Register now to get rid of these ads!

How is everyone in Texas?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old beet, Sep 14, 2008.

1. old beet

old beet

Chime in, tell us yer OK!

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I think they're hurtin for power over in those parts, so internet may not happen for a while. Lotsa flooding happened. :( I too would like to hear from Pasadena, Richard D, etc...

3. old beet

old beet

TP is in Conroe, said he was gona ride it out! Hit him hard!

4. bigken

bigken

Spoke with Brokenspoke, he's fine, but no power. Kathy (kisam) and Tanya lost shingles, fence, trees and power, but are fine.

5. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

looked like it hit the houston area pretty hard glad to here broken spoke.
    and the girls are OK
    I bet richard made a storm shelter out of natty light...and is trying to drink his way out :rolleyes:
    I hope every one is OK and to here from them soon....
    It never even rained in austin

6. old beet

old beet

7. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Thoughts are with you TX guys. Hope all is ok.

8. I just got electricity back at 9:30 last nite..now to clean up all the limbs.what a mess!
    Wind and rain Saturday eve and nite was hell..and I'm 250 miles North of Houston..

9. aldixie

aldixie

Still no power, lost shingles and had some minor roof damage. Wife just called me and said the ceiling just cracked in the living room. Yards look a mess and no fences standing. Got off lightly. I'm back at work today on recovery crew for the plant.

10. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Everything is OK in Corpus Christi. It's supposed to be in the high 50's tonight so that's good news, open up the windows for an hour or two. Anyway, my prayers are with Richard D and the others from the Galvaston/Houston area. Ya'll report in as soon as you get a chance. Hang in there guys and let us know if you need anything. Rick.

11. Hope all you guys are OK. My brother is in Dallas, but of course they didn't have to worry.

12. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

No power yet, my shop only got about 5" of water. Trees are down all over town. We have plenty of food and water. The weather has been very cool , low 80's in the day and mid 60's at night with little humidity. This is not normal houston temps in September. Hope things are back to normal by the end of the week, I need to get back to work. Very lucky to have a latop with a car charger.

Saint

13. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

My thoughts are with you guys.
    Good luck and God bless ya!

14. joeks

joeks

galveston island is pretty bad. my mom got back on a few hours ago because she is part of the UTMB e-1 crew. She said there were 15-20 boats thrown on the main way in and out of the island. There is mud every where, making it smell like a big swamp. There is two foot of mud in our basement(ground level) and that is on the highest part of the island.

15. A grand total of 32 beers the night of the storm. I slept through the worst of it. I need a new fence and have a HUGE MESS in my yard, but my house is O.K. and I'm already back to work; gotta make some money to pay for this shit. A lot of us should consider ourselves very fortunate; Ike smacked Galveston like she was Tina.

16. SpookyDad

SpookyDad
    from Cypress TX

I am in the Panera in Copperfield (NW side) along with 50 or so other people on laptops. They have power and internet but no milk or cream for coffee.

We have no power or internet but we do have water and a generator with plenty of fuel. We got off pretty light. Back fence is history and tree limbs down all over the neighborhood. We managed to get cleaned up and thank goodness the temperature has gone down.

I hope everyone else is ok. We can make a limited amount of ice and we have been hosting the neighbor's milk supply for a few days. We will do what we can for anyone who asks.

SpookyDad

17. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

We are on almeda near the med center in Houston still no water and power. The wife and I took a ten gallon bottled water bath today just to get back to feeling normal. Supposedly we are waiting on a transformer that is supposed to be here in the a.m. We have been without since friday at 7p.m

18. Lots of yard mess, power back after four days, bills fell behind ....lucky, I had no damage.

19. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Good luck gang and hang in there. We were with no power for 22 days afte hurricane Francis , only have hurricane Jeanne come take it away again in about a weeks time for another 2 weeks ! I feel your pain for certain

20. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

everything is well in spring.got power back monday night,at my home.the power is still out at the shop.we got off lucky,after looking at pictures of the coast.there is nothing left down there.

our hearts,and prayers go out to them.

-danny

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I survived it. Lost power for a while and had a tree fall over. I've been clearing debris in the neighborhood. Went to work yesturday and power was up. I don't have internet at home, but I'm better off than most. I've been getting ice and water to my sister who is still without power. Getting gas is going to be a major issue in the days ahead. I hope everyone else is doing well. Glad to be alive after all the video I've seen of the coast. Man, what a storm.

For anyone near the Med center, the Krogers @ Cambridge & OST (across from the VA hospital) is FULLY operational. Hell, they had Sushi! They are selling as much ice and water as you can pay for and are constantly restocking the shelves. The deli and meat dept. is also open.

I'll chime in later after work.

22. 30roadster

30roadster

My folks went home to Clear Lake yesterday. They live 1/4 mile from Armond Bayou and about 5 miles from Kemah/Seabrook. They lost some shingles from the roof, no water damage, and they were the only block for miles with power. They were very fortunate. They said the red oak in the front yard was defoliated....looked like all the leaves were sucked off. Up here in College Station we did fine....we were working on cars through most of the storm. I had one tree pushed over and a bunch of branches to pick up.
    Now gas is getting hard to find and our grocery stores are getting a little bare because Conroe and north Houston folks are coming up here to get supplies. Hope TP is doing alright!

23. Brad S.

Brad S.

Still without power. Neighborhood is hosed up pretty good. Was trapped in it until sometime Sunday evening due to flood waters and felled trees. Neighbor around the corner and one down the street lost homes. Trees cut them in half. My neighbor next door had the top of their chimney land in my driveway. Their tree now hangs precariously over my drive way and is leaning on a corner of their house. Nobody sneeze please.

Fucking sucks. No news on electricity and probably won't have any for another week looking at the maps and how much damage we sustained. Been five days already.

Shipped my daughters up to College Station today to stay with my wifes family. Too much stress on them as it was. Now they have AC, TV, and babies to play with.

Dug my hot rod out on Monday night. Took it through the neighborhood. Couldn't believe how many people stopped doing what they were doing and came down to the curb to wave at me or give me a thumbs up. If you've heard it before...you know I can't sneak up on a deaf man.

Did a burnout on the feeder when a van load of kids were giving me the high sign to get after it. Lit them up like they were on fire. Getting out of it I glanced to my right and saw rows of black & whites with red & blue ornaments on top. When I caught my snap the officers were standing on the median and curb laughing, waving, and giving me the thumbs up. God bless the Fort Worth PD for coming down and helping us. I guess they knew I was burning off steam.

Stress is killing me. I don't remember when I bought a second pack of cigarettes but they're gone. Guess my 3 year not buying streak is ended.

No lights. Couldn't find gas until yesterday. Fridge is half fucking dead. Least my freezer is working. Sleep is difficult due to all the generators.

But you know what? If all I have to worry about is keeping my kids safe, having ice in the ice box, and wondering when I'm gonna get fucking electricty back...I'm blessed. Because I've got too many neighbors that can't even come close to that right now.

Crazy.

Fuck Ike.

...and FEMA too.

24. Brad S.

Brad S.

Oh yeah.

For those of you that know Shaun....search HAMB Houston and you'll see the front of his Model A covered in love bugs at the Darkhorse...that car is more fucked up than a screen door in the ghetto.

The shop door broke loose and went into pieces. Landed between his Model A and his dad's 37 Olds. Fucked them both up good. What was left of the big door was swinging in the 130mph winds and beat the top, sides, and back of that Model A to fucking shit. Broke his windows. Bent his doors.

You know what though?

Big sonuvabitch drove it over here tonight. Hardcore.

25. AD

AD

my friend Omar "SKYRODDER" texted me earlier and said that it was a miracle that his 54 didnt get crushed, so thats cool, , and the family's doing good too

26. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

So far no power ....68 hours ot since Friday..I'm tired...my family is fine..It sure could have been worse...Bill

27. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Got power yesterday. Cable came on yesterday also. Thank goodness for great neighbors. They had power across the street so we ran an extension cord across the street to run our fridge. Still have lots to clean up but we are all still alive. I have quite a few broken beams in the roof of the house but we only have one small leak to fix. The beams look like they are going to be a major fix though.

28. bigken

bigken

Good to hear from you, Bill. Hang in there.

29. Brad S.

Brad S.

All our law enforcement is stretched. Friend of ours (Harris Precinct 4) is coming home and passing out in his uniform. We've been helping them get their house straight so its one less thing he has to stress about.

Hang in there Bill. What was it....just over 180 days left? :D

30. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Uhhh. Wow?

I'm in Spring. Got Hot water, no power, just got phone/internet.

Family and house OK.

Generator works fine so beer and food stay cold.

Anyone in need of hot shower, hot meal, cold meal, cold beer, bed to sleep in, or whatever - 832-229-7882.

Mark