me say that if i can help out just call.brylen.

20. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Maybe your dad would remember where that farm was? I know it's a long shot but maybe.

B:)B

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

Bob, do you have any old registrations or maybe some numbers written down on something somewhere? I know....it's a long shot but..........

22. I dont think it is a long shot, Bob knows just about everybody! I will keep my eyes open for ya, good luck on the hunt! Don

23. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Bob, I'll send him an e-mail and see if he remembers where that was at.

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

I read an article in a CHicago paper a few months ago that there are several service companies that have popped up recently whose sole purpose is to help folks find old cars they once owned. You might try one of those... although the article also said they are rarely successful. Good luck!

25. I have four aquaintances that have '39 coupes that they're driving. I'll check with them and look for evidence of those firewall gauges, etc.

We ain't that far from Milwaukee. :)

26. NoSurf

NoSurf

Good Luck Bob. I hope you find it.

27. As Earl would say: Ask Karma to bring it to ya. If anyone has good Car Karma, it's Bob K. Good luck, Bob...

Phil

28. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I would think that steering column would still be around. problem is ..it may be taken out for a tilt wheel along with a rack in the 80's.
    I'll keep m eye open Bob...good luck and back to the top!

29. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

Oh, god no. PLEASE for all our sakes, let it not be so!
    -GothY-

30. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Good luck Bob........